• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

B1ggRandall

Oct 27, 2017
Im sick of this tippy tappy playing it safe ballshit from ____ and ______. Im no fan boy I end up with both ______ and will again over time, but both of these ______ are acting like pussies, both of there most recent _______ have been overall shit, im not going to sugar coat anything here, 2 maybe 3 ______ each intrest me, the others look like some soppy junk so far. But the real problem is which 1 of these 2 mobs have got the bollocks to come out with a _______ and ________, I want to book a couple of days off, get some ______ in, order some ________ and tell people these _______ dont fucking be contacting me.
You all ______, so big respect, I dont give a shit what _______ you ______ or if you have a fucking flag of your chosen ________ hanging out your car, lets just agree these pricks need to stop palming us off with this filler ballshit spreadable cheese, We want the real deal when can we get your soy ______ in our homes. Cheers.

There ya go, Made it easier, cheers!
Yessss! lol

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yall have 2 roads Era

A) Make this thread into the Legendary shitpost thread it is destined to become
B) Do the boring soppy filler ballshit, and hash it out over the real life effects that COVID has had on the industry, and Sony and Microsoft's response to one another

Don't fucking dissapoint me ERA!

Warukyure

Banned
Feb 23, 2019
I imagined the OP post read by

Kanye

Gilbert Godfrey

Al Bundy

Morgan Freeman

Angelina Jolie

I think I liked the Al Bundy version the best.

Chill OP. It's almost August. You'll know sooner rather than later.

I'm gonna have to go with Gilbert Godfrey.

But real talk, I feel as if there's been more delays then actual on time stuff so far this year, so if these get delayed I'd feel like that would be the norm.

OP
OP
DAHGAMING

DAHGAMING

Oct 26, 2017
Yall have 2 roads Era

A) Make this thread into the Legendary shitpost thread it is destined to become
B) Do the boring soppy filler ballshit, and hash it out over the real life effects that COVID has had on the industry, and Sony and Microsoft's response to one another

Don't fucking dissapoint me ERA!

You get it.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
My proposal:

Sony flag: Bugsnax

Microsoft flag: Halo Brute, ofc!

Nintendo flag: Mario's nipples

Seafoam Gaming

One Winged Slayer
Nov 3, 2017
I mean I'm honestly kinda pissed both PS5/XB1 events had just a bunch of games with no release windows or years, as that makes it very hard to know when to expect what, but that's pretty much the only gripe date-wise: I don't think I'm dying to know the launch date to a launch game like Yakuza or Halo, when I'm more concerned about budgeting for the system. (And being Holiday 2020 launches... I'd expect November launches in limited supply.) It's not that dire and it's understandable for them to hold back on those dates until it's 100% locked in place

Giga Man

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Im sick of this tippy tappy playing it safe ballshit from ____ and ______. Im no fan boy I end up with both ______ and will again over time, but both of these ______ are acting like pussies, both of there most recent _______ have been overall shit, im not going to sugar coat anything here, 2 maybe 3 ______ each intrest me, the others look like some soppy junk so far. But the real problem is which 1 of these 2 mobs have got the bollocks to come out with a _______ and ________, I want to book a couple of days off, get some ______ in, order some ________ and tell people these _______ dont fucking be contacting me.
You all ______, so big respect, I dont give a shit what _______ you ______ or if you have a fucking flag of your chosen ________ hanging out your car, lets just agree these pricks need to stop palming us off with this filler ballshit spreadable cheese, We want the real deal when can we get your soy ______ in our homes. Cheers.

There ya go, Made it easier, cheers!
I'm not creative enough to parody post, but I appreciate this copypasta template. Never thought I'd see one firsthand.

FelipeMGM

#Skate4
Oct 25, 2017
Im starting a gofundme to pay Jason Statham to perfom the OP, while in character of his role in Snatch

Niks

Oct 25, 2017
Im sick of this tippy tappy playing it safe ballshit from Sony and Microsoft. Im no fan boy I end up with both consoles and will again over time, but both of these companys are acting like pussies, both of there most recent showings have been overall shit, im not going to sugar coat anything here, 2 maybe 3 games each intrest me, the others look like some soppy junk so far. But the real problem is which 1 of these 2 mobs have got the bollocks to come out with a price and release date, I want to book a couple of days off, get some Scotch in, order some dirty white vests and tell people these dates dont fucking be contacting me.
You all gamers, so big respect, I dont give a shit what games you play or if you have a fucking flag of your chosen console hanging out your car, lets just agree these pricks need to stop palming us off with this filler ballshit spreadable cheese, We want the real deal when can we get your soy consoles in our homes. Cheers.

This is op

giphy.gif

HylianSeven

Shin Megami TC - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I'm fucking dying laughing here lmao.

This is going to be new copypasta.

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the only gif which can properly do the OP justice is this classic:
bowvEWh.gif

Is this our version of the Japanese culture meme from the old place? I think it has potential. We could be witnessing a forum defining moment here.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When will they stop playing gay chicken and just kiss and have sex already? Xbox and PlayStation are so afraid to just be themselves, they need to get out of the closest and expose their console prices and release date for the world to see.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
i am the opposite

i want less announcements until things are actually finished and ready to be released.

Oct 27, 2017
I mean realistically it will probably be a Friday like Xbox One and PS4 in 2013, and PS4 Pro, Slim and I think VR. Xbox redesigns launched on Tuesdays but I think major console launches will stay on Friday's. And since it won't be BF, the only dates that are possible are 11/6, 11/13, 11/20

I just want to put my pre order in

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
These consoles aren't being delayed. Sony ramped up their estimates. They are already being produced. Now there very well could be a limited number at launch, but it's not being delayed.

A possible delay would have nothing to do with Production numbers. Several high-Budget Movies are ready to be released and are getting pushed back to 2021 because of the pandemic.

The situation in the US is volatile. The numbers are rising in all metrics, New cases, Deaths, Unemployment. Add store closures and you would be quite "adventurous" to release a new Media product in those times.

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Why do people give a fuck? You know the consoles will hit in November and you know they will likely cost $500 plus dollars. How does an announcement change anything for anybody?

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
A possible delay would have nothing to do with Production numbers. Several high-Budget Movies are ready to be released and are getting pushed back to 2021 because of the pandemic.

The situation in the US is volatile. The numbers are rising in all metrics, New cases, Deaths, Unemployment. Add store closures and you would be quite "adventurous" to release a new Media product in those times.
Video game sales are seeing all-time highs and both companies will sell out of whatever they can manufacture. Movies are being pushed because studios don't want to lose out on theater revenue.

Kyougar

Cute Animal Whisperer
Nov 3, 2017
Video game sales are seeing all-time highs and both companies will sell out of whatever they can manufacture. Movies are being pushed because studios don't want to lose out on theater revenue.

And where do you think people buy their physical consoles? Or even have the money to spare to buy a new console that costs 400 to 600 Dollars while the unemployment soars past 20%?

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
And where do you think people buy their physical consoles? Or even have the money to spare to buy a new console that costs 400 to 600 Dollars while the unemployment soars past 20%?
All of the pre-orders will be gone on the internet the same day they get put up. Everyone has transitioned to buying everything on the internet. And that 20% number sucks but it will have no impact on sales this year. There will be enough people with disposable income to buy up what is produced. If high unemployment continues though all of next year which it likely will, you could see some impact but you gain nothing by delaying the production of your consoles. The development cost is already sunk and anything you gain back now goes to pay for what you put into it. The only thing you could see is less consoles produced next year than originally anticipated.

Apr 11, 2018
Sweden
Well to OP, Sony specifically got a lot of critisicm around 2016 for always delaying every title and Sony instead begun waiting with release dates until the last second. Sometimes even that haven't worked out.

I believe delaying a game kind of generates more "negative" press and opinions than just not announcing a release date does.

One could always argument that they shouldn't show games that aren't ready, but Im totally fine with showinggames early :p