• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 26, 2017
giphy.gif

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
Imagine being a mediocre actor and losing out on the gig of a lifetime just to own the libs.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Why is there so much talk of recasting? They can easily just ignore the character and nothing will be affected. She was such a nothingburger that added nothing to the show or universe.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
I don't understand why it's so hard to just shut the fuck up and secure the bag.

This type of scenario is one of the few where you dont want them to shut up so they can self desctruct and out themselves to the world. One of the reasons I still tolerate social media cause these bigots just cant keep their mouth shut.

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the Lucasfilm statement didn't even mention her transphobia, support for Q anon white terrorism, her anti-mask/vax sentiments, or her derision of BLM.

The ONLY reason she got fired was that Disney's acceptance of her views made her feel untouchable enough to post anti-Semitic bs too. It doesn't change the fact that Disney gave her and all of their employees a free pass to continue as is. They would have happily made her headlines for that new Rangers show if she continued

Current reporting by the Hollywood Reporter suggests they have been trying to find a tangible reason to fire her for months. Its possible prior tweets weren't enough to break her contract (still not a good look) and she could have sued.

So this was at least something they were working towards.

Tavernade

Tavernade
Sep 18, 2018

This makes me wonder what's going on with the writing of Mando. If they were looking for an excuse to fire her and 'just' found it, did the writers already know not to include her in scripts? I assume after the Rangers note they'd have known, I guess.

Wait, is this a reaction to something she said in the last few days (that I missed) or is it the conclusion from her stupid tweets some time ago?

Seems to be both. They were content not acknowledging her but she pushed it far enough they released a statement making it official.

Worth noting that Mando S2 was written before S1 even aired, so they were likely limited in what they could do there.

Bentendo24

Feb 20, 2020
Jesus finally. I can actually enjoy the show going forward knowing she's gone now. She really tainted everything about it for me

Now when I see her scenes I can laugh

Tobor

Oct 25, 2017
Richmond, VA
Putting aside how much of a shit head she is for a moment.

Who watched her non-performance in two seasons of Mando and said "I want more of that please!"?

C J P

Jul 28, 2020
London
Not to rain on everyone's parade, but the Lucasfilm statement didn't even mention her transphobia, support for Q anon white terrorism, her anti-mask/vax sentiments, or her derision of BLM.

The ONLY reason she got fired was that Disney's acceptance of her views made her feel untouchable enough to post anti-Semitic bs too. It doesn't change the fact that Disney gave her and all of their employees a free pass to continue as is. They would have happily made her headlines for that new Rangers show if she continued

The Lucasfilm statement was bland and anodyne and self interested and that's expected, you know, they're an evil corporation and they're only doing this grudgingly. That they can be hassled into firing bigots is very encouraging though.

Lucas M. Thomas

Editor-in-Chief of Nintendo Force Magazine
Verified
Oct 30, 2017
Kentucky
Why is there so much talk of recasting? They can easily just ignore the character and nothing will be affected. She was such a nothingburger that added nothing to the show or universe.

Exactly. There's no reason why Cara as a character needs to continue. Heck, storywise it wouldn't even make much sense for Din to keep hanging out with her. He'll be rolling with Bo-Katan and her crew going forward, I'd wager.

buttzilla

Sep 9, 2020
I wonder what this means with Letitia Wright, who listened to her peers when they told her to shut the heck up.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Nah seems she was fired a while ago