• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Dec 12, 2017
No way you can get away with making a GoW about any of the monotheistic religions. Too many crazies. Maybe in 100 years when people realize they are bs.

Oct 26, 2017
Give us Christianity so Kratos can fight these bizarre-looking, bible-accurate angels.

ophanim.png

B3EDBB65-E17A-4711-B7BD-72EAE977726D.jpeg

Gol

Nov 4, 2017
They'll just focus on pantheons from begone ages.

Plus killing gods is just Kratos's thing. Even when he didn't want to in 2018 he still did it.
In GOW3 that's all he did do.

Nateo

Oct 27, 2017
Yo fuck religion so let Kratos fuck that shit up. Hope the next one keeps Kratos.

Enforcer

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I just can't imagine them killing off Kratos for good. He's one of the biggest faces of Playstation. I'd be shocked if it happens.

Betty

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
............ The ending of God of War 2018 has a painting that shows that Kratos is destined to die in Ragnarok with Loki killing him.

And SSM just had an interview yesterday where they said the ending will feel "shocking and emotional but inevitable"

Kratos has 'died' quite a few times now so it doesn't mean it'll be permanent.

I always imagined he'd be carried to Valhalla and have to fight his way out in the third game against enemies his killed before, including Greek gods.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
I want him/Atreus to travel to Indian mythology over Egyptian.

If this was like the original GOW games where he kills everyone, I can see the backlash. I dont think thats an issue in the modern games.

I personally dont want to see tired mythologies like Egypt and am hoping to see some representation for other myths. Rarely do games venture into India, but GOW has the pedigree behind the name for it. And itd just be so cool to see a world and culture unlike any other that is rarely explored or featured in Hollywood/games.

Vito

One Winged Slayer - Formerly Undead Fantasy
Oct 25, 2017
Kratos has 'died' quite a few times now so it doesn't mean it'll be permanent.

I always imagined he'd be carried to Valhalla and have to fight his way out in the third game against enemies his killed before, including Greek gods.
Why would Greek gods be in Valhalla?

iksenpets

Oct 26, 2017
Dallas, TX
I think you could do Egypt without issue. Similarly, I think a sort of ancient Mesopotamian thing where he beats up Gilgamesh or whatever could work, but would maybe feel too similar to Egypt to do both. After that I think everything is at least mildly problematic (African, Mesoamerican, Chinese, Japanese, Hindu, Zoroastrian, some sort of Judeo-Christian angels and demons thing) or would be pretty low interest level from audiences (Celtic or Slavic mythology).

Sesha

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Honest question: Does anyone believe in Greek or Norse gods anymore? Feels like you can get away with depictions of/killing those figures compared to jesus

Yes, variously Neopagans, Hellenists and Odinists, but those aren't contiguous with native worshippers in the past. They're not many, numbering in the low thousands at best. The Nordics were thoroughly Christianized and later thoroughly secularized. No traditional worship survived into modern day. However, there used to be a sort of folk belief in the old gods in the sense that people, mostly in the countryside, would sometimes attribute thunderstorms to Thor and ask the related gods for good luck in their relative areas and stuff like that, while at the same time being firmly Christian. If pressed they would have likely denied actually worshipping the old gods still, though, and affirmed belief in Christianity. But then again, what exactly constitutes genuine belief and actual worship isn't 100% clear at all times.

What people? Who still believes in Egyptian gods?

There's possibly a handful of Neopagans (we're talking in the 10s or low 100s) in those regions that do. Likely very covertly. The risk of outrage is lower than with worshippers of Mesoamerican gods, as there actually is a decent amount of native believers in traditional religions in those region, afaik, which is semi-contiguous with past belief. There's also local Neopagan revivalist movements as well.

Last edited:

Scarlet Spider

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
jtjxAmq.jpg

You can't keep this brown man down, it doesn't matter where you send him. It doesn't matter if you kill him. Hades, Hell ,etc etc etc. No afterlife will hold him, he will find his way out. Ghost of Sparda is going to Egypt and will end up trying to live in peace, only for another pantheon to sniff him out and harass him. Kratos isn't meant to live in peace for long, the gods will always fuck with him. I'm all for Kratos getting into scuffles with other pantheons, it's all fictional. I don't see this problem.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
Is that supposed to mean anything?
Discussing this game requires talking about the previous one. It's like trying to talk about Return of the Jedi without mentioning Luke's dad or training with Yoda. After awhile spoilers are just part of the discourse because you need the spoilers to talk about the sequel.

Big Boy

Oct 25, 2017
Am Persian. Persian mythology is heavily underutilised in media in my opinion. Please go there next

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
I mean it only really works with mythologies where war and conflict were part of the religious iconography. They can't have him fighting Buddha. I think basically Egyptian and that should probably be it.

Welfare

Prophet of Truth - You’re my Numberwall
Oct 26, 2017
Kratos needs to stop the Antichrist with the help of Jesus Christ.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Given how people in this thread seem to worship him, I think the only God worthwhile of being killed by Kratos is Kratos

And then Kratos can return from the dead to get revenge and kill that bastard Kratos. And then Kratos can return from the dead to get revenge and kill that bastard Kratos. And then Kratos can return from the dead to get revenge and kill that bastard....

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Kratos vs Ganesh with spaceships and weird wild sex

Indian please

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
I think if they do it respectfully it will be fine, GOW has also evolved beyond Kratos just going Mortal Kombat on everyone, i don't even think Thor will be a villain in Ragnarok. People are kind of expecting Egyptian gods in GOW one day, but yeah 100% it's an elephant in the room that Kratos is a European god & mindlessly killing African gods wouldn't be the best look to say the least, but i don't believe it will be written that way, it could easily be like the first God of War where the Greeks gods are your allies & there is only one god who has gone rogue, do the same with Egyptians.

Praedyth

Feb 25, 2020
Brazil
Kratos is 1000% getting killed and replaced by Loki at the end of this game.

Assuming otherwise is weird considering how heavily Sony is suggesting Loki replaces him.
I think Atreus is the one who is going to die. He's way too excited with knowing his part on Ragnarök while Kratos just wants for them to survive. I can imagine Atreus and Kratos being hunted, Atreus dying in order "to stop" Ragnarök but Kratos would bring destruction for everyone who took part on the death of his son. Then he would exile to another mythology.

Why foreshadow Krato's death? Well, I bet the game will be about not fulfilling prophecies, like the fate many gods have set on Ragnarök.

Hoddi

Mar 29, 2021
As much as I want to see Kratos fight an all-American Marvel Jesus then I don't think it would be a very good game.

Personally, I'd like to see him killed by Thor. It's time for someone else to take over before it's just another game with an unkillable main character.