• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

Link
Actor Lachlan Watson (They/Them) who played the character Theo in Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is going to be portraying both Glen and Glenda in season 2 of Chucky.

Glen and Glenda were the child of Chucky and Tiffany in Seed of Chucky who had a crisis of gender identity due to expectations from their parents, Chucky described them in season 1 as Genderfluid. I think one of the endings of the films showed that Glen and Glenda were split into a male and female child's bodies.

Also yall should watch Chucky Season 1 it was fantastic.

This is inspired casting honestly, they really look the part

Shroki

Oct 27, 2017
They look exactly like the doll became human and aged to 20.

Perfect casting.

adj_noun

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
glenreturnsincultfb.jpg

For reference when folks say they match the doll

It really is a good fit.

Dabanton

Oct 27, 2017
Simply put one of the more surprisingly good shows last year.

Very inventive and very witty and a show not afraid to kill kids or showcase LGBTQI characters.

Hyped for season 2

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
Watched Series 1 at the weekend and really enjoyed it. I'd heard good things but it was still much better than I expected. Really looking forward to S2.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
That's some damn good casting.
They're truly bringing everything and everyone from the cannon into the show. wow.

OneTrueJack

Aug 30, 2020
I really love that Chucky as a franchise cares so much about its continuity, even with its least popular entry. Horror franchises always have such loose continuity and rarely engage in long-form storytelling, yet here's Chucky. Thirty years on and still developing the same narrative threads. Nothing gets forgotten or ignored and everything comes back.

And yeah, the casting here is perfect. Do we think Glen and Glenda will be two people or one?

OP
OP
Razmos

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I really love that Chucky as a franchise cares so much about its continuity, even with its least popular entry. Horror franchises always have such loose continuity and rarely engage in long-form storytelling, yet here's Chucky. Thirty years on and still developing the same narrative threads. Nothing gets forgotten or ignored and everything comes back.

And yeah, the casting here is perfect. Do we think Glen and Glenda will be two people or one?
I think two people since they were put in seperate vessels, if they were twin vessels it makes sense that they would be portrayed by the same actor

AwShucks

Oct 27, 2017
Hell yeah! I watched Bride and Seed for the first time last year before the show started and really enjoyed them both. They were the only ones I hadn't seen at the time. I love how much the show is connected to all of the movie series.

Oct 27, 2017
After watching S1, I did a rewatch of the entire series and was surprised with how well the overall story was constructed. Sure, 3 is kind of a dud, but the rest of the series does something interesting with each entry. For folks new to the series, DO NOT sleep on Curse of Chucky or Cult of Chucky. These are really fun movies that do a lot with a limited budget and play directly into the TV series in really interesting ways.

Last we saw them in Seed of Chucky, Glen and Glenda were two separate humans. It's heavily implied that Glenda is "evil" and Glen is "good."

jdmc13

Mar 14, 2019

My bet: they start as two and end up as one again. Glen/Glenda were very clearly struggling as one person, and splitting them was kinda a cop out. Having them come to terms with their nonbinary nature rather than split again would be most in line with how the show has handled queer issues so far.

Nov 8, 2017
Sad I waited so long to get into the Chucky series, every single entry is at least watchable and most of them are good or great.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nice, I really liked them in Sabrina, and even with missteps here and there the show tried hard, and they sold the character. As a trans person, even though I am a binary transgender female, I think it's just as important to show and have representation for the non-binary members of our community. Glad they got a new role, and in one of my favorite franchises no less.

timedesk

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome casting. I wasn't a huge fan of Sabrina as a show but they did a good job with what they were given. I think they will do a great job here. Chucky season one was such a surprise for me last year. I only watched the first episode because it was put up for free online, but it was great and inspired me to watch more of the franchise.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
So hyped for this. Season one of Chucky was one of the standout pieces of media from last year. I do hope Nica gets a happy ending though. She's been through a lot. Also hope to see more Fiona playing a young Charles.

Zero315

Oct 25, 2017
Not gonna lie, I was hoping they'd leave the Seed stuff alone since it's by far my least favorite of the series. They got a good actor though, so I'm down to see what they do with the characters.