• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

apocat

Oct 27, 2017
858dc089-66d1-43db-a32j94.jpeg

So it's that time of the year again. Sweden is celebrating the summer solstice with the annual holiday of midsommar. I know there was a somewhat successful documentary depicting our traditional festivities released recently, though I haven't seen it yet myself. Funny thing that a horror director would transition to that kind of material, but whatever.

Celebrations won't be as usual this year, of course, but that won't supress the spirit of the holiday! How will you celebrate this year?

Is there any members outside of Sweden who will partake in some way? Everybody, regardless of nationality, is welcome to join in in the festivities in their own way, to what extent they feel appropriate. The more the merrier!

Fritz

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone else feeling depressed by summer solstice every year. Although summer's only beginning it feels like that's the point where we are heading towards winter again.

Wish we had midsommar over here too to at least have something nice associated to it.

hobblygobbly

Oct 25, 2017
NORDFRIESLAND, DEUTSCHLAND
we doing a bonfire later in germany among our friends circle, dancing, etc

but it's just a small private one

the big bonfire gatherings this year are not allowed of course

Anyone else feeling depressed by summer solstice every year. Although summer's only beginning it feels like that's the point where we are heading towards winter again.

Wish we had midsommar over here too to at least have something nice associated to it.

we do :) but in the south mostly. schwaben. lots of Alamanni traditions still kept alive in many parts of BW/BY

usually lots of activities around black forest, including towns/cities nearby like Freiburg or Pforzheim

Last edited:

Martinski

Jan 15, 2019
Göteborg

I will be celebrating with playing Tlou2 and also some champagne in the evening. I 'celebrated' yesterday with some G&T, spa bubble bath and also some grilling with my parents.

DIE BART DIE

Oct 25, 2017
My childhood hometown in the UK has something similar, where a well is dressed with flowers and there is much merriment. Peak white people.

21060-0.jpg

13446011_f520.jpg

endon-2.jpg

Frodo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, you guys are trying hard to make me watch Midsommar again!

Not that I'm mad to watch more Florence Pugh, because she is amazing.

hjort

Nov 9, 2017
I don't even really celebrate midsommar on account of me being a boring piece of shit, I just had some herring and potatoes and went for a walk in the sun. But glad midsommar!

Deer

Oct 29, 2017
Sweden
💐💐💐 Hyvää juhannusta! Glad midsommar! 💐💐💐

Great midsommar weather in Gothenburg right now.
Hahaha! I love it.

It seemed for so long the rain wouldn't come until Saturday, but no.. Gothenburg keeping it traditional!

The soundtrack for Midsommar is gorgeous btw, I have it as my soundtrack for the day.
Thank you Ari Aster for perfectly depicting our northern customs

AMAZING

jwk94

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, midsommar is an actual thing? So assuming the movie embellished, what is the actual holiday?

David Kjellson

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
💐💐💐 Hyvää juhannusta! Glad midsommar! 💐💐💐

Hahaha! I love it.

It seemed for so long the rain wouldn't come until Saturday, but no.. Gothenburg keeping it traditional!
I got a picture from my sister in our summer house in Linköping with flawless summer weather and I debated for myself if I would go there or stay in Gothenburg with friends. Big mistake.

AliceAmber

Drive-in Mutant
Administrator
May 2, 2018
Happy Midsommar! I'm going to try to at least take a walk outside. Not getting enough fresh air lately.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Nice try, OP.

You think you feed me period blood and put me in a hollowed out bear?!

Lulu

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Was hoping to visit Sweden for the first time this summer, during Midsommar but Corona and all that.

Glad Midsommar

netguy503

Nov 15, 2017
This guy will forever be the Chris Pratt stunt double in my eyes.

say what? When was he Chris Pratt's stunt double?

www.youtube.com

midsommar trailer but it's a feel good romantic comedy

DO U FEEL HELD BY HIM?extra sound effects:https://freesound.org/people/FillSoko/sounds/456087/https://freesound.org/people/Eelke/sounds/266665/--------------...

also the bluray is on sale for $7 on amazon. snagged it for a rewatch (yes i know its on prime but things get taken off all the time and I wanted to support the film). https://www.amazon.com/Midsommar-Bl...ag=bluray-030-20&linkCode=xm2&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Last edited: