• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Splader

Feb 12, 2018
That doesn't make any sense. Windows is used by 90% of businesses out there, they don't need gaming to make their OS more popular than it already is. You need a cheap laptop for work or study, it's most likely have Win10 pre-installed. You work in an office, 95% chance your office PC has Windows. Gaming contribution to that is insignificant.
Lol.

Wait, is this not satire?

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Days Gone looked significantly better at native 4k on pc compared to the checkerboard 4k. Tho to be fair they did update almost every texture to a much higher resolution version on pc which makes it stand out.

Would be nice if the same happens with GoW, definitely some low res textures that stick out here and there.

Rosenkrantz

Jan 17, 2018
Ah damnit, I quoted the wrong person. Please ignore my post!

I also obviously agree with you. MS doesn't need gaming at all to boost their OS numbers. It's kinda the other way around.
No problem, lol. I just thought that the argument that they somehow gonna use Steam to boost their ecosystem and OS numbers is a bit ridiculous considering there's barely any alternative to Windows on the mainstream market.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Once people see how great the games are, no one would want to wait 5 years for the sequels. The reason PC gamers were okay with it before is because they didn't know great these games were. They didn't know what they were missing
You're right bro, I bought a PS5 for Day's Gone 2! I can't wait!

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Once people see how great the games are, no one would want to wait 5 years for the sequels. The reason PC gamers were okay with it before is because they didn't know great these games were. They didn't know what they were missing

Yeah you're way off on this one, and I have to wonder if your view is perhaps warped around how big / better you think these titles are vs things a lot of PC players may choose over them, and just the nature of what these people actually want and why a console isn't so justifable.

I'm a good example for this.
Never owned a PS console but played a bunch with friend, flatmates and my bro over the years, but also had every Nintendo and Xbox system till I stopped with 360 and Wii and stuck with PC in 2007. Only have a Switch since then.

I've played TLOU and attempted UC1, 2 and 3 after being lent a PS3, and played GOW via PSNow, and tried HZD when it launched.
I completed and liked TLOU for its narrative and exploration, but it wasn't enough to make me buy a console for the sequel.
UC1, 2 and 3 were crap imo so I have no interest. A friend is a big fan though and he's pushing me to try the PC version. I won't bother unless I'm gifted it.
HZD I disliked off the bat for early sections its performance, fov and the nuiscance I had with controls. I since picked it up when it released on PC and found having the input methods, fov and high performance I like made it more engaging and getting past the first several hours, it got a ton better. It's just more AssCreed effectively in a better setting with a better store. Enjoying it and still playing it with Steam Controller for velocity based camera / aim combined with gyro. It's good but still not remotely enough to push me to buy a console.
Enjoyed GOW a lot despite the mess of PSNow and connectivity problems. Still not feeling any need to get a console.

None of these made me buy a console (for sequels or otherwise), because even if I did like these games SO much, it's only 3 games series I actually have interest in, and the only other of passing interest is Spiderman, Bloodborne - not enough to justify buying a box I'd otherwise never use again, and having to play without all the flexibility and features I want on PC to play how I enjoy.

I rather spend my money on so many other things. It's clear a lot of people are fairly similar in this regard.
I'm not even waiting on these games. If they make it to PC, it's great that I'll get to consider them, otherwise they pass right by. I'm content to miss all of them rather than waste my money.

Rover_

Jun 2, 2020
What's the hurry to play these games day 1?

SIE has great writers and most people are really invested into it's stories and characters and after the TLOU2 hate campaign spoiler posting, most don't want to take chances.
even if i had a much more capable PC i would not miss those games day one on my PS5.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the post I was replying to? Their tone wasn't exactly nice to the people who enjoy those games either.

I read his post and the post he replied to as well and really don't see where he wasn't being "nice"

people can like or dislike whatever games they want for whatever reasons they want

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
I guarantee you i will wait 5 years, and if they decide to never release it on PC then i will never play it. There are enough games on PC and for me personally better games (love strategy and stuff like that). The only way sony will get any money from me is by releasing on PC.
Really? Yet PC gamers are spending scalper prices over $1,000 for GPUs?
One improves your gaming experience across the board, the other one lets you play a few games you couldn't otherwise at subpar performance to what you're used to.
How so? For instance, people spend $2,400 on an RTX 3090 for getting 10% more fps than a $1,400 RTX 3080 and you think these guys will bat an eye at spending $500 for a console just to play exclusives?
I spent like 1.5k-2k every two years on PC parts, i could afford a 500$ console but i'll pass. Its not worth it to me to for a few games when there is enough on PC to play and it just takes up space while being barely used.

i feel like this has to go in caps so maybe some people notice it before asking how i dare:
IM NOT SAYING THOSE GAMES ARE BAD AND EVERYTHING I SAID APPLIES TO MICROSOFT AND NINTENDO JUST THE SAME.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
Neat I bought it on sale on the PS store some time ago and never got around to playing it, d'oh!

I'd much rather play it on PC.

ShinobiBk

One Winged Slayer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't think Sony is too concerned with bringing PC players into their ecosystem
They have had no issues selling PS4 or PS5's. They are literally selling as many PS5's as they can make currently.

This is all about making money off of exclusives that have reached saturation on their consoles. It's also a way to increase the price of their games again long after they hit bargain bin pricing (not an insult, I legit bought both Horizon and GoW for $10 each at Best Buy 2 years ago).

It's not really that deep. For the time being all we're seeing is years old ports so I wouldn't expect that to change.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
How so? For instance, people spend $2,400 on an RTX 3090 for getting 10% more fps than a $1,400 RTX 3080 and you think these guys will bat an eye at spending $500 for a console just to play exclusives?
The vast majority of PC gamers honestly are not obsessed with making the games as high end as possible. I assure you a massive amount of the people that will play this game are going to be doing so on lower settings with a super inconsistent framerate on an older laptop or something.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
The vast majority of PC gamers honestly are not obsessed with making the games as high end as possible. I assure you a massive amount of the people that will play this game are going to be doing so on lower settings with a super inconsistent framerate on an older laptop or something.
Yup, steam hardware survey even shows as much. People with top end hardware are less than 1% iirc

Jul 7, 2021
Qa

The vast majority of pc gamers are not obsessed with high end gaming sure... but I'm not sure that it will be them who would be interested in playing a AAA console game on pc.

Not only that but you are probably under estimating pc hardware. You don't need ps5 equivalent hardware to play this game at a good level of performance and settings. And entry level gaming pcs can do better than even last gen pro consoles.

Virtua Sanus

Nov 24, 2017
The vast majority of pc gamers are not obsessed with high end gaming sure... but I'm not sure that it will be them who would be interested in playing a AAA console game on pc.

Not only that but you are probably under estimating pc hardware. You don't need ps5 equivalent hardware to play this game at a good level of performance and settings. And entry level gaming pcs can do better than even last gen pro consoles.
Something like God of War is going to sell probably well over a million easily on PC. It is impossible to assume what kind of players will be the majority there, but I have met quite a few online from developing countries for example that would love to be able to play a AAA title on their mediocre computers.

And yeah I know quite well how far sensible PCs can last. I made my computer on about a budget of $500 several years ago and there has not been a problematic game for me yet. Even without an SSD I think most of what I play for the next five or so years will be fine without me feeling the need to upgrade.

Oct 25, 2017
Did you read the post I was replying to? Their tone wasn't exactly nice to the people who enjoy those games either.

I…didn't…what? Lol

like what you like don't like what you like man, it's just a bit silly when people are just so shocked that not everyone walks the same line that most do that they struggle so come to terms with that fact

mugwhump

â–² Legend â–²
Oct 27, 2017
Interesting. Sony porting their previous games to PC shortly before a sequel comes out on console to try to get people into their ecosystem I guess (and make money off PC sales of course). Wonder if they'll do this for anything else in their catalog.

This certainly increased the odds of me playing GoW or HZD.

Mifec

Oct 25, 2017
reset-the-clock-pacific-rim.gif

Letters

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Interesting. Sony porting their previous games to PC shortly before a sequel comes out on console to try to get people into their ecosystem I guess (and make money off PC sales of course). Wonder if they'll do this for anything else in their catalog.

This certainly increased the odds of me playing GoW or HZD.
No they just want more money for their games after the sales on console slow down, Uncharted and Days Gone have no new games coming out.

Bede-x

Oct 25, 2017

Except that's what some of us are doing. My first thought upon hearing this was: I wonder how it runs on Steam Deck? Second thought: Guess I'm not buying the God of War sequel next year, as I had planned, because I think it'll be ported to PC eventually. Third thought: Maybe I don't need a PS5 after all. I'll give the exclusives 3-5 years and see how many of them end up on PC. If the ones I want get ported, I'll just stick to the PC versions.

If porting old games to lure people in to buy the platform with the new game worked to any significant effect, Sony should be releasing it on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms as well. In fact everyone should be releasing their old stuff everywhere.

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Except that's what some of us are doing. My first thought upon hearing this was: I wonder how it runs on Steam Deck? Second thought: Guess I'm not buying the God of War sequel next year, as I had planned, because I think it'll be ported to PC eventually. Third thought: Maybe I don't need a PS5 after all. I'll give the exclusives 3-5 years and see how many of them end up on PC. If the ones I want get ported, I'll just stick to the PC versions.

If porting old games to lure people in to buy the platform with the new game worked to any significant effect, Sony should be releasing it on Nintendo and Microsoft platforms as well. In fact everyone should be releasing their old stuff everywhere.
Steam Deck at 720p could be really good

disparate

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sony has been pretty transparent about the point about the PC strategy, it's just about juicing a game's sales after they start to slow down. There's no 4D chess master plan about making PC players buy $400-500 extra boxes to play games they'll eventually get anyway- that's ludicrous.

Deleted member 12833

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sony is making smart moves tbh. Greatly increasing revenue for products that are no longer selling and getting non ps gamers interested in Sony games. I bet it will just lead to more ps5 sales from pc gamers wanting a sequel before x years

NCR Ranger

Oct 25, 2017
Cool. I might buy it. I am also seriously doubting if GT7 will get me to buy a PS5 like I planned. Since it seems a PC port is inevitable. Having a console collect dust inbetween the handful of games I play on it seems wasteful.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.