• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Rhoman

Nov 14, 2019
How did he controles the camera like that?

Lance says in an earlier tweet "God of War (PS4)'s camera fully hacked. No clipping, ability to start and stop time freely, and works fully during cutscenes. It's activated by entering special button presses on the map screen. Works great! " Maybe using a modded PS4?

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
the most funny thing is if we consider it cannon

as Baldur can't die and is giving Kratos the finger hahaha

chandoog

Oct 27, 2017
wowwwwwwww ...

1. how does someone find something like that ...
2. how do developers have the foresight to add things like this to be discovered years later.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
first off: thats hilarious.

second: i am very interested in seeing more of this, GoW was done all in a one shot camera, i wanna see what tricks did they use throughout the game.

wowwwwwwww ...

2. how do developers have the foresight to add things like this to be discovered years later.
easter egg is a bit misleading here, its a camera hack to make it move freely. Because it is a hack i dont think they expected players to find this, it was probably just something one of the devs did during the making of the scene for laughs.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
giphy.gif

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
easter egg is a bit misleading here, its a camera hack to make it move freely. Because it is a hack i dont think they expected players to find this, it was probably just something one of the devs did during the making of the scene for laughs.

that being said many programmers/artists insert this little things in the games w/o the director/producer knowing, just for fun or people discovering years later.

inpHilltr8r

Oct 27, 2017
1: The entirety of the UI logic is implemented in Lua, so, datamining. More significant is that he also appears to be able to inject changes back into it. He's managed to toggle photo mode, zero-time pausing, and render world independently, while the script normally toggles all three at the same time.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
first off: thats hilarious.

second: i am very interested in seeing more of this, GoW was done all in a one shot camera, i wanna see what tricks did they use throughout the game.

Well every game ever eventually gets hacked on the pc. Look at Mgs4, took ages but got there eventually. So I think they knew it would come out eventually.

This is hilarious btw.

Tyaren

Character Artist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Oh, no! XD Now I will always think of that and smirk during that scene when it should actually be a brutal and impactful moment.