• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
For me its breaded mushrooms when its a choice otherwise i go with onion rings. im not much of a fries person as they are kinda hit or miss and unless you eat them rite away they suck.
i assume most people just go with fries since they come with the meal unless you ask to swap them out

garlic-breaded-mushrooms1.jpg

mopinks

Oct 27, 2017
I think I've been to one place in my entire life that had fried mushrooms as a side option

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I dont generally eat fast food but the once or twice a year I find myself doing it, its either FIve Guys burger and fries or Mexican pizza.

grang

Nov 13, 2017
I have never seen fried mushrooms as an option at any fast food place (Boston MA USA area)

But yeah, fries. Maybe fried pickles.

Makoto Yuki

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Fries, always unless they have loaded tots or loaded fries. Any fried potato is my go too.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Your go-to fast food cannot be breaded mushrooms. Seriously? I mean that's cool because those are good and it's unique but that's your go-to???

Anyway, nuggets or a spicy chicken burger for me.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
For me its breaded mushrooms when its a choice otherwise i go with onion rings. im not much of a fries person as they are kinda hit or miss and unless you eat them rite away they suck.
i assume most people just go with fries since they come with the meal unless you ask to swap them out

Your choice is a side that literally doesn't exist as an option at any national fast food chain? OK.

Rizific

Oct 27, 2017
Your choice is a side that literally doesn't exist as an option at any national fast food chain? OK.
yeeeah....was gonna say, i dont think ive seen fried mushrooms at any "fast food" joint. sit down restaurants, sure. for fast food sides its either fries, onion rings, or mozzarella sticks for me.

JackSwift

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Jack in the Box curly fries with their buttermilk ranch sauce. I don't think I've ever had the regular fries at Jack in the Box.

RochHoch

One Winged Slayer
May 22, 2018
This thread is reminding me of how I really wish that Wendy's had better sides

But anyway, Onion Rings and Mozzarella Sticks are my shit, when available. Otherwise, it's fries all the way.

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love to have fried mushrooms as an option but nowhere around me does that. And if they did, it wouldn't be all gussied up like the OP at a fast food joint. It's pretty much just fries as an option.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
Fries at most places, except Culver's. Then it is the cheese curds. If I ever find myself at Mission BBQ I'll usually go for Mac and Cheese and BBQ Beans.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
theres more to the world than big chains 🤷‍♂️
I don't think anybody is arguing that. However, most people entering this thread understand fast food to mean something like this:

Definition of: 'fast food' is: 'food, as hamburgers, pizza, or fried chicken, that is prepared in quantity by a standardized method and can be dispensed quickly at inexpensive restaurants for eating there or elsewhere.'.
https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fast-food

The "prepared in quantity by a standardized method" is key, and is generally only the domain of larger chains. Ignoring that, colloquially, people associate "fast food" with large, national (or international) chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc.) and would not be considering an option like you provided. Fried mushrooms are a niche side in any restaurant segment, but if I had to associate them with one I'd probably say, typically, it would be "fast casual." Food served in this sector is generally made to order without table service (Chipotle, Panera, etc.). Maybe even casual dining, where you have chains like Fridays, Chilis, Applebees, etc.

So what, exactly, are you asking us!

the lizard

Nov 1, 2017
I fucking love jalapeno poppers. Cream cheese popper specifically.

'sup Arby's

(edit: I guess my actual go-to is a chalupa since Taco Bell is the only fast food I regularly eat. but I love poppers)

Oct 29, 2017

What fast food place is giving you these fried mushrooms in a basket with a separate dipping sauce basket on a rugged placemat, because I want to go there.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Personally my favorite "fast food side" should be obvious. The typical! The go to! The one everyone loves and adores...

foie gras

followed closely by the obvious #2:
caviar

Kitsunebaby

Oct 27, 2017
Annapolis, Maryland
I feel like a lot of people on this forum have a very different definition of "fast-food" than I do. Because I've literally never seen a place with fried mushrooms already cooked and ready at a moment's notice.

kirby_fox

Oct 29, 2017
Midwest USA
Are you counting fast-casual here?

Probably fries because even the fast casual places around here don't have a ton of sides, and they have really good fresh cut fries. I sometimes go just as an excuse to get fresh cut fries.

KingM

Oct 28, 2017
I feel like a lot of people on this forum have a very different definition of "fast-food" than I do. Because I've literally never seen a place with fried mushrooms already cooked and ready at a moment's notice.
For whatever reason a lot of non-chain older, 60s-80s era, fast-food places have a ton of fried vegetables. Mushroom, zucchini, etc. It all tastes like hot dough so it's good.

Wubby

Oct 27, 2017
Japan!
Maybe I'm boring but good old fries for me. Also Curly fries, waffle cut and the like. Onion rings are always good too!

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
I don't think anybody is arguing that. However, most people entering this thread understand fast food to mean something like this:

https://www.dictionary.com/browse/fast-food

The "prepared in quantity by a standardized method" is key, and is generally only the domain of larger chains. Ignoring that, colloquially, people associate "fast food" with large, national (or international) chains (McDonalds, Burger King, Taco Bell, etc.) and would not be considering an option like you provided. Fried mushrooms are a niche side in any restaurant segment, but if I had to associate them with one I'd probably say, typically, it would be "fast casual." Food served in this sector is generally made to order without table service (Chipotle, Panera, etc.). Maybe even casual dining, where you have chains like Fridays, Chilis, Applebees, etc.

So what, exactly, are you asking us!
I've only ever seen them offered at sit down places as an appetizer as well so I googled and found out Zaxby's, which is a national chain with a drive through, offers them. I used to live in an area with Zaxby's but never ate there. Go figure.

I love the jalapeno poppers at Churches. I used to go there and get just those.