• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Demacabre

Nov 20, 2017
I will never not use this gif when it is applicable. Good show for Cory and SSM!

tenor.gif

Zedelima

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, is my goty too

Tecnically impressive, great writing. SSM are the best

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
Yakuza Kiwami 2 got robbed!

Got GoW during BF sales and it's a great, great game. Yeah it has a few minor issues but it's a 9 or 9.5 game for me. And no damn MTX or IAP in site on top of that.

Edit: On a more personal basis, DQXI was my GotY but GoW is a better game overall.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
The BOI takeover continues. Another big award. Anyone a link to the thread counting the totals?

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
This is all so surreal...

I could never have imagined all this recognition and beating out RDR2, wasn't even a possibility. Amazing.

nib95

Contains No Misinformation on Philly Cheesesteaks
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
This is all so surreal...

I could never have imagined all this recognition and beating out RDR2, wasn't even a possibility. Amazing.

If you're an artist at SSM, congrats! You guys did an impeccable job with this title and it deserves the honours. Also, the art in the game really is incredible.

monketron

Oct 27, 2017
RDR2 is a technical marvel and one of the best open world experiences ever made. But there are too many issues with gameplay and the story flow that probably puts it just behind GOW. Hard to argue with GOW as the worthy winner of GOTY.

Secretofmateria

User requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game didnt hit me like it did other people, and I had some issues with the pacing, but I think i need to give this game another play through. There was a lot i enjoyed about it but I need to give it another shot

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I think God of War deserves a special award for being the first game that was so good, I didn't mind that they rebooted the series' title.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
Congrats to the team at sony santa monica! truly deserved.
Also, 62% USER VOTES FOR GOD OF WAR?! thats insane!! considering how huge the site is and that it is a multiplatform website, i would never think it would end up like this. oh man. crazy.

Chronos

Oct 27, 2017
God of the Year.

It seems that GoW is really the one pulling ahead of RDR2 and the rest.
Maybe it's too early to call it, but the consensus among reviewers seems to be GoW as GotY.

Considering many of them are the same that voted it GOTY for the Game Awards, I wouldn't say this is too surprising.