• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
How's that one country that switched to bitcoin or whatever doing now?

I'm glad it's tanking though. I have a tiny bit of money in crypto as like a lottery what-if thing but I wouldn't be sad to lose that if it also fucked over all the cryto bros and made it go away forever. Losing my investment is definitely worth never hearing about crypto or NFTs again.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
Crypto bros during the bull-run: "Centralized exchanges like Celsius/Coinbase/whatever are great because they lower the barrier to entry and help with mass adoption of crypto!"

Crypto bros now: "This wasn't *really* DeFi. You should have known the risks from using a centralized exchange. Not your keys, not your coins!"

Jan 4, 2021
Crypto bro convinced me to try bitcoin awhile back, put $500 in, was stoked in the first couple months as I made 20% back. Now it's at $230 worth lol. It was yolo money anyway. Now my actual stocks that are down 27%, not too pleased

jaymzi

Jul 22, 2019
But some people on Era told me it was an easy way to triple your money in a short amount of time by buying the dip earlier this year.

MrCibb

Dec 12, 2018
UK
It's funny that a lot of these cunts are getting fucked over in a way they've previously argued couldn't happen.

TripaSeca

Oct 27, 2017
São Paulo
Wait, isn't it the ONE THING they kept bragging on it would be impossible?

Lol bunch of idiots

Sorry for the innocent people that fell for this scam because of the insistence of these morons.

Ambient

Dec 23, 2017
I got out at a good time but now wondering how low it will go and if I should buy back in…

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
I like that they would just pile on anyone who was saying be careful or questioning the virtues/values of crypto and now they want all the sympathy. Nah man, it's roastin time.

Alternade

Oct 27, 2017
So these people are basically fucked right? This "bank" has no obligation to actually honor their withdrawals as their money isn't protected at all?

This is all very wild to me as im not a finance bro but invest a lil here and there. Is there nothing in the fine print to save them?

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
So these people are basically fucked right? This "bank" has no obligation to actually honor their withdrawals as their money isn't protected at all?

This is all very wild to me as im not a finance bro but invest a lil here and there. Is there nothing in the fine print to save them?
No, they're completely at the mercy of the company and have little in the way of legal recourse.

The lack of government regulation is part of the value proposition of crypto, so don't feel bad for them; it's what they wanted.

Oct 25, 2017
All those "bought the dip" tweets, oof.
Fun fact is that if BTC goes down to around $21k, Microstrategy will be forced to liquidate an insane number of tokens, which will make it crash further. Which would probably force them to liquidate more tokens, which will make it crash further.

Michael Saylor (MicroStrategy) Portfolio Tracker

A website tracking the amount of bitcoin (and value in USD) owned by Michael Saylor (read: MicroStrategy).

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
No your keys, not your cheese. Hopefully, the news about Coinbase and its TOS update, Celsius imploding (which bitcoiners like Cory Klippsten have been warning about for a year), and Binance freezing withdrawals yet again will impart this lesson. Btw, when it comes to bitcoin, there are non-KYC platforms where you can buy/sell/lend P2P. These platforms are Bisq, hodlhodl, and RoboSats. There are videos on how to use them on YouTube. Look them up (BTC Sessions channel is an excellent source). Centralized exchanges are not needed.

VoxPop

Oct 30, 2017
This is why you keep your crypto in a hardware wallet. My portfolio for crypto and non crypto have been absolutely obliterated though. At this rate, I'm not even going to have anything to take out.

qaopjlll

Oct 27, 2017
The $100 I invested in Safemoon last October is now worth $1.98 😛

Somebody help me figure out how to withdraw the remaining funds from my TrustWallet so that I can write this off on my next tax return lol

Dr. Feel Good

Oct 25, 2017
Fun fact is that if BTC goes down to around $21k, Microstrategy will be forced to liquidate an insane number of tokens, which will make it crash further. Which would probably force them to liquidate more tokens, which will make it crash further.

A website tracking the amount of bitcoin (and value in USD) owned by Michael Saylor (read: MicroStrategy).

I mean his portfolio represents ~.5% of the total market cap. Their sell-off/collapse probably wouldn't do that much.

GYODX

Oct 27, 2017
No your keys, not your cheese. Hopefully, the news about Coinbase and its TOS update, Celsius imploding (which bitcoiners like Cory Klippsten have been warning about for a year), and Binance freezing withdrawals yet again will impart this lesson. Btw, when it comes to bitcoin, there are non-KYC platforms where you can buy and sell P2P. These platforms are Bisq, hodlhodl, and RoboSats. There are videos on how to use them on YouTube. Look them up. Centralized exchanges are not needed.
Now you're back at the problem of "how do we make crypto accesible to the general population?"

There was a reason practically everybody (including on Era and even the community thread) recommended that people new to crypto start off with the centralized exchanges. This was back during the bull run when times were good, of course. Now we're in the "this is your own fault, you really should have known better" stage of the cycle.

Oct 27, 2017

No. He has a leveraged position with Silvergate bank for a certain small (I think 10% or so) amount of his position. At 21k he'll get a margin call to add more BTC as collateral (which he already has, as he only used 10% or so for the margin).

He says his actual liquidation price would be around $3k but eh...yeah. I don't really see in what universe he wouldn't have bailed/been forced to bail on his position LONG before then.

lorddarkflare

Oct 25, 2017
jay-z-yikes.gif

Is this intentional? Because it hilariously works on two levels given the news about Jay Z and Jack Dorsey's collab to try to trick poor people to get into Crypto.

Lv99 Slacker

Oct 27, 2017
Now you're back at the problem of "how do we make crypto accesible to the general population?"

There was a reason practically everybody (including on Era and even the community thread) recommended that people new to crypto start off with the centralized exchanges. This was back during the bull run when times were good, of course. Now we're in the "this is your own fault, you really should have known better" stage of the cycle.
I deleted my Coinbase account a few days ago, but I agree. This is a lesson that some people learn down the line as they spend more time in this space. It's especially a lesson that some people will only finally take heed of when the overall market crashes really hard. I didn't even know about these non-KYC platforms till late last year. Like most Americans, 2021 was the year I dived into crypto.
If crypto is crashing
who is gonna pay money for the bitcoins people are selling?
Me.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
If crypto is crashing
who is gonna pay money for the bitcoins people are selling?
Pay money? Didn't you hear? Cryptocurrencies are legit currencies just like the dollar, the euro, the peso, you name it. The concept of "cashing out" doesn't really fit when they're holding cash themselves. Unless, of course, crypto is just a speculative asset at the end of the day.

Which would be CRAZY.

Bonezz

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Pennsylvania
Here's to hoping it crashes even further. Hard for me to be sympathetic after crypto completely fucked and destroyed the GPU market for two years.

New Donker

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I'm assuming people that buy the "dip" maybe? I dunno. Dummies either way though lol

In the FuckJerry News comments section on Instagram (which hosts a lot of shit heads) there's lots of posts saying "actually this is good buy the dip!"

Rofl yeah sure thing bud. I'll hold that bag for you

Status
Not open for further replies.