• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Brewster123

Self-Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA
Finished the game. That was a really well done experience. The gameplay was addicting, the characters were well-written and unique, and the overall story and dynamic with Setsu was tightly written and quite well executed. I'm particularly attached to this cast of characters; they are all really memorable. The graphical style and music are the icing on the cake.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Finished! Took 129 loops!

So I do think a lot of what this game is doing is interesting. But the amount of worthless loops in the late games is a nightmare--events need to auto trigger when the requirements are met, because i had so many runs where I should have triggered an event and it just was like lol nah.

I found it hard to care terribly about the characters as the interactions you have with them are both sparse in number and actually info. and every other interaction you have with them is very plain filler text with no difference between loops. I liked Setsu best and I still didn't find myself moved by the ending bc of how little actual time i spent with them, as well as how little i actually knew about them.

I don't think the loose structure helped my enjoyment, and I found the AI to be arbitrary and illogical. Someone was determine I had to be the engineer, then proceed to not listen to my decisions, despite them being crew (I would check after the round). Like ???? *you* were the one who said I was right, but now you're like lol nahhhhhh. Just bizarre.

eggs

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm on loop 30 and I'm having trouble figuring out how to detect gnosia/bugs etc without either detecting a lie with Intuition or having engineer/doctor reports. When I lose it's usually when the gnosia tell a logically consistent story and it's just a matter of which Engineer to trust. Trusted the wrong end of things twice now haha.

Also I inevitably get killed as Guard Duty - do I need to up Stealth for that?

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Man I'm on loop 30 and I'm having trouble figuring out how to detect gnosia/bugs etc without either detecting a lie with Intuition or having engineer/doctor reports. When I lose it's usually when the gnosia tell a logically consistent story and it's just a matter of which Engineer to trust. Trusted the wrong end of things twice now haha.

Yes, raising your stealth level does decrease your chance of being targeted at night.

LaunchpadMcQ

Oct 25, 2017

To your first point there, watch who Gina, Comet, and Chipie are scum reading. They have really high intuition stats and they might be able to point you in the right direction on which of the claimed roles is lying or even just in general. Of course, keep in mind they themselves might be Gnosia and lying, but it helps when more than one of them are scum reading someone.

For Guard Duty, it shoots you up on Gnosia's radar since you're confirmed crew. You need to raise Stealth to survive consistently, and engage in Small Talk whenever possible. It also helps if you happen into a collaboration with a Gnosia, I think.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Once Manan takes the key, she starts looping the same way you and Setsu do which means she experiences all the different roles. Manan is the Kukrushka who massacres everyone while she and Remnant were Guard Duty. I don't think there's any hard rule on which loops had the normal Kukrushka and which loops had Manan, but I'm pretty sure it's not her every time since they specified the personalities inside the dolls can swap.

I think another takeaway from the Kukrushka massacre is that Kukrushka was already a Gnosia despite being on Guard Duty with Remnan. The thought behind Guard Duty being guaranteed human is that people became Gnosia while out of the ship, but since Menan!Kukrushka was Gnosia to begin with that logic did not apply to her.
Finished! Took 129 loops!

So I do think a lot of what this game is doing is interesting. But the amount of worthless loops in the late games is a nightmare--events need to auto trigger when the requirements are met, because i had so many runs where I should have triggered an event and it just was like lol nah.

I found it hard to care terribly about the characters as the interactions you have with them are both sparse in number and actually info. and every other interaction you have with them is very plain filler text with no difference between loops. I liked Setsu best and I still didn't find myself moved by the ending bc of how little actual time i spent with them, as well as how little i actually knew about them.

I don't think the loose structure helped my enjoyment, and I found the AI to be arbitrary and illogical. Someone was determine I had to be the engineer, then proceed to not listen to my decisions, despite them being crew (I would check after the round). Like ???? *you* were the one who said I was right, but now you're like lol nahhhhhh. Just bizarre.
Don't forget to get the true ending!

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I think another takeaway from the Kukrushka massacre is that Kukrushka was already a Gnosia despite being on Guard Duty with Remnan. The thought behind Guard Duty being guaranteed human is that people became Gnosia while out of the ship, but since Menan!Kukrushka was Gnosia to begin with that logic did not apply to her.

Don't forget to get the true ending!
I saw credits roll + the title screen change--is there something after that?

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
I saw credits roll + the title screen change--is there something after that?
Yes.

Start up a new file (don't delete your completed one) with the same name, gender, and color as your completed save. Then when Setsu asks you if you understood her, answer about the time you went fishing or watched a movie, depending on which activity you chose.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Yes.

Start up a new file (don't delete your completed one) with the same name, gender, and color as your completed save. Then when Setsu asks you if you understood her, answer about the time you went fishing or watched a movie, depending on which activity you chose.
oh got it, I'll do that right now. Thanks!

edit: aww, that def upped my enjoyment of the ending--thanks for letting me know :)

Last edited:

Sumio Mondo

Oct 25, 2017
United Kingdom
Shigemichi: "B-b-but there's irrefutable evidence I'm not guilty..."
Everyone else: "Shush now. Into cold sleep you go for the 100th time!"

Poor Shigemichi. lol.

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020
Just finished it, game was amazing. I felt the budget held it back from being a masterpiece but honestly I would recommend the game to anyone that enjoys games of werewolf/mafia with a good sci-fi adventure story

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
I'm in need of assistance getting

Jonas - 7
Kukrushka 5, 6
Remnan 5

Event Search is just not helping me at all to get these, they're my last ones. DX On loop 136

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
About 6/7 events away from the end and I just want to see the ending now. Art is fantastic for the most part and the individual character moments are nice, but it's gotten really repetitive. Anytime there's a loop without an event triggered (even though I always event search) I just immediately switch off.

Halfstar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
I'm in need of assistance getting

Jonas - 7
Kukrushka 5, 6
Remnan 5

Event Search is just not helping me at all to get these, they're my last ones. DX On loop 136
For Remnan, you need to cover him and visit him at night. View both night events and tell him you believe in him / like him.

The others are story quests that depend on each other, so you need to do Kukrushka 5 -> Kukrushka 6 -> Jonas 7. Kukrushka 5 should start after the Setsu event where you visit the hangar and meet Jonas. You and Setsu have to be human. There should be a story event when you visit the hangar at night again.

About 6/7 events away from the end and I just want to see the ending now. Art is fantastic for the most part and the individual character moments are nice, but it's gotten really repetitive. Anytime there's a loop without an event triggered (even though I always event search) I just immediately switch off.
There are some events that are triggered by certain people surviving in the end, or trusting you at the night events, and don't necessarily show an event scene on the first day.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
For Remnan, you need to cover him and visit him at night. View both night events and tell him you believe in him / like him.

The others are story quests that depend on each other, so you need to do Kukrushka 5 -> Kukrushka 6 -> Jonas 7. Kukrushka 5 should start after the Setsu event where you visit the hangar and meet Jonas. You and Setsu have to be human. There should be a story event when you visit the hangar at night again.

Thanks! :D

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Around 80 loops, just got out of a one that began with an event with Setsu telling me to go to talk to Raqio
Of course Raqio got voted out litterally on the first round as usual so I just had a normal game

Said game ended in a frustrating way once again, with the AI doing thing that are not logical at all.

Situation at the end was
4 people left : Player, SQ, Shigemichi, Otome
I was the proven doctor, only one that stepped forward Day 1, had definite human used on me
Shigemichi was Guard Duty
I was in collaboration with Otome

You can see where that should end up right?

Well it didn't, I doubted SQ twice and both Shigemichi and Otome went to her rescue telling she was safe.
Of course before that SQ doubted Otome, Otome supposedly being the character with the high logic stat how the hell didn't she picked up that SQ was the last Gnosia remaining ?

Shigemichi was guard duty, there was no doubt, I was doctor there was no doubt AND we were collaborating how the fuck did she ended up thinking protecting SQ was the right thing to do ? (I guess high charm from SQ and kindness from Otome played a role, but at some point basic logic should supersede any other variables defining AI choices)
The AI is good overall but these times when you get into situations like this really ends up being frustrating occasionally.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
Finished Gnosia w/ True Ending. I give it a 6/10. Interesting concept bogged down by too much randomness and repetitiveness leading to so many unnecessary dead ends. If I were designing the game, I would have less loops but each individual loop would be more significant.

Thanks for all of the help from the people in this thread through, I never would have seen the end without your guidance; I likely would have just quit outright.

Kusagari

Oct 25, 2017
I cannot get the final SQ event to pop no matter what I do.

I know I have to be gnosia, but is there something beyond that? I keep playing as a gnosia and trying to keep her alive as long as possible every run and nothing is happening.

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017

I know I have to be gnosia, but is there something beyond that? I keep playing as a gnosia and trying to keep her alive as long as possible every run and nothing is happening.
You have to do something to make her suspicious of you. The easiest way to do this is lie about your role (especially if it's also her role).

Jave

Oct 30, 2017
Chile

I did it with these settings:
Crew: 15
Gnosia: 3
Your Role: Gnosia (Required)
Yes on Engineer and AC Follower
No on Doctor, Guard Duty, Guardian Angel and Bug

On the first or second night, SQ will ask you something and you need to go along, indicating the event has been initiated. This event requires at least three Day/Night cycles in one loop to complete. So if you're using a small crew it's probably not going to work.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
So, so close to the end now. The even searcher, once I FINALLY got it, was really useful...eventually.

Just Remnan's 5th to go. I've got some ideas of how to get it, though.

The event search is keeping me as a human with either three or four Gnosia onboard among 15 crew members. Do I need to lose to the Gnosia with Remnan as one? Or do I need to win with him alive? I tried the latter with only one Gnosia, but just got a normal ending so I don't think that's it. And the former is a pain because he's just a sucker for getting voted.

Halfstar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
So, so close to the end now. The even searcher, once I FINALLY got it, was really useful...eventually.

Just Remnan's 5th to go. I've got some ideas of how to get it, though.

The event search is keeping me as a human with either three or four Gnosia onboard among 15 crew members. Do I need to lose to the Gnosia with Remnan as one? Or do I need to win with him alive? I tried the latter with only one Gnosia, but just got a normal ending so I don't think that's it. And the former is a pain because he's just a sucker for getting voted.
It is not necessary to win or loose. You need to cover Remnan, watch two night events with him and choose the friendly dialogue option (you believe in him / like him).

THIJJ

Oct 26, 2017
Finished it!

I think I ended somewhere in the range of 140ish loops.

I enjoyed it quite a bit: Characters were fun, though not all that full of depth, art was fantastic, and the core gameplay loop was engaging.... at most times;

When there was momentum to the loops, it really was an engaging game but the downtime between the big moments with loop after loop of just trying to trigger note events definitely ran its course, ESPECIALLY towards the end. This is definitely a VN where I honestly don't know what they expected you to do if there was no Wiki available, and I always dock ones like this a couple points for that heavy obfuscation. It's frustrating.

I would've MUCH preferred if this game leaned more into the actual writing by fleshed out the characters A LOT, built in a more investigative element, and culminated in the vote sessions to end the day before the next loop. The Danganronpa or Ace Attorney format basically. I hear Raging Loop is more that, so I'm excited to get to that one as the next VN.

I had a feeling Setsu was going to sacrifice themselves for you once it was said what the key was as they never made any mention to their collecting information for their key. It was an ending i felt would've had more impact if there was more depth to everyone including your character, but it worked decently enough.

I did like the True Ending. 'Going to the next universe' to be with Setsu (for the last time?) was a cute way to wrap it all up. The bit with Manaan was not as interesting as it could've been as i feel like there was no discernable difference between actual SQ during convos and Manaan. Yet another area where actual conversations would've helped. SQ was kind of a piece of shit either way, is maybe what they were getting at. IDK. I also don't get their connection with Remnan. at all. And lol at Yuriko and Raqio just being there to be the dues ex machina machines

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really glad I went a bit further and read about the true ending requirements. Was happy to call it quits and think it ended on a concise if not brief touch, but the true ending really did wrap things all up.

Gnosia overall was a bit grindy, a bit repetitive and bit vague, but I had a ton of fun with it, its characters and its world. I don't know how well its structure will hold up in repeat playthroughs though. I guess I'll play it again in a year or two and find out.

RPG_Fanatic

Oct 25, 2017
I had a feeling Setsu was going to sacrifice themselves for you once it was said what the key was as they never made any mention to their collecting information for their key. It was an ending i felt would've had more impact if there was more depth to everyone including your character, but it worked decently enough.

I did like the True Ending. 'Going to the next universe' to be with Setsu (for the last time?) was a cute way to wrap it all up. The bit with Manaan was not as interesting as it could've been as i feel like there was no discernable difference between actual SQ during convos and Manaan. Yet another area where actual conversations would've helped. SQ was kind of a piece of shit either way, is maybe what they were getting at. IDK. I also don't get their connection with Remnan. at all. And lol at Yuriko and Raqio just being there to be the dues ex machina machines

My take on Remnan was that he used to be Manaan slave, and also sperm donor for her children. He escaped but his experiences with Manaan were traumatizing enough that he was always paranoid about being caught again.

I am glad I played this game. As people have said, the loops can get very repetitive when no events are happening, but I still got some satisfaction from figuring things out. I enjoyed learning about the characters, they all had interesting backgrounds and unique personalities.

I feel having played Xenosaga I showed have figured out what the Gnos were before being told their origin. I was blind sided by the truth behind the start of the loops. But learning about how Setsu started looping, it made so much sense why she was so helpful regardless of the roles you had throughout the whole game. I am glad there was a true ending where we not only got to see Setsu again, but got to see here put the knowledge she had gained to use to end the last loop cleanly. It was satisfying to see her appear on the title screen at the end.

Amaretto

Oct 27, 2017
For the event where Jonas needs to be eliminated / frozen for access to the Hangar, does Setsu need to be around, or can I continue to try get rid of Jonas even if Setsu is frozen or eliminated?

Xypher

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
For the event where Jonas needs to be eliminated / frozen for access to the Hangar, does Setsu need to be around, or can I continue to try get rid of Jonas even if Setsu is frozen or eliminated?
Setsu must be around, otherwise you get a message that you don't have clearance to check the storage.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
I got the event searcher after like loop...17? I must have gotten it way earlier than everyone else lol.
I don't think I got it that early, but I think I got it at 18 or 19, maybe 20 or 21, but really early on at least.
It's weird how hard it seems to fluctuate for people. I know this game has a lot of RNG and I don't know the specifics of what is needed to get the event searcher, but I believe I have seen people getting it only after their 30th or 40th loop or something like that. And that's a wild swing compared to how everything seems programmed in the beginning.

Herey

Unshakable Resolve
Jan 10, 2019
Beat the game with the true ending after ~ 120 loops.

Echoing a lot of thoughts in here, I thought it was good with some problems. Art and music was really strong, individual character stories were pretty interesting and it wrapped up nicely.
The original ending felt quite unsatisfactory so to see the full ending tie up loose ends for SQ and Kukrushka while fully ending the loop was nice. Dug the home screen changes afterwards to signify Setsu being free along with everyone else as well.
It did get repetitive, especially mid-to-late game, so I would've preferred the game be shorter with more condensed loops. And the AI could be frustrating at times.

Overall though, was a really solid game considering the small team. Would recommend, especially on sale.

Rover

Oct 25, 2017
I have a decent amount of experience with mafia/werewolf games in person and online, and I finally took the plunge on this game this week.

I'm about 30 loops in so far and I'm very impressed by what they've created here. Making a VN into a Werewolf sim is such a natural fit in terms of presenting a recurring cast of colorful characters. What's really clever is that they each have their own AI to pick apart, and how they interact with each other in the game is what really makes this feel more complex and 'alive'. I have only just started to get the hang of how to win at loops, but it's really interesting to have to study these bots' behavior a lot like you would in a real game.

It's also very interesting that there are other goals besides the game, and how you treat characters has a meta-game effect that unlocks story elements and pulls you deeper into the game.

You can tell the designers are huge fans of these types of games, and made a very clever sim. Can't wait to see how this unfolds.

Homura

▲ Legend ▲
Aug 20, 2019
Just got Stella's fifth note.
How can she not realize she is a Gnosia when it happens? Does LeVi like possess her body for the entire loop?

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
Just curious, do you guys mainly play with the default setting of 15 NPCs? Seems really crowded with everyone in. Is it wiser to play with less?

LiK

Oct 25, 2017
Went into this completely blind and beat it earlier this week. Loved it. Very fun and addictive and the discovered the
secret true ending
when I was looking up info about the devs. Made me love it more. I hope they consider a follow up. Really well made game.

MrMette

Oct 29, 2017
Belgium
Just curious, do you guys mainly play with the default setting of 15 NPCs? Seems really crowded with everyone in. Is it wiser to play with less?
I usually just play with whatever settings come up by pressing the event finder button and than stick with that setting until I win or when I am tired of playing on the same setting, but I am at a point where I can usually win within a couple of tries. I don't know exactly my loop number, but it is over 80, let's say 84 or so.

I prefer to play without the bug though since I tend to get screwed by them (but I won't turn them off if the event finder puts it there either).
I am ok with playing a 15 person run.

Having less people can make it more difficult as well. It depends on the roles. If you are early on, just be patient. The stats make a bigger difference than you can imagine and make it easier to win, the amount of players make less of a difference after a while. I do wish the XP need was tweaked a little lower though since it's getting really rough at this point in my game.

I have run with custom settings before I got the even finder. You can always tweak the setting to try and make it easier. I believe I did a couple of runs with 9 people and only 1 gnosia while I was engineer in the beginning, afterwards turning it up to 2 gnosia and maybe upping the person count a bit as well. I don't feel like there is any shame in doing that. They created those setting so you can put it on whatever you want.

Last edited:

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris

The game is made so that during a few loops you try to tinker with the settings but rather quickly the logical thing to do is to stick with recommended settings (I think it unlocks shortly afterwards?) which is what I did.

117 loops in, which includes 20 loops of grind using the 5 players/AC Follower method, probably close to the end as I only miss a few notes overall and most characters are filled, didn't have trouble nor needed help to unlock any so far.

Filled : Jonas, Kukrushka, SQ, Otome, Raqio, Stella, Chipie, Comet, Sha-Ming
Missing 1 : Gina, Shigemichi, Setsu, Yuriko, Remnan

I imagine Setsu and Yuriko are tied to the ending somehow.

Kensuke

Oct 25, 2017
Netherlands
The game is made so that during a few loops you try to tinker with the settings but rather quickly the logical thing to do is to stick with recommended settings (I think it unlocks shortly afterwards?) which is what I did.

117 loops in, which includes 20 loops of grind using the 5 players/AC Follower method, probably close to the end as I only miss a few notes overall and most characters are filled, didn't have trouble nor needed help to unlock any so far.

Filled : Jonas, Kukrushka, SQ, Otome, Raqio, Stella, Chipie, Comet, Sha-Ming
Missing 1 : Gina, Shigemichi, Setsu, Yuriko, Remnan

I imagine Setsu and Yuriko are tied to the ending somehow.
I usually just play with whatever settings come up by pressing the event finder button and than stick with that setting until I win or when I am tired of playing on the same setting, but I am at a point where I can usually win within a couple of tries. I don't know exactly my loop number, but it is over 80, let's say 84 or so.

I prefer to play without the bug though since I tend to get screwed by them (but I won't turn them off if the event finder puts it there either).
I am ok with playing a 15 person run.

Having less people can make it more difficult as well. It depends on the roles. If you are early on, just be patient. The stats make a bigger difference than you can imagine and make it easier to win, the amount of players make less of a difference after a while. I do wish the XP need was tweaked a little lower though since it's getting really rough at this point in my game.

I have run with custom settings before I got the even finder. You can always tweak the setting to try and make it easier. I believe I did a couple of runs with 9 people and only 1 gnosia while I was engineer in the beginning, afterwards turning it up to 2 gnosia and maybe upping the person count a bit as well. I don't feel like there is any shame in doing that. They created those setting so you can put it on whatever you want.

Thanks. I'm currently playing mostly with event finder, though I don't keep going on that loop if I lost but managed to unlock new info. What stats are you investing in? Currently having a tough time convincing others.

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
I'm mostly balanced but I used to put a bit more towards Intuition (to catch someone lying) then Stealth (to not be killed by Gnosia) and finally Charm (not be voted out after debates)

It did end up with some frustrating loops if either SQ, Otome and Kukrushka were Gnosia where I couldn't convince the others at all (I swear the skill "Regret" and just the sound of it is infuriating for me now, good thing I can use it myself now though)

Charisma is what you want to upgrade if you want to convince others, Performance and Logic are maybe the two stats that might be left lagging behind a little bit but even then they're useful (Performance mostly for lying as a Gnosia/Bug/Ac Follower, and Logic later on especially as you get the skill "Definite Human" or "Definite ennemy")

In the end loops can end up with you being voted out (need Stealth and Charm to avoid that), being killed by Gnosia (need Stealth), without you being able to vote out the proper characters (need Charisma, Logic might help) or... without you being able to understand anything (need Intuition to catch some lies, also to keep alive high level Intuition characters early on like Comet especially and Chipie, Remnan, Yuriko, Gina, and high Logic characters later on like Otome, Yuriko, Chipie, Raqio, later one... if they're not Gnosia/Bug/AC Follower obviously), the skill Definite Human with high intuition is rather efficient to get a good start though (better to use it in Day 1 or 2)

As a Gnosia, keeping low profile, high Performance, good Charm and killing the good persons should be enough.

EDIT : Oh there's an update available for the game, maybe some translation changes?

Mary Celeste

Oct 25, 2017
Damn I've tried to get this final SQ note a few times now and always gotten fucked over in some way. What a cruel challenge!

Fisico

Oct 27, 2017
Paris
Finished the game with credits & all after 145 loops, including 15 more of grinding that were most likely unnecessary.
I have to say I did needed to check for Remnan last note, only one I was missing and it needed for the player to use a command I rarely use if ever.

I have 28/30 commands so I might get back to it to complete it properly.

Need to process the ending a little bit and will check previous pages reading the spoilers this time :p

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
Just finished with true end.

10/10 for me, and will probably be fighting neck-and-neck with DGS/possible AA7 for GOTY for me.

I love The Resistance (and Werewolf) to a lesser extent. Covid + being the father of very young children has limited my ability to play said games. Gnosia does an amazing job of simulating this in a randomized way- I'm not sure it could be done much better. I was about ready to be done for the last 10ish loops (of 130) while missing just one note, but that's a minor quibble.

One thing I want to say: I see some people here- and moreso, some reviews popping up via google- that the game is too random. This is absolutely not the case. Are you going to lose some loops? Sure. In real life The Resistance/Werewolf, you can be a great player and lose plenty. I'd say my win record was much better here- probably ~75%. And that's because the game gives you a lot of tools. You can use logic to get you a long way as long as there are both Engineers and Doctors in the game. Even with just one + a bit of intuition, things can be unraveled. Barring that, voting records can also be very revealing.

And if you're falling short in some way, pump up the related stat. Charisma and Stealth are super important if you'd at least like to see the game to its end- I was very rarely killed or voted out.

Anyway- amazing stuff...will probably replay in several years, something I never do.