• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Scratching that Itch.io http://bit.ly/ItchERA
Oct 25, 2017
The Monster Hunter Character would be a great fit and could have cool mechanics with traps and different weapon styles.

tokyostomp

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's probably a stretch but i'd like to see Tracer from Overwatch. With the game coming to Switch it'd be a awesome cross promotion.

But if I had to venture a real guest i'd have to say as weird as Nintendo is, I can see them totally adding Goku as a character. It'd be a thing they could do and it would make the fans go crazy

oatmeal

Oct 30, 2017
Oh wow my son would love this.

I want to see Microsoft and Nintendo go all in with Master Chief. That would be so awesome.

JCal

Oct 27, 2017
Los Alfheim
How very nice of you!

For the fifth DLC character I'd like to see Ninja Gaiden himself, Ryu Hayabusa. I think it's a good pick and a very reasonable one.

zzz

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome & generous contest.

There are a lot of characters I'd love to see, but I'm leaning toward fighting game crossovers. Someone from MK, Tekken, Killer Instinct, Virtua Fighter, Soul Calibur.

Given that group of rosters, I'll have to go with Scorpion. Some work will have to be done to adapt him to the game's tone, but SF vs MK vs FF feels like a good way to follow up the SNK reveal.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
The fifth DLC Character should be Guybrush Threepwood from the old Secret of Monkey Islands games. He would make a perfect fighter. A great mixture of humor, swords and even more humor..

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
It may sound dull to others, but I'd love the BOTW Champions to be added to the game. Specifically for Revali.

The reason being that my boy - absolutely - loves - Revali. On his first day at reception last year, I had to "fly" him to school, doing Revali's Gale and then paragliding him along. He would crouch down and say "Revali's Gale is ready to go ... ... ... Daddy now" and I'd have to pick up him, whoosh and then gently glide him to the floor.

He sleeps with a Link & Bokoblin, but in place of Revali, he as some sort of Ikea Eagle, which is also a substitute in his frequent games of "Captain Bokoblin":

lattjo-glove-puppet__0489386_PE623606_S4.JPG

BOTW is absolutely his life. He can recognise most pieces of music from the game within about 15 seconds of it playing.

But apart from playing BOTW, he loves playing Smash. And having his all time favourite champion available to him would be awesome. Plus he would have his alternate favourites of "Daruka", "Verbosa" and "Meepha" in there too.

If anything, it may actually spur Nintendo into doing a plushie range and we can quietly retire the strange Ikea eagle.

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Tetrimino.
Crazy stupid fun idea and historically relevant as Mr Game and Watch and ROB. Its also in vogue again thanks to Tetris 99 in the same system.
Maybe it converts into different pieces for its attacks, have a Tetris 99 final smash were 99 players throw pieces to the victim. Crazy stuff like that.
It will come with an amazing stage and music to boot! (the excellent remixes created for type a and b in brawl will have its stage finally).

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Kawase from Umihara Kawase, but she was already put in the Nicalis fighter Blade Strangers. Still...

tumblr_inline_os0es9KjqN1qzpbds_640.gif

TheNextWorld

Alt Account
Banned
May 18, 2019
Cheers for the giveaway. How about Ciri from The Witcher 3. Maybe even Geralt too. That be an awesome character to close out the Fighters Pass.

OP
OP
Oct 25, 2017
Contest is over!

Using a random number generator to give me the winning post #'s...

Prize 1 (Fighters Pass) goes to Post #127! Drago
Prize 2 (Banjo-Kazooie) goes to Post #15 SephLuis

Thanks for entering everyone! Winners will be DM'd shortly. Next time I'll try using GiftBot instead, since they added GiftBot 2.0 in the middle of this giveaway. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.