• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Peak CCU?

• <20K

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • 20K - 40K

Votes: 27 10.5%
  • 40K - 60K

Votes: 43 16.8%
  • 60K - 80K

Votes: 91 35.5%
  • 100K+

Votes: 60 23.4%
  • 80K-100K (sorry it’s out of order, added later)

Votes: 22 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
store.steampowered.com

God of War on Steam

His vengeance against the Gods of Olympus years behind him, Kratos now lives as a man in the realm of Norse Gods and monsters. It is in this harsh, unforgiving world that he must fight to survive… and teach his son to do the same.
www.epicgames.com

God of War | Download and Buy Today - Epic Games Store

Download and play God of War at the Epic Games Store. Check for platform availability and price!

In just under 1 hour, God of War unlocks on Steam and the EGS. Which also happens to be a Friday or Saturday depending where you live. It also may be the beginning of a long weekend for some. But, Monster Hunter Rise launched yesterday so there may be some who opt to wait until they are done with Rise (some here on Era have expressed this themselves).

That being said, where do you think God of War's peak CCU will land? Will it take the crown as the most successful Playstation PC launch? Or fall short of Days Gone and Horizon?

bonus question!
What day and at what time will the peak CCU be hit?

Update 1/15:
Aloy will have her revenge when Forbidden West hits PC, especially if it happen in less than three years :p

yuFxBzp.png

Last edited:

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Rise is stiff competition tbh, not sure why they would release the port so close to it tbh

Oct 27, 2017
Previous peaks below. I know Death Stranding was not published by SIE, but that's kinda still relevant. I'll go with 50K for Kratos and BOI, but would not be shocked if it tops the previous releases with a pretty 60K.

Horizon Zero Dawn : 56 557
Death Stranding : 32 515
Days Gone : 27 450

FinFunnels

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
It's a $50 port of a 4 year old game and it doesn't have multiplayer, so I think the 20K to 40K poll option is the most realistic. I'd love to see it reach higher than that, though!

Det

Jul 30, 2020
It's a $50 port of a 4 year old game and it doesn't have multiplayer, so I think the 20K to 40K poll option is the most realistic. I'd love to see it reach higher than that, though!

I'd say a bit higher, Horizon peaked at 57k. This seems to have a bit more fanfare? But I wasn't paying much attention when Horizon launched on PC, aside from the port issues.

NediarPT88

Oct 29, 2017
Missing a option 80-100.

I think it'll land there.

It has been below Rise most of the time in the top sellers and that game peak was 109k today (which will likely increase during the weekend).

OP
OP
Mocha Joe

Mocha Joe

Jun 2, 2021
Yeah, seeing those other peak numbers I think my guess is probably way too conservative now lol
Lol yeah, all good though. Don't forget there are a good chunk of people who have never played the game before and it's discounted via official key sites for 15%-20% off. So some PC players may be more willing to spend $40-$50 because they have never played the game before and it's a great port.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
~90K-100K - Day 1 which is today so I didn't vote as there is no range option for that!

Its pre-launch figures are looking much better than HZD or Days Gone. Its also the 3rd most Globally Wishlsited Game on STEAM and even overtook MH: Rise at No.1 in the Real-Time Global Top Sellers 4-5 hours from release.

So it won't be any lower than 90K my prediction, for today. Its getting too much positive PR and 93 Metacritic for the PC version.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
It has been below Rise most of the time in the top sellers and that game peak was 109k today (which will likely increase in the weekend).
Rise was also $10 more, so even if they sold the same amount of copies, Rise would've still been the top seller. Not saying it'll outnumber Rise's concurrent... just some food for thought.

Last edited:

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Switched over to 80-100k now that it's an option.

More than peaks, I'm actually most curious about the legs of these PlayStation games on Steam. I think they'll be extremely strong and sell well for years to come. HZD has been pretty good so far I think.

Kingdizzi

Banned
Aug 11, 2019
80k I'll say.

Much more interested in total sales though, I reckon 1 million on Steam and 1 copy on EGS.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how easily moddable SSM's engine is. Hopefully a lot! I wanna see those mods.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York

CHC

Oct 27, 2017
Gonna have a hard time scraping at LawBreakers' heels but, hey, fingers crossed

Moose

Prophet of Truth - Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 25, 2017
65,000 more than Horizon, this hasn't gotten that's much advertising but it is God of War.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
I'm just hyped and polls exist solely as an avenue for exaggeration or gambling on what the least popular option is

7jT32Rv.png