• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Nightengale

Oct 26, 2017
Malaysia
It's not hard to have some sensibilities instead of grinding down the semantics and numbers, folks.

Among the community here, Metro is one of the sites of which their reviews, critics of games have a stronger weight of terms of discussion due to their historically harsher review scores than the aggregate average. In that perspective, Metro is worth its own thread. By comparison, GamingRevolution, despite being one of the oldest publication sites out there, have very little traction or awareness here, and the lack of post discussing their rankings and views reflect that and thus why it got locked along with some other smaller sites.

And yes, by that logic, GamingBolt isn't 'big.' Putting its scale aside, historically GamingBolt's views have not garnered traction here to generate large discussions, as opposed to personalities that are at outlets like GiantBomb or Easy Allies.

If you step back and ask yourself the question "is this worth a thread for either its news-worthiness or its potential to spark actual discussion about the topic at hand?", you should be able to answer that question by going through simple logic.

There's really all there is to it.

And I suggest you all get back on track, in more ways than one.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This...this right here. This is why I am saying you are coming across to others as hostile. You are essentially threatening another user with a ban.
The guy is contributing nothing here. He is doing nothing but trying to get a rise out of other people with his cries of bias and fanboyism. I would like for the thread to be about the actual topic...

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
It's not hard to have some sensibilities instead of grinding down the semantics and numbers, folks.

Among the community here, Metro is one of the sites of which their reviews, critics of games have a stronger weight of terms of discussion due to their historically harsher review scores than the aggregate average. In that perspective, Metro is worth its own thread. By comparison, GamingRevolution, despite being one of the oldest publication sites out there, have very little traction or awareness here, and the lack of post discussing their rankings and views reflect that and thus why it got locked along with some other smaller sites.

And yes, by that logic, GamingBolt isn't 'big.' Putting its scale aside, historically GamingBolt's views have not garnered traction here to generate large discussions, as opposed to personalities that are at outlets like GiantBomb or Easy Allies.

If you step back and ask yourself the question "is this worth a thread for either its news-worthiness or its potential to spark actual discussion about the topic at hand?", you should be able to answer that question by going through simple logic.

Thanks for the explanation Nightengale.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Just because there's a few more dedicated God of War fans on this board who make threads about that game winning an award, doesn't mean there is a site wide agenda Lewis. If you can't make a thread yourself, you can always ask someone to make it on your behalf. I don't know why you can't make threads, maybe there's a post or tenure limit required before you can make topics, but you can always ask someone in the staff for clarification on that as well.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

And I suggest you all get back on track, in more ways than one.
Thank you.

Wrellie

Oct 29, 2017
Just because there's a few more dedicated God of War fans on this board who make threads about that game winning an award, doesn't mean there is a site wide agenda Lewis. If you can't make a thread yourself, you can always ask someone to make it on your behalf. I don't know why you can't make threads, maybe there's a post or tenure limit required before you can make topics, but you can always ask someone in the staff for clarification on that as well.

Just as an FYI, there is both a tenure and post limit to be able to make threads.

Deleted member 49132

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2018
I'm not hostile I just take issue with someone posting one thing and then claiming another. Make a point and stand by it, don't say two different conflicting things.
What major outlet gave GOTY to RDR2 that didn't have it's own thread? When you start coming up with those names then you can cry bias all you want. Until then you are going to just keep coming across as salty and childish
GamingBolt
TwinFinite
WatchMojo
The Telegraph
Did you stop to think that maybe the ones posting the threads about God of War winning at a major outlet might be a fan of God of War? That isn't bias that's just a fan wanting to share some news. That isn't what bias is.
Look you can't call bias b/c evidently no RDR2 fans want to post threads about where it's winning GOTY at. And if you sit there and say that someone who isn't a fan of the game should post it then you are wrong. No one should bother if they don't care for the game

Last edited:

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Are you trying to make a point here? You provide no context for anything. You still are not contributing to the discussion here. Also everything I've said to you multiple other people in this thread have said to you as well. So I'm not sure if you are purposely trying to attack me or what but you need to stop already.

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised at the lack of one of the following 3 in the top 20, Spider Man, Detroit, Yakuza (6 or Kiwami 2)

ThisIsMyDogKyle

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Into the Breach at #5, hell yeah. Also nice to see Smash get a good placement, fighting games are often ignored.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
I know they said no DLC but come on why not? The GOTY Edition is waiting Sony, it's free money! Free!

I think it's far too late for DLC now. Kotaku did an article earlier this year saying that single player DLC often times struggles to sell. If there was DLC now it'd almost certainly come out a year after the original launch.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's far too late for DLC now. Kotaku did an article earlier this year saying that single player DLC often times struggles to sell. If there was DLC now it'd almost certainly come out a year after the original launch.
The only thing at this point that would be possible is a shorter, standalone thing like Uncharted: The lost legacy was to UC4. Maybe a prequel to the game.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
I can make a thread saying RDR 2 is Resetera user Lewis' 2018 GOTY if that makes things better.

noctix

Oct 27, 2017
Both.

lsgge25c6h521.jpg

Fuck now i want to play this game. Rdr3 staring kratos chopping away wild wild west!!!

Lukemia SL

Jan 30, 2018
You should read the FAQ section. If you cant post threads yet you need to be a member for 90 days and have at minimum 300 posts. They like for people to have a feel for the place before creating, someone correct me if wrong.

I dunno anymore I've seen people with less than 200 post threads. Took me like 500 posts to finally be able to make a thread.

Proof of an OP's post count.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/is-there-a-right-way-to-learn-punch-out.88979/

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Didn't see the mod post so I will drop it here. Sorry for that.

I can't post threads.

Not even really sure what the requirements are either.
Then tell someone to make a thread.

The mods said to only post major outlets and guess what? Most major outlets have GOW4 as their GOTY so that is the reason GOW gets so many threads.

Last edited:

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Impressive feat beating smash. Rdr2 so far down is surprising. Congrats GOW, you did it again!

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
What a superb list. It's refreshing to see a site place Red Dead that low down as that gameplay had some issues, same goes for Spiderman.

Thorrgal

Oct 26, 2017
Only weird pick for me is Monster Boy, lol

Amazing that GoW beat all those indies, only AAA that could, he

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
I forgot Into the Breach released this year...what a game.
This is the year that small indie games can go toe to toe with the biggest AAA productions, at least for awards, but here nobody seems to care.

To have Celeste, Return of The Obra Dinn, Into The Breach, Frostpunk, Overcooked 2, Minit, Dead cells and more in such a list is something extraordinary.

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is the year that small indie games can go toe to toe with the biggest AAA productions, at least for awards, but here nobody seems to care.

To have Celeste, Return of The Obra Dinn, Into The Breach, Frostpunk, Overcooked 2, Minit, Dead cells and more in such a list is something extraordinary.
Agreed. Really hoping that Obra Dinn comes to consoles so that I can play it. I'd like to see Into the Breach on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

EkStatiC

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Greece
Agreed. Really hoping that Obra Dinn comes to consoles so that I can play it. I'd like to see Into the Breach on PS4 and Xbox One as well.

If i wanted to be provocative i could say that the combat system of Dead Cells is miles ahead of anything God of War tried.
Celeste was even more polished than RDR2, taking into account the difference in size of their dev teams.
I could say more but i will stop here for now.

Terror-Billy

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like everyone is telling me today to buy Into the Breach. This list and GB's GOTY podcast today are making a strong case.