• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
Gleamlight_12-10-19.jpg

Surprised nobody made a thread for this yet. I saw some people writing it off as a Hollow Knight clone but the stained glass visual style is enough to separate it from HK. Comparing it to Enchanted Portals is ridiculous.

Screenshots at the Gematsu article: https://gematsu.com/2019/12/d3-publisher-and-dico-announce-gleamlight-for-switch

Syntsui

Oct 25, 2017
Calling it a clone is an understatement, I'm excited and turned off at the same time.

balgajo

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The video they showed seemed like a HK ripoff. Even the basic animations.
Reminded of that Zelda clone Midora.

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason that entire time I didn't catch the Hollow Knight vibes because I was so concentrated on the "become a sword" part and wondering when they'll show that.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
this was so grossly a rip-off. i can't believe nintendo didn't clock it and featured the game. the art style, level designs, combat, everything is 100% ripped off from hollow knight. very trashy move from the devs.

OP
OP
Velezcora

Velezcora

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 16, 2017
this was so grossly a rip-off. i can't believe nintendo didn't clock it and featured the game. the art style, level designs, combat, everything is 100% ripped off from hollow knight. very trashy move from the devs.

Again the art style seems more influenced by stained glass. The animations are very HK but to call it a complete rip off is disingenuous.

TheBiInBilingual

THE STORE ENSURED ME THERE WOULDN'T BE FILM
Feb 22, 2018
Not trying to be too hostile but I kind of hope Silksong releases close to it so everyone just forgets about this blatant rip-off

Dyle

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I can see the Hollow Knight comparison with the sword action but the visuals look very sharp, pun intended. It makes a pretty big difference compared to the soft, smooth visual style that appeared in Hollow Knight. I'm into it despite the weak animation

Oct 25, 2017
That said, willing to see more. Unlike that Cuphead clone Kickstarter I can at least see an inherent difference that can set it apart from Hollow Knight.

lightning16

May 17, 2019
Yeah I'm very torn on this game because the similarities to Hollow Knight are way too ridiculous to ignore, but I also think it looks fun and I want to play it lol.

BlueManifest

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Combat doesn't look like it has much impact from the trailer after watching it again hope they improve that

rawhide

Oct 28, 2017
I'm reminded of the time Ubisoft got one of the zillion subcontractors on SSB Brawl to make a Smash clone with TMNT characters and hyped it as being made by "the makers of Smash Bros."--it's not a lie but it sure is a big load o'bullshit.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even notice how similar it is during the Indie World trailer. But now that I look again with Hollow Knight in mind.... WOW.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018
So long as it turns out good I don't care if it took an excessive amount of inspiration from one of the greatest games this generation. That said it's definitely a wait and see kind of game.