• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Baji Boxer

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I remember it being pretty good, though it's been a long time. Only two negatives was a guy in the bathroom who stood real close to me while I was pissing and asked me if I'd ever killed a man. Also it feels like it was the last place in the city to adopt card payments.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Never been. They all look run down with dim lighting, afraid to enter and I don't understand the lingo.
They are run down with dim lighting, that's apart of the charm. Just go one day, there's no "lingo" to understand beyond what to get on your hash brown, which there is a menu for.
Scattered smothered covered chunked & topped for this boy.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017
This should be obvious by now, but there's not some universal standard of quality governing Waffle House food.

They're making breakfast.

Conciliator

Oct 25, 2017
One time I fainted at a waffle house after a party where I had taken these 'muscle relaxer' pills that I'm still not sure what they were. Which you shouldn't do kids, don't take pills that you don't know what they are.

Anyway, that's my waffle house story

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think Waffle House is easily the best big fast food chain in the US.
It's the only one that makes decent versions of the dishes they're serving. Even the best burger chain makes burgers that are shit compared to even a half assed effort at actually cooking.
But I think Waffle House's stuff is legit, it's solid eggs, waffles, grits, hashbrowns etc. nothing fancy, but nothing wrong either, it's simple food, and it's done well, or at least, well enough for my simple peasant palliate.

They also hire people with a criminal record, and that's always good in my book.

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Only ever been once and I ordered some sort off pile of everything.

it was the first overhyped southern food place that lived up to the hype

meowdi gras

Feb 24, 2018
Waffle House is the quintessential "beer goggles" restaurant. Eating it sober is a pretty sad experience.

blomby

Banned
Nov 14, 2019
the posturing of people trying to appear cultured by dismissing the humanity waffle house is able to capture in a pecan waffle is an expression of how the "refined" palate movement that is nothing more than a mask for buyer's remorse after spending $60 on a steak

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
the posturing of people trying to appear cultured by dismissing the humanity waffle house is able to capture in a pecan waffle is an expression of how the "refined" palate movement that is nothing more than a mask for buyer's remorse after spending $60 on a steak
In this day of Costco, who is paying $60 for steak? Disgusting.

Speevy

Oct 26, 2017

Damn straight. Whether you're meeting a friend for a crime or you don't know what day it is, or you just popped into an unknown town and don't feel like driving anymore, they've got your eggs.

Logistic

Oct 30, 2017
Waffle House is amazing.

My go-to story: We were there around 2-3 AM and I ordered hash browns covered and chunked (cheese and ham). They came back with onions throughout and I stopped the waitress and said "hey, I'm sorry, but these have onions in them and I wanted covered and chunked." She paused for about 2 seconds and said "It's going to be alright" and then walked away.

I ate them.

OP
OP
Haze

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
Waffle House is amazing.

My go-to story: We were there around 2-3 AM and I ordered hash browns covered and chunked (cheese and ham). They came back with onions throughout and I stopped the waitress and said "hey, I'm sorry, but these have onions in them and I wanted covered and chunked." She paused for about 2 seconds and said "It's going to be alright" and then walked away.

I ate them.

wow, your server gave you a side of casual philosophy with your hash browns. I don't know how someone can't Stan.

Deleted member 4367

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Waffle House is amazing.

I ate them.
Legit good story.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
Dude, they're all over Indiana, at least in Indianapolis and the nearby cities.

Scattered, smothered, covered, capped, and peppered. Add steak and bacon. Food of the gods. Sometimes I'll throw pickles into the mix too.

Oh, you also should be getting a pecan waffle too.
I'm in Evansville and the closest ones are all about 80 miles away.

Ricelord

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The first time I been to an waffle house was also be my last, the customer service was so fucking awful.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
customer service at waffle house is being called sugah 15 times within 3 minutes and getting drink refills.