• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

_Aaron_

Oct 29, 2017
Sega have launched a 60th anniversary website: https://60th.sega.com/

Introducing Sega Shiro, son of Segata Sanshiro:
hero_cast.png

KenOD

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I expected, but okay, that's something. Guess the monkey paw for SEGA fans only had enough energy for Space Channel 5, Sakura Wars, and now this.

Good on the kid for succeeding his father here though. I really thought he would do Kamen Rider first. Or Rambo Jr.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
Not what I expected, but okay, that's something. Guess the monkey paw for SEGA fans only had enough energy for Space Channel 5, Sakura Wars, and now this.

Good on the kid for succeeding his father here though. I really thought he would do Kamen Rider first. Or Rambo Jr.
I'm pretty sure he's only like 15, so it's probably too early for Kamen Rider.

MistaTwo

SNK Gaming Division Studio 1
Verified
Oct 24, 2017
This was basically the only thing it could have been when you checked the URL links and overall messaging on the teaser site.

Pretty cool that it's his real life son!

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
60th.sega.com

[Archive] SEGA 60th Anniversary

[Archive Site] Welcome to the SEGA 60th Anniversary Site. SEGA Group will be celebrating its 60th anniversary on June 3rd, 2020. This site aims to provide content introducing various events that celebrate our 60th anniversary, a lookback at the last 60 years.

This is neat.

I wonder what Sega has in store this year.

Alienhated

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see what this campaign will concretely be about.

I don't know how to feel yet about Segata Jr, at least he's cute.

Clive

Oct 25, 2017
Does that mean we are getting a new SEGA console? Feels like Sega has a shot again at the console market now that the son of its great hero (RIPIP Segata) is an adult who can fight for them.

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
60th.sega.com

[Archive] SEGA 60th Anniversary

[Archive Site] Welcome to the SEGA 60th Anniversary Site. SEGA Group will be celebrating its 60th anniversary on June 3rd, 2020. This site aims to provide content introducing various events that celebrate our 60th anniversary, a lookback at the last 60 years.

This is neat.

I wonder what Sega has in store this year.

Based on their recent track record, probably not a lot! lol
A girl named Sammy. That's my headcanon and ain't nothing you can do to change that.

That girl's a bad influence on him! She's a bad egg! lol

Oct 30, 2017
Bummer, but they didn't really hype this up or promise anything more. I mean heck it says segashiro in the URL. Keep burning the candle for VF6 and let Sega know you want it.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Great site about SEGA history from SEGA itself. I'm really exciting what they have in store for 2020.
While browsing through their history on the site I'm quite baffled about several facts like they Game Gear was released in 1988. A portable game machine with a color LCD screen and TV Tuner capability. Crazy. They've released with Virtua Racing a full 3D polygon-based racing game in fuckin' 1992 when I was already gaming on NES, Master System and Game Boy, but never heard about LCD screens nor 3D graphics or polygons.

SEGA was so often way ahead of it's time all the way up to the Dreamcast with it's online capabilities or the VMU. It's a pity that they didn't manage to turn their innovations to long-term success most of the time.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017
Based on their recent track record, probably not a lot! lol

I've been pretty happy these last few years. Seems like anything is possible to me.

SEGA was so often way ahead of it's time all the way up to the Dreamcast with it's online capabilities or the VMU. It's a pity that they didn't manage to turn their innovations to long-term success most of the time.

A lot of Sega's innovations didn't bear fruit, however in the arcade market their innovations caused them to be the market leader, even today. Sadly that market has been limited.

Oct 30, 2017
I've been pretty happy these last few years. Seems like anything is possible to me.

A lot of Sega's innovations didn't bear fruit, however in the arcade market their innovations caused them to be the market leader, even today. Sadly that market has been limited.
Yet the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter was enough to paint Yu Suzuki as a talentless, overrated hack and villain to a wide majority of internet-connected gamers. Shame.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
It was made clear it was Segata Sanshiro-related in the other thread but I am going to go ahead and be disappointed that it's not VF6 nonetheless.

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't Shiro be looking for revenge against SONY for killing his father instead of fucking around in school?

sibarraz

Prophet of Regret - One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the scroll page, I read the term "kayo show" what's exactly this thing and why sakura wars pionereed it?

Also, I found odd that as a higlight they mentioned a football club manager for the saturn as one of their highlights, unless they somehow wanted to connect it with Football, or if this is a big ip for SEGA in Japan

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
Looking at the scroll page, I read the term "kayo show" what's exactly this thing and why sakura wars pionereed it?

Also, I found odd that as a higlight they mentioned a football club manager for the saturn as one of their highlights, unless they somehow wanted to connect it with Football, or if this is a big ip for SEGA in Japan

I guess to show the breadth of their portfolio, and maybe they wanted to link it to Football Manager, a game they sell millions of every year.

It was made clear it was Segata Sanshiro-related in the other thread but I am going to go ahead and be disappointed that it's not VF6 nonetheless.

I mean, this is the start of an ad campaign for their upcoming lineup, which could be anything.

Dooble

Oct 28, 2017

The Let's Make a Soccer/Derby Stallion/Baseball has been a big franchise for them. They released dozens of games.