• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It's pretty wild to me. Gina was good friends with Pedro, Katee, Ming-Na Wen, and Sasha. They've shown support for her in stuff related to The Mandalorian, and now she's liking tweets like this.

family-no-more.jpg

She was also close with Jon Favreau, and in the first season behind-the-scenes doc there's a whole part of an episode on how he pushed to have Carano in and wanted someone like her for girls to look up to and how he helped her get comfortable with everyone else.

If anyone's gotta be feeling betrayed it's him, especially as a Jewish man.

Last edited:

Dennie Dee

Oct 26, 2017
Bruges, Belgium
He got "famous" as a part of the Magic The Gathering Community for essentially tormenting a female cosplayer for having the gall to be a part of HIS community and was banned from playing the game for life by the publishers.

He makes like eight videos a day where he just hates on women and minorities in entertainment and SJWS!!!*#&$ He also makes up weird lies like he has three gay fathers (two of which are black) and when he quits Twitter, he "hired" a single mother to run his Account which actually turned out to just be him pretending to be a single mother.

He's fucked.
Woof. Rightfully so.

Sounds like a real charmer.
Thanks for elaborating!

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where the article comes from but apparently Gina was asked by Disney/LF to issue an apology in their wording but she declined so she could do her own. LF then excluded her from all S2 press work. Mind you, this comes from her directly so...

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Found the interview. It's posted on Bari Weiss' website with a link on her Twitter if anyone wants to read it. I'm not linking it here for obvious reasons

Ariakon44

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2020
Found the interview. It's posted on Bari Weiss' website with a link on her Twitter if anyone wants to read it. I'm not linking it here for obvious reasons

Oh Jesus, haha. This all feels like a parody of right-wing and centrist "cancel culture" types written by a left-leaning author at this point.

ConVito

Oct 16, 2018
Not sure where the article comes from but apparently Gina was asked by Disney/LF to issue an apology in their wording but she declined so she could do her own. LF then excluded her from all S2 press work. Mind you, this comes from her directly so...

I challenge her to find literally ONE FUCKING PERSON who was "forced" to put pronouns in their bio.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Behind Disney’s Firing of ‘Mandalorian’ Star Gina Carano

The ouster of Gina Carano from the Star Wars show draws the ire of the political right-wing and marks an inflection point for Lucasfilm, whose star was warned repeatedly about her social posts.

In a nutshell, she fucked around and found out after being warned repeatedly about social media.

Interesting. The article thinks she'll be recast.

It *would* be kinda hilarious if they did a special edition that replaced old Cara with new Cara in the older episodes too.

AnimaRize

Banned
Nov 7, 2020
www.hollywoodreporter.com

Behind Disney’s Firing of ‘Mandalorian’ Star Gina Carano

The ouster of Gina Carano from the Star Wars show draws the ire of the political right-wing and marks an inflection point for Lucasfilm, whose star was warned repeatedly about her social posts.

In a nutshell, she fucked around and found out after being warned repeatedly about social media.
again al she had to do was shut up on social media until her meal ticket came in, then she could spout all the nonsense she wanted that's all she had to do

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018
Lmaoooooooo I wonder who?

That quote feel kinda non-indicative of particulars. Like, is it someone who's already left leaning covering their bases more than they would otherwise? Someone right leaning who's lying for clout/career? Someone who just wants to be seen as not "hello fellow kids" and just riding progressive causes thinking that's how they'll be popular with gen Z?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Interesting. The article thinks she'll be recast.

It *would* be kinda hilarious if they did a special edition that replaced old Cara with new Cara in the older episodes too.
I'm for a recast. The character would HATE the views her actress represented. No need to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

"the abuse of the mob"

Good lord, that woman needs some actual adversity in her life.

The Lord of Cereal

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Jan 9, 2020

Assuming what she's saying is true (which is a pretty big if) that tells me that she was 'fired' (as in they just were not going to ask her to return or anything) when she refused to apologize on their terms and that Lucasfilm was probably hoping they could just quietly sever ties without needing to make a statement that she was fired, hence the wording in the statement issued to io9 and why they waited so long to actually announce that she was fired because they knew that the right and many bigots would be whiny lil bitches

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how reliable these guys are as insiders, but apparently her character won't die on the way back to her home planet.

Compbros

Oct 30, 2017
Can someone tell me what's up with The Quartering?

I think I saw 1 video of him talking about something... Most of it coming directly out of his ass.

I had legit never heard of him before Bobvids, one of my fav Youtubers, did a video on one of Quartings more famous "women and SJW sucks" videos. It's one of my fav vids now and I watch it at least once a week.

Long story short on the video. A women gave Days Gone a 5, Quartering says the review is terrible and just makes things up or poorly interprets them and says that the game deserved about a 7. Come to find out that Quartering never even played the game but did an entire "expose:" on a review for it.