• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Replay incoming 100%, that's such an insane patch
Haven't played it since I beat it on launch week, It's time

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
Okay not that we're out of the launch window I'm going to ask it.

This is a flagship studio.

Why no native 4k on the last gen. title?

RedHeat

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they also tweeked the game to take some advantaged of the SSD. Pop-in was a lot more noticeable on the 1.00 version

tzare

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Catalunya
Great, Sony games slowly getting improvements for ps5.
I wish i hadn't such a huge backlog, because it's love to replay it, but si little time...

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank god. Was losing out on hope for this and so happy they're not doing a Spiderman. Second playthrough can finally start soon.

mikehaggar

Developer at Pixel Arc Studios
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Harrisburg, Pa

I'd guess that this is just the existing 4K CB mode from PS4 Pro with the 30fps cap removed. Updating it to run at native 4K60 would probably take more effort/time than they were willing to spend on it.

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Good. I just started it and 30 fps is broken unplayable.
It's so freaking terrible I can't even begin to explain.
60 fps mode at lower res is amazing already and if they can pull this 4kCB/60 off, I might actually complete it this time.

Like I did Days Gone.

More please!
Why is it unplayable tho?

Oct 25, 2017
Very cool, at this point I'm hesitant to replay or play a PS4 game that might get an upgrade.

Hoping for TLOU 2, Horizon and Bloodborne

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Wow!! I've been wanting to replay the game and now seems to be the perfect time.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017

They probably went with 2160c because people are already playing this "mode" running the game unpatched. They know it works so they don't need to do much testing, it's my guess.

Oct 27, 2017
Excellent stuff.

I'm really looking forward to playing through this again. Fingers crossed for other legacy games getting similar patches.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY

Do you know if the unpatched version 1.0 ran at native 4K/60FPS?

I wonder if that was unstable on ps5 and opted for 4K CB to make it run better.

Also did Navtra leak this a few weeks ago that it was coming along other titles?

DRULYBXA

Oct 25, 2017
Been playing it unpatched and near to the end, so good. Perfect timing to dabble in new game +

bes.gen

Nov 24, 2017

my guess,
this is still the game running in back compat mode,
they are just removing a vsync lock from existing performance mode and let ps5 brute force it to 60fps.

PSOreo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully PS5 doesn't sound like it's taking off for a flight unlike my launch PS4 when I played it last. Can't wait to dive in again.

AnimeJesus

Oct 27, 2017
I think I prefer this trend of PS4 games getting updates instead of making a PS5 version...it at least allows me to still use the DS4 and not have the game take up what little internal storage I have left on the PS5.

dmr87

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
Sony doing work.

PbkPKmw.gif

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017

Likely a lot less time and work to retain the game's PS4 Pro rendering resolution and just unlock the framerate instead of actually making a new render resolution AND unlocking the framerate, and then likely having to then make optimizations and more testing.

Oct 30, 2017

Seems a lot easier to just take the resolution mode and uncap the frame rate rather than to make an additional setting mode that features a new resolution.
This is fine.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
Ohh this is so sweet, God Of War was my next stop in the "PS4 classics revisited on PS5 grand tour". Ng++ is going to be awesome.

animalcrossed

Oct 28, 2017
These games don't exactly need remasters though.
Yeah guess not, with backwards compatibility. But Sony could still have sold a brand new $60 God Of War PS5 version like they did with The Last Of Us Remastered (or even the cheaper Spider-Man PS5 version). Is nice that they didn't here and are just doing it for free.

Iztok

Oct 27, 2017
Why is it unplayable tho?

Because I've gotten used to 120+.
I'm being serious, even some 60 fps games I used to think were fine aren't anymore.
I just can't play an action game at 30, it's not even a consideration for me anymore.

I'm really banking on these performance patches to keep coming for all the great PS4 games I missed.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
I doubt From care enough to ever touch Bloodborne and I can't see Sony being too bothered about pushing them to either unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong because I still haven't played it

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I doubt From care enough to ever touch Bloodborne and I can't see Sony being too bothered about pushing them to either unfortunately. Hope i'm wrong because I still haven't played it

4k60 Bloodborne with frame pacing issues fixed and some other touchups would make for a pretty big news story though.