• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

less

Oct 25, 2017
Unbreakable + Split are damn fine movies and a worthy sequel would be the cherry topping it off and make for a really cement that he is back on "track".

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I fear this is going to suck. A poster on here said they held a test screening and it didn't go well.

shinobi602

Verified
Oct 24, 2017
Can't wait, really hope it's a home run. Trailers have looked great and Shayamalan's been way more hit than miss so I'm excited.

MizneyWorld

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Nice to have M Night back. Enjoyed The Visit and loved that we are diving back into the Unbreakable universe.

He just needs to avoid crawling up his own ass so we don't get a repeat of The Happening.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Coming out so soon. Man I've avoided any news about this accidentally.

Watched split for the first time last week, loved it.

Unbreakable was so so

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm expecting a twist so much it would be disappointing if there was no twist.
"So... we heard you're forming a team."

qZvhis3mRjllfoil5ifilfq.jpg

Deleted member 32374

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 10, 2017
I fear this is going to suck. A poster on here said they held a test screening and it didn't go well.

Yes I saw that as well.

I'm almost at the point where I don't want to film to come out so unbreakable can stand as my GOTY comic book movie unsullied. Plus, I've been following a really great fanfiction story about unbreakable, split and the glass trailers so.... (Yes I read fanfiction)

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thought Split was wildly overrated and Unbreakable was a 'just about Ok' movie from near 20 years ago. Not sure what there is to be that excited about.

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I've taken a retroactive interest in M. Night Shyamalan after watching an interview he did with Norm McDonald. Seems like a very genuine and earnest filmmaker. I know not all his movies are good but he's proud of his work. It speaks to me.

My favorite movie of his was Devil, I think, but that was also the last one I saw.

DMVfan123

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
People think that Glass looks bad from trailers? All I've heard on this site is praise from them
Still need to watch Unbreakable+Split

I've taken a retroactive interest in M. Night Shyamalan after watching an interview he did with Norm McDonald. Seems like a very genuine and earnest filmmaker. I know not all his movies are good but he's proud of his work. It speaks to me.

My favorite movie of his was Devil, I think, but that was also the last one I saw.

Lol and he just wrote the story for that not even the script.

Oct 28, 2017
California
Unbreakable was great and Split was just ok (but goddamn was McAvoy great in it), and me and brother are hyped for Glass.

Crazy how it's been over 18 years since we both went together to go see Unbreakable, and now in January we're both going to see Glass.

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Really cool article on Night. I didn't know he was self financing Glass.

He doubled down, self-funding his next movie, Split, as well, spending $9 million this time and yielding a much bigger hit in the process; it grossed nearly $280 million worldwide.

Shyamalan tripled down for Glass, again funding it himself with his earnings from the past two movies, not to mention collateral from his property. One report has the budget at $20 million. "How stupid am I?" he says, smiling. "I'm going to Vegas and keep going, 'I won that hand. Put it all again.' Next hand, 'Put it all again.' My house right now is completely encumbered by this movie. . . . I'll be sleeping on your couch, dude, if it doesn't go well in January."

https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/movie-features/m-night-shyamalan-glass-interview-771063/