• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raigor

May 14, 2020
GoW_PS5EnhancedExp_Blog.jpg

Coming to you tomorrow on February 2nd, we will be releasing a free patch that replaces the current video graphics mode option with a new default setting that will offer the best of both performance and resolution to our PlayStation 5 players!

ENHANCED PERFORMANCE EXPERIENCE
  • Syncs to 60 FPS
  • 4K Checkerboard Resolution*
  • 2160p*
You can go back to the original PlayStation 4 'Favor Resolution' video graphics mode at any time by selecting Original Performance Experience, which will offer 4K Checkerboard Resolution* synced to 30 FPS.

Santa Monica Studio

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! I hope they keep adding these performance patches to legacy titles. Especially due to the drought and inevitable game delays covid will bring.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
This took longer than I expected it would, but still good to see.

Now for FFVIIR...

Nov 18, 2017
the fact its still checkerboard is a little disappointing but very cool for digital owners to be able to get in on this

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
So as I suspected, it was just QA resources likely being used up for Ragnarok so they didnt have enough time to get a 60fps patch ready for launch day.

zombiejames

Oct 25, 2017
Feb. 2nd is stacked. I finished a NG+ run in December so I probably won't go back to it for a few months more but it's awesome they listened to feedback.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Niceee.

Bloodborne and TLOU2 please.
Bloodborne is the only souls game that isn't playable at 60 FPS, correct?

I just played through it and platinumed it for the first time recently. It's one of the best games I have ever played, but the framerate, especially with its dips, is its biggest downfall imo. I'd love a PS5 patch even if it feels somewhat unlikely.

TLOU2 not having one also feels kinda weird. I'm really hoping that don't resell it again in a TLOU Remastered type way. I adore the game, but it doesn't need more negative press.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
YESSSSSSSS this was one of my most wanted updates. I'll download the game again as soon as I know the update is available!

Helix

Mayor of Clown Town
Jun 8, 2019
I mean I would have loved activity cards support and some DualSense enhancements as well but ahh well

Jan 29, 2018
Of course I replayed the first 75% of the game of my PS5 back in December while I was waiting for my Christmas games. Guess I'll go finish it up in this new mode!

Oct 30, 2017
Yes!

I had such beaten it recently with the disc 1.0 version for 4k/60fps, but can finally put the disc to rest and have the QOL updates and extras like New Game+ that was added later.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
Yet another PS4 game I waited to play on PS5. I'm playing Horizon Zero Dawn right now.

I keep getting rewarded for skipping the mid gen refresh and waiting for this gen.