• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Saifu

Oct 27, 2017
giphy.gif

I still need to play the first game lol...

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
I am happy that it seems santa monica will go already with ragnarok for the second game, i dont wish for a filler middle act game that is set only during fimbulwinter that will tease ragnarok a second time.
also means we are going to see some really crazy stuff in the sequel ;p

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Cory already said there will be a sequel, no question about that. Ragnarok is what the sequel will be about, that's about it.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
I am happy that it seems santa monica will go already with ragnarok for the second game, i dont wish for a filler middle act game that is set only during fimbulwinter that will tease ragnarok a second time.
also means we are going to see some really crazy stuff in the sequel ;p
Considering the game ends 3 years before Ragnarok starts in Norse myth I don't see there being any other option but to

Dphex

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne, Germany
where is this a hint? that "ragnarok is coming" is known since the end of God of War...

so yeah it is coming...sometime in the next years. please be excited!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, of course it is, lol.

Isn't it fairly obvious that they'll drop a new TLOU II trailer either during or just after MS's conference tonight?

They'd be silly not to.

And have it swamped in the middle of all the news instead of giving its own spotlike like Death Stranding?

There's literally no reason to drop something in the middle of all of this and not just be at E3 proper. They're not going to do anything like that.

BitsandBytes

Dec 16, 2017
That's a nice little Easter egg. I remember James Mays' (Top Gear) epic version that got him fired from Autocar magazine:

5cb353a858751185dabc4e41178eb1ce.png

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
I would take it to be a hint that the sequel is in the works.

I definitely wouldn't expect it too soon though.
Cory pretty much confirmed that months ago. The secret ending is pretty much a teaser for the next game too, so I doubt he's hinting at that, given it started development awhile ago most likely. Cory might just be trolling, as I'd be really surprised if the next GoW wasn't PS5 exclusive, but don't see why he would if they weren't planning some type of reveal fairly soon.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They aren't doing DLC, so... God of War Ragnarok is being announced... Sometime? Interesting. Baldur died, signaling the first part of the beginning of Ragnarok. Next follows a never-ending Winter that only the bare can survive because of a lack of resources and son eventually killing the father. Wolves catching the Sun & Moon, Fenrir being freed (Artreus is going to get his doggo <3).

.... Mhmm I can't wait to see the trailer <3

DieH@rd

Oct 26, 2017
Corey talked openly how the initial story he wrote was too long, so they elected to show only 1st half of it in the first game.

I cant wait to see the 2nd half.

Shazz

The Fallen
Nov 10, 2017
Yeah it was in this theme
BPueif6TPW4b9vHBUfrpK7-650-80.jpg

which was translated to be "Ragnarok is coming".

2CL4Mars

Nov 9, 2018
Well I guess we will find out at the Sony E3 conference next week...

Oh right...

Sorry my bad.

Next year it is than.