• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Well?

• đź‘Ť

Votes: 408 90.5%
  • đź‘Ž

Votes: 43 9.5%

• Total voters

EVIL

Senior Concept Artist
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
that looks kinda fucking sick but honestly i'm ready for us to just move to full on brutalist shit 100% instead of this neofuture stuff
Not if my sensitivity to aesthetics has anything to do with it. I refuse to live in a concrete cube with one window.. YOU CANT MAKE ME!

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I like the fact that they incorporated greenery into the building. That said, it could still use more space for plants and shrubs on the building.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
I think it looks cool. It reminds me of the far-future skyscrapers you see in sci-fi illustrations, like on the covers of Kim Stanley Robinson novels.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
1. I like it, but since I'll never be able to afford a place there, I hate it. I gotta stay consistent.

2. Slight tangent, but Brutalism is the worst. Shit screams fascist dictator architecture.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
2. Slight tangent, but Brutalism is the worst. Shit screams fascist dictator architecture.
You make me sad, you're not entirely wrong that Brutalism is the architectural identity of fascism but I still like some of the stuff.

Spomenik_03.jpg

150812_EYE_LeCorbusier1.CROP.origina.jpg

Like: Baroque, Brutalist, Green, Gothic, Golden age Islamic
Dislike: Colonial, Classical Greek, Art Deco

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My point was more of why make your greenspace all these thin little pathways layered on top of each other rather than one big one? Who has room for anything more than mallwalking on those pathways?
This building is part of bigger development effort for the city and it is planned to be integrated with big and wide public green spaces.
That's the green axis they are talking about.

bustler.net

A 'Super Campus' design by TLS & AZPML wins the Shenzhen Bay Super Headquarters Central Green Axis

A sprawling terrain of various biomes and sunken courtyards has been chosen as the winning landscape design entry in an international competition for the Shenzhen Bay Super Headquarters central green axis in Shenzhen, China.Submitted by Berkeley/Shanghai-based...

I believe the renders here were made before the Tower C winner was announced, but you can get a sense from the picture in the OP where it is supposed to be in a relation to it.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
You make me sad, you're not entirely wrong that Brutalism is the architectural identity of fascism but I still like some of the stuff.

Like: Baroque, Brutalist, Green, Gothic, Golden age Islamic
Dislike: Colonial, Classical Greek, Art Deco

Most stuff I've seen I've been indifferent towards, I definitely can see why some people like it. If the state ever announced a building that was Brutalist I would be like woooaaahhh

Deleted member 16516

User requested account closure
Oct 27, 2017
Not one of Hadid's finest.

Personally, I have a soft spot for Islamic architecture.

BlueMosqueMazar2.jpg

The Blue Mosque of Mazar-e-Sharif

the-mosque-in-Samarra.jpg

The mosque in Samarra

the-Mahdia-Mosque2.jpg

The Mahdia Mosque

blamite

Oct 27, 2017
I like it a lot. That third image espy tediously looks awesome. The other building linked in the OP looks really cool too.

re: Brutalism: I don't think I've had a ton of first-hand experience with it, except my college campus had this building that I liked a lot. Seems like it can be nice when done appropriately.

oh, duh, totally forgot about the MCC, which, minus points for being a jail, bit honestly is kind of cool looking even so

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2017
On the topic of Brutalism, I think it is such a landmark in South American countries that modernized in the 20th century, that love it or hate, now it is ingrained in a national identity that was build during that era as opposed to some odd building sticking out in the middle of an European city that's 500 years old. As someone who grew up in Caracas, brutalism to me used to be synonym with the cultural center of a city, concert halls, museums, stadiums.

Timbuktu

Oct 25, 2017
I can't say that I love it, from the words it reads like it will be a fairly typical skyscraper for the region, built on a transport hub and sitting on a podium of sorts and you can get to the cultural amenities without going past the retail.

I wonder how long they are going to trade on Hadid's name when she's been gone for years now. I really don't like Patrik Schumacher for many reasons and not sure what it means when he lost the court case over control of her estate.