• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Poltergust

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
Regarding the SQ and Remnan thing, I think SQ needs to be Gnosia and Remnan needs to be human. Also, in order to even trigger the event that unlocks the entries for SQ and Remnan, you need to have Raqio alive (dunno if alignment matters) so you see a scene leading up to

Remnan asking the player to put SQ to cold sleep.

If you see that scene that includes Raqio once, you don't need to trigger it again, I don't think.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
The SQ Remnan thing for me got triggered by

SQ being Gnosia, Remnan being suspicious of her, having a scene in which he gets creeped out and says she reminds him of someone, and then it'll periodically remind you in any future Gnosia SQ/Human Remnan loops that he's scared of her (if she tries to collaborate with him). All you need to do is put her into cold sleep while Remnan is still around.

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
Finally finished the game, both endings. This sure was a wild ride, wasn't it? I definitely enjoyed the game and it does something unique, never seen in past games. I hope the developer gets more mone and recognition, developing an even bigger and better game next time.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
SQ must be human and player Gnosia. When SQ recognizes the player as Gnosia, she will talk to you at night and ask you to keep her alive until the end. I think it is triggered as soon as SQ recognizes a lie, so if you are Gnosia and SQ is human, try lying in a way that is not obvious, but someone could recognize with intuition, like faking a job.

Thanks a lot you peeps! Finished the game yesterday and enjoyed the ending, it certainly explains a CERTAIN event. There was something I didn't get:
The one ending with Comet's slime devouring most crewmates, what was up with that? Why did Jonas open up her pod?

Halfstar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks a lot you peeps! Finished the game yesterday and enjoyed the ending, it certainly explains a CERTAIN event. There was something I didn't get:
The one ending with Comet's slime devouring most crewmates, what was up with that? Why did Jonas open up her pod?
It wasn't explained why, but I think either he noticed something was wrong with Comet, or he wanted to steal the slime, which according to Comet's ending is worth a lot on the black market. Or Jonas was just a random weirdo like in every debate. And by ending, do you mean you reached the credits, or did you something after that?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
I have reached loop 93, and now I am struggling in
keeping Setsu alive, putting Jonas in cold sleep and defeating all Gnosia. That is a hard challenge to unlock the next piece of Crew Data.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I have reached loop 93, and now I am struggling in
keeping Setsu alive, putting Jonas in cold sleep and defeating all Gnosia. That is a hard challenge to unlock the next piece of Crew Data.
You could try making yourself guardian angel to protect Setsu (and restart until she's Guard Duty) and keep the number of Gnosia low.

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
You could try making yourself guardian angel to protect Setsu (and restart until she's Guard Duty) and keep the number of Gnosia low.
Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I will try to have only 10 crew members and 2 Gnosia, and I will reset until all the required people appear among the players of the loop.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice. Perhaps I will try to have only 10 crew members and 2 Gnosia, and I will reset until all the required people appear among the players of the loop.
Just make it 15 crew members, 1 Gnosia, and yourself as Guardian Angel. Activate Guard Duty too so you have more obvious targets other than yourself. Then just throw sus on Jonas until he gets put in cold sleep and keep Setsu alive.

dojo32161

Sep 4, 2019
Down to only needing one more character note. Unfortunately it's the Raqio one that requires keeping them alive to the end. It is... difficult to keep their ass out of the fire.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Been 10 loops without any new events, it's becoming tiring at this point...

Also no way to see older events? Maybe in post-game or something? I really want to select other answers to some events...

flowsnake

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got event search after 46 loops by
winning as Gnosia with Setsu.
Hopefully that helps anyone else stuck, since most people seem to get it by 30 or so.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Down to only needing one more character note. Unfortunately it's the Raqio one that requires keeping them alive to the end. It is... difficult to keep their ass out of the fire.
1 Gnosia, high number of crew, yourself as Guardian Angel, activate Doctor, Engineer, and Guard Duty. Have everyone come forward on day 1. Easiest way to keep a particular person alive till the end. If you cover for Raqio early and defend them when people throw sus on them you can probably keep them from pissing everyone else off and getting put in cold sleep long enough to find the one Gnosia.

Been 10 loops without any new events, it's becoming tiring at this point...

Also no way to see older events? Maybe in post-game or something? I really want to select other answers to some events...
There's a CG viewer you unlock after reaching the ending, it's a new option where you normally do respeccing (start a new loop as a Bug and talk to Yuriko on night one).

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA
There's a CG viewer you unlock after reaching the ending, it's a new option where you normally do respeccing (start a new loop as a Bug and talk to Yuriko on night one).
Do you know if alternate scenes
like instead of playing with Otome, you go watch a movie
are addressed retrospectively to this? Wish there was a 100% counter tbh.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know if alternate scenes
like instead of playing with Otome, you go watch a movie
are addressed retrospectively to this? Wish there was a 100% counter tbh.
They are not.

Finally got event search after 46 loops by
winning as Gnosia with Setsu.
Hopefully that helps anyone else stuck, since most people seem to get it by 30 or so.

Winning as Crew with Setsu alive will also trigger this.

You can get it by meeting either of those conditions after you're finished with the tutorial loops (after the Bug role is introduced).

makonero

Oct 27, 2017
i am on loop 103 and i

can no longer use the silver key. any hints? i keep playing but no more special events pop up.

MsMuerta

Nov 8, 2017
It wasn't explained why, but I think either he noticed something was wrong with Comet, or he wanted to steal the slime, which according to Comet's ending is worth a lot on the black market. Or Jonas was just a random weirdo like in every debate. And by ending, do you mean you reached the credits, or did you something after that?

Regarding the ending:

No problem, I did both ;)

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
i'm on loop 105 and i have no idea what to do aside trying different scenarios... the even search is useless right now... I try things that would trigger something between characters never lead to anything, i feel like i have the worst luck... I'm tempted to check a guide but i still want to figure it out myself

Also I wonder what would have happened if i said "i like you" to comet when we're both gnosia and winning, i just selected i was her henchman since it was what she was talking about, but it lead to nothing

Anyone who did it can tell me what happens?

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
I'm on my 12th loop and...does it get more interesting? Idk, so far it's been kinda same-y. I like the characters but it feels like it's already getting stale, and I'm hearing numbers like "165 loops" and it's scaring me.

MayorSquirtle

May 17, 2018
I'm on my 12th loop and...does it get more interesting? Idk, so far it's been kinda same-y. I like the characters but it feels like it's already getting stale, and I'm hearing numbers like "165 loops" and it's scaring me.
First 15ish loops are basically a tutorial to get you introduced to all the basic concepts. The games of werewolf will become more engaging as you unlock additional debate skills, raise your stats, and start getting an understanding for the characters and how they behave. You'll also start learning more about the characters and plot in semi-frequent drips.

If you have no interest whatsoever in the werewolf mechanics even once you're better at it and have the stats to strategize more efficiently, then getting all the events and reaching the ending will be a slog. If you start getting into the gameplay, the loops will fly by, for a while anyway.

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
The AI in this game makes this such a frustrating experience.

I was the only person who claimed engineer. No one ever doubted me. I knew the Gnosia for 3 rounds and kept saying hey we should vote for her. And every time they were like nah we don't have a reason to vote for her.

we lost

OP
OP

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe a sign of good sells, japanese devs tend to do that when they reached a milestone
the game has been selling really well in japan, it's been in the eshop chart consistently since release last year. i expect it to sell decently in the west as well due to good word of mouth.
we'll probably hear something once it reaches 500k worldwide.

Oct 25, 2017
Ughhh super annoyed at the game rn.

Yuriko challenged me to keep her safe till the end so she could tell me about Gnos. I kept up my end of the bargain, got her to the final 3 including myself. Then she kills me in the last night...

Tuxedotank

Jan 9, 2018

Yuriko challenged me to keep her safe till the end so she could tell me about Gnos. I kept up my end of the bargain, got her to the final 3 including myself. Then she kills me in the last night...
I know what you mean.
I just did that loop three times, because the first two times I got nothing from Yuriko after finishing the loop...because Setsu needs to survive the first round and didn't. I wish the game flagged these as "deviant loops" or something to know I failed a prereq.

Overall the story has picked up a lot since the beginning and I am digging these weirdos now.

KOfLegend

Jun 17, 2019
First 15ish loops are basically a tutorial to get you introduced to all the basic concepts. The games of werewolf will become more engaging as you unlock additional debate skills, raise your stats, and start getting an understanding for the characters and how they behave. You'll also start learning more about the characters and plot in semi-frequent drips.

If you have no interest whatsoever in the werewolf mechanics even once you're better at it and have the stats to strategize more efficiently, then getting all the events and reaching the ending will be a slog. If you start getting into the gameplay, the loops will fly by, for a while anyway.
I'll give it like, 20 more loops or so to see if it's for me or not. Thanks!

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
The AI in this game makes this such a frustrating experience.

I was the only person who claimed engineer. No one ever doubted me. I knew the Gnosia for 3 rounds and kept saying hey we should vote for her. And every time they were like nah we don't have a reason to vote for her.

we lost

Yeah I had a similar round. I was the engineer, nobody else pretended to claim it, but nobody used "definite human" or whatever on me so I still had someone doubting me/not pushing when I revealed gnosia.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, there's a way to search for the events which you've not unlocked yet? 64 loops in and I've just been using guesswork.

Timcanpies

Sep 17, 2020

Yo, this EXACT same thing happened to me too. I was quite annoyed too because now I can't get it to happen again :(

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Wait, there's a way to search for the events which you've not unlocked yet? 64 loops in and I've just been using guesswork.
I have an event search (got it in loop 18, apparently I'm lucky?). I don't know though if it finds any configurations that bring events, or just the configurations that bring events that haven' t been unlocked yet. Do you have any event search at all?

Dany1899

Dec 23, 2017
Just make it 15 crew members, 1 Gnosia, and yourself as Guardian Angel. Activate Guard Duty too so you have more obvious targets other than yourself. Then just throw sus on Jonas until he gets put in cold sleep and keep Setsu alive.
I followed your advice and I have just started a new loop now. In Turn 1, I threw a single "Doubt" on Jonas, he was put in Cold Sleep and.. he was also the only Gnosia. Loop ended, in a single turn. Amazing.

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
I have an event search (got it in loop 18, apparently I'm lucky?). I don't know though if it finds any configurations that bring events, or just the configurations that bring events that haven' t been unlocked yet. Do you have any event search at all?
Not from what I can see, no. Think my last update was the full setup menu. Would it be located in the data log, or only accessible at your room in-between days?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017
Not from what I can see, no. Think my last update was the full setup menu. Would it be located in the data log, or only accessible at your room in-between days?
It's in the screen where you select the loop roles (how many gnosia, what roles are present, your role etc). I don't have my Switch here, I think it is on the top right of that screen, you click on it and it changes the role configuration to one where there should be an event.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
I'm on loop 54 in Gnosia and good lord I am fucking awful at this game! I am terrible at these type of "find the imposter" puzzles and I am a terrible liar when I am the imposter lol.

I think I've won like, 3-4 times tops? Anyone got any tips for ways to make this easier? I've tried setting less members, fewer roles, highlighting specific roles and I feel like I'm just spinning in circles. Either the gnosia take the ship, I get attacked or I get put into cold sleep. Makes getting exp bloody impossible.

Level 60:
Charisma: 20
Intuition: 15
Logic: 20
Charm: 14
Performance: 15
Stealth: 10

Tarot Deck

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I'm on loop 54 in Gnosia and good lord I am fucking awful at this game! I am terrible at these type of "find the imposter" puzzles and I am a terrible liar when I am the imposter lol.

I think I've won like, 3-4 times tops? Anyone got any tips for ways to make this easier? I've tried setting less members, fewer roles, highlighting specific roles and I feel like I'm just spinning in circles. Either the gnosia take the ship, I get attacked or I get put into cold sleep. Makes getting exp bloody impossible.

Level 60:

Sometimes is better to do nothing, than to act. Just watch how other characters act and you can pick somethings.

Also pay attention to the other characters strength so you can act accordingly. Check the DATA menu.

Increase stealth a bit if you are getting caught too often

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

Level 60:
Do you from time to time reach events that give you extra abilities/commands (that will be active depending on the point level of a certain characteristic)? (Do you have event search?) Also increasing stealth will make you less of a target, increasing intuition will increase your ability to detect lies + important related abilities. I am only in loop 22 (playing only several loops a day in one run) so can't help much more, sorry.

Last edited:

Shift Breaker

Oct 25, 2017
It's in the screen where you select the loop roles (how many gnosia, what roles are present, your role etc). I don't have my Switch here, I think it is on the top right of that screen, you click on it and it changes the role configuration to one where there should be an event.
Ah, nope, nothing there. Guess I'll keep trying. Looks like keeping Setsu and myself alive is the key based on what other people have said in the topic, no idea how I've managed to get nearly 70 loops in without that happening. Poor luck on my part, I guess. Getting enough events to keep me by though, and I took a bit of time to get some EXP by limiting it to 5 people and having myself as the bug.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
Do you from time to time reach events that give you extra abilities/commands (that will be active depending on the point level of a certain characteristic)? (Do you have event search?) Also increasing stealth will make you less of a target, increasing intuition will increase your ability to detect lies + important related abilities. I am only in loop 22 (playing only several loops a day in one run) so can't help much more, sorry.

I do get those events but I'm nowhere near a high enough level. DX

And I just unlocked something called Event Search? Took 57 loops and apparently it gave it to me because I got it on the first try and there were no Bugs?

Pooroomoo

Oct 28, 2017

And I just unlocked something called Event Search? Took 57 loops and apparently it gave it to me because I got it on the first try and there were no Bugs?
I don't remember what the conditions are for event search but I also got it. It finds for you combinations of roles where you get events that should advance things.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017

My suggestion now would be for you to use the event search and hit X until it gives you the Guard Duty role and do some rounds that way. Having that role builds you in an alibi as long as you make sure to state it is your role. While you can still be attacked by Gnosia, you have more freedom to doubt others during the meetings.

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
My suggestion now would be for you to use the event search and hit X until it gives you the Guard Duty role and do some rounds that way. Having that role builds you in an alibi as long as you make sure to state it is your role. While you can still be attacked by Gnosia, you have more freedom to doubt others during the meetings.

I'll give that a try.

Meanwhile I've seen a certain Gina event 3 times now that goes nowhere.

This ship...
May pass through the Allacosia system.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Been a while since i didn't reach any new abilities, despite the fact that a lot of characters are using them

I'll give that a try.

Meanwhile I've seen a certain Gina event 3 times now that goes nowhere.

This ship...
May pass through the Allacosia system.

i just got the answer to that event like an hour ago

Basically, You need to be human, Gina needs to be gnosia, and she need to be the last surviving gnosia, and the event should happens (not sure if the days matter or not)

Oct 25, 2017
Wakayama
Been a while since i didn't reach any new abilities, despite the fact that a lot of characters are using them

i just got the answer to that event like an hour ago

Basically, You need to be human, Gina needs to be gnosia, and she need to be the last surviving gnosia, and the event should happens (not sure if the days matter or not)

Aaaaaah thank you! I'll remember that if it prompts me again with this event!