• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully God of War III Remastered runs at a solid 60fps now instead of the solid 60fps it ran at on the PS4.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
Hope God of War 3 gets 4K. I was not that impressed by the PS4 remaster from image quality standpoint, it upped resolution a bit but the anti-aliasing/post-process solution was not as good as the PS3 version so it was not that impressive.

RivalGT

Dec 13, 2017
Patches to enable boost mode?
Boost mode is a system level feature, well it was on PS4 Pro at least. But devs can updates to their games to take better advantage of boost. For example the devs of ghost of tsushima will unlock the frame rate of the game, so the game can run at 60 fps.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
I'm guessing this is just to let players up the framerate lock 60FPS and then they let Game Boost do the rest. That's what Sucker Punch appears to be doing with Ghost of Tsushima.

turbobutts

Oct 25, 2017
would it be safe to assume any game that's in the PS+ collection would get some kind of fancy'ing-up update?

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
I think Bloodborne will come months after launch to not detract from Demon's Souls. I also think it won't be a patch, but a new version for sale, just like the first two Dark Souls games.

xem

Oct 31, 2017
I'm guessing this is just to let players up the framerate lock 60FPS and then they let Game Boost do the rest. That's what Sucker Punch appears to be doing with Ghost of Tsushima.
was there a patch for Ghost that mentioned the PS5 stuff? I know they tweeted about it but was wondering if they needed to patch this in or not because taking advantage of Game Boost needs no patch?

Niklel

Prophet of Regret
Aug 10, 2020
My fear is that From Software is too busy with Elden Ring (although the game quite possibly simply doesn't exist 😒) to care about patching Bloodborne.
Although they are going to release a free Sekiro dlc soon, so maybe they do have some time for some of their "old" games, after all.

Oct 28, 2017
Unlocked framerate and Dynamic rez up to 4k would be great for at least the first party offerings, let the ps5 go to work!!

Lagspike_exe

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
Unlocking the 4K CBR mode to run at 60FPS would be an easy patch that would drastially improve the experience, but if they did anything else (e.g. what Gears 5 is doing), that would be really awesome. GoW already looks stunning, boosting graphics a bit more would be incredible and they could probably easily do that.

Oct 25, 2017

Tiago Rodrigues

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 15, 2018
How much closer? I can already smell the damn thing and they are acting like the console is a mythical being shrouded in mystery. With the amount of pre orders, they should just release all the info already, I wanna know more about the stuff I am getting soon.

" they are acting like the console is a mythical being shrouded in mystery" you're right. we only have i don't know how many videos for all the games to be released with it. we only got multiple articles on the dual sense and how it'll be implemented in many games. we only have a teardown video for the hardware, we only have a UI video for the console, we only got a Media article yesterday about the apps the console is about to have on day one. We only got news about how BC will be able to play all but 10 PS4 games and plenty will get PS5 upgrades.

Can we stop talking about the PS5 as if this was January?

You guys act like this console is not even real and we know nothing, lmao

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Patches to enable boost mode?
No, boost is a system level solution. It's possible the devs found glitches and game breaking situations when running the game in boost modes tho. So they are trying to fix this or it could be they unlock the framerate to better take advantage of the additional power or the PS5 compared to PS4.
was there a patch for Ghost that mentioned the PS5 stuff? I know they tweeted about it but was wondering if they needed to patch this in or not because taking advantage of Game Boost needs no patch?
Boost mode doesn't need a patch. However GoT was locked at 30FPS, thus no power in the world would get it up to 60FPS. Unless the developers (or Xbox BC Team) unlock the framerate. We don't actually know what's going on here. In my opinion it could be games with issues in boost mode, thus does are getting fixed or the developers wanted to unlock the framerate and make changes to loading.

I think it could be new PS5 assets.
Don't get your hopes up. The 8GB patch already got debunked and even if it was true, PS5 assets for a AAA game would take up much more space.

Last edited:

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
8GB? That's a lot. The loadings are hidden behind a mini level which is needed for the story so they won't be able to patch that. I think it could be new PS5 assets.
Shite, I forgot about that. And the squeezing/ducking. Ironically what was introduced to help lessen the impact of loading times now will make loading times really obvious on PS5.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
BB has game logic tied to 30 FPS so quite possible, pretty sure DF made a video about it

I remember when GOW3 came out. Worth it just for the intro level.

Any PS5 benefits will be welcomed!

Biggest case of shooting your load too early that I've ever seen too. The intro was one of the best intros in all of gaming ever, and it was all downhill and over the top in a parodical way afterward.

Goodacre0081

Oct 25, 2017
Please don't read into this too much, Lance is a great guy and very reliable source so it's definitely true - BUT - Added support can mean virtually anything.

It's most likely he's taken a look at the patch data on a modded PS4 and recognized something that indicates support for a PS5 profile, something which patches for games had after the PS4 pro came out often had even when they didn't have significant features.

It could mean anything really, ranging from 'we tested a native ps5 profile mode and it didn't crash so we enabled it' to 'we changed the resolution, textures, framerate, added raytracing'.

Which is the widest possible gamut.

The fact that publishers aren't yelling over a megaphone about new features indicates it's probably much closer to the former.

this seems most likely

now do people understand why some of us are disappointed in Sony's BC efforts and lack of care? MS is nailing it with Series X Enhanced and the standard BC tech they built (4K up rez, HDR)

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Would GoW3 get a res boost? Feel like it could've had that on ps4 pro but they never added support there.

Also wonder why guerilla hasn't released any patches for killzone or horizon yet.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Must be something more than just mere "compatibility" my guess is 4K assets/native 4K60? Hopefully the last of us 2 follows soon.
I don't think a 25mb patch holds many 4K assets. Don't get your hopes up guys. The best case would be native 40K60FPS, if that's feasible without optimizing the game to RDNA2 GPU. Remember Xbox with the arguably superior solution couldn't tab into the RDNA2 feature set for BC. I think it's likely that the PS5 will be a ~10TF GCN GPU in BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.