• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dizzy Ukulele

Oct 28, 2017
I'd already started playing it on PS5. Having checked, I've been playing in resolution mode. That probably makes me stupid but all's well that ends well. Today is gonna be a good day.

Last edited:

Skot

Oct 30, 2017
How do you check for updates on PS5? I can't seem to check to see if theres an update yet

Donos

Nov 15, 2017
Had a retail copy i sold after playing through it. I probably can't download the digital version of the PS5 collection and use the retail save game?

Terbinator

Oct 29, 2017
Clicking check for update is doing nothing for me, current version is 1.34.

Also - this is the first time playing this game. There seems to be an audio bug as Kratos isn't making any sound? He's had three lines of speech during the intro and is silent, but I can hear the boy fine?

Dantero

Jan 23, 2018
I never finished this game on my pro. So when i get my hands on a ps5 this wel be the first thing i boot up.

Dealer A

Jan 13, 2018
I wonder if a better frame rate would help with the motion sickness I experienced with this game. I'd love to try and play it again.

Marble

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
Does anybody know if this can be run from my external HDD or does it need to be on the PS5 SSD?

gl0w

QA Tester
Verified
Mar 23, 2018
I don't remember this being announced? I have completed the game 2 times, but looks like i will give it another spin.

Dec 6, 2017
US
Sweeeeeeeeeeet. I might have to move Days Gone up in the backlog then

I just started playing it on PS5 yesterday and it looks very, very good...it's actually quite a stunner here and there.

Also the game itself is so much better than I expected, I'm REALLY surprised by it. Only wanted to pop my head in to see how it looks because it's free on PS+ and ended up playing like 4 hours minimum...

Het_Nkik

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Clicking check for update is doing nothing for me, current version is 1.34.

Also - this is the first time playing this game. There seems to be an audio bug as Kratos isn't making any sound? He's had three lines of speech during the intro and is silent, but I can hear the boy fine?
Sounds like the game's trying to output in surround sound (center channel for Kratos speaking) and you don't have a center channel. You need to change the audio on the PS5 to bitstream or change your TV's audio input to PCM.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
Just to clarify - this is a patch for the ps4 game - not a ps5 release version? If I already have it downloaded itll update and I"ll be good?

Le Dude

May 16, 2018
USA
All the people that want a TLOU2 patch, I really think they'll make a PS5 SKU.

Now maybe they do a 4K, 60FPS patch for BC mode, and then do a PS5 SKU with things like ray tracing, dual sense, and other extra features, or maybe they do a free upgrade to the PS5 version, but I still think they'll do a PS5 version.

The reason why is they're still working on an online mode. I can't imagine they want the online mode being for a PS4 game a year after the PS5 has launched. And if they're doing a PS5 version for the online I'm sure they would do the same for the single-player.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Perfect timing. Started a new game plus a few days ago and almost got a headache from the frame rate and super zoomed in camera. There's no way to pan the camera back a little, is there? Great game, though.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
All the people that want a TLOU2 patch, I really think they'll make a PS5 SKU.

Now maybe they do a 4K, 60FPS patch for BC mode, and then do a PS5 SKU with things like ray tracing, dual sense, and other extra features, or maybe they do a free upgrade to the PS5 version, but I still think they'll do a PS5 version.

The reason why is they're still working on an online mode. I can't imagine they want the online mode being for a PS4 game a year after the PS5 has launched. And if they're doing a PS5 version for the online I'm sure they would do the same for the single-player.

Well, a PS5 SKU also makes sense if they want to use the DualSense features. To be honest, I'm fine with 'both' options but I would actually prefer a PS5 SKU because it probably has a smaller install size as well.

Vonocourt

Oct 25, 2017
Had a retail copy i sold after playing through it. I probably can't download the digital version of the PS5 collection and use the retail save game?
Saves were always interchangeable unless it's a different sku (Witcher III: Complete edition for example), it's just that a disc install was separate from a digital install. Meaning you couldn't install from a disc and then use a digital purchase to verify you owned the game.

asd202

Enlightened
Oct 27, 2017
Well damn if you have PS5 and plus and you haven't played the game there will be no better time to jump in.

zYuuKwn

Jun 15, 2020
Was the original version of the game 30 or 60 FPS? I played on the Base PS4 and don't remember this :b

If it was 30 fps, I think it would be a great experience to play it again with 60FPS

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Was the original version of the game 30 or 60 FPS? I played on the Base PS4 and don't remember this :b

If it was 30 fps, I think it would be a great experience to play it again with 60FPS

Haha you should definitely remember! It was a "30" fps but did drop a lot, low mid 20's before patch and mid 20's after the patch.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I'm downloading Control, DAS and will have to download this patch later today for sure. Not planning on replaying the whole game any time soon, but I have to see it running at 4k60 fps on my TV.

zYuuKwn

Jun 15, 2020
The original has two modes: 1080p with unlocked framerate and 30 FPS with higher resolution.
On the base console? That's a chocker, didn't expect this :b

Haha you should definitely remember! It was a "30" fps but did drop a lot, low mid 20's before patch and mid 20's after the patch.

Yea, I didn't want to say it was 30 since I wasn't completelly sure but from what I remember it was kind of a stuttery exprience (played exactly at launch, so no huge patches).