• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Stalker

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looking to expand my sub list.

I'm into nerd shit and food.

What do you guys recommend?

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Pewdiepie. I always see people talking about him on Era, must be great. I also recommend Keemstar as your news source.

Dream Machine

Oct 25, 2017
All the Bon Appetit videos are good.

Claire does the "Professional Chef Makes Gourmet (insert popular snack food here)" series, Brad does "it's Alive!" about fermented foods, and Carla does back-to-back cooking instructions with a celebrity. But all of their, and everyone else on the channel's, recipe videos are good and wholesome. They started a group video series about trying to make the perfect pizza recently.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I like Kilian Experience. He does mostly parody gaming videos, and he has a very dry/sarcastic sense of humour that doesn't rely on screaming stupid shit. I also like his accent.

Check out his Civ 5 video or his Warcraft recap video for a good idea of the kind of humour he does.

For food, try Jun's Kitchen. He makes food at home, next to a very pretty and well-behaved cat. The videos tend to be very peaceful.

Last edited:

J_ToSaveTheDay

"This guy are sick" and Corrupted by Vengeance
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
MKBHD - well-produced technology reviews and reports

Super Bunnyhop - Robust video essays and reports on videogames, videogame economics, and videogame culture.

Super Eyepatch Wolf - Robust video essays centralized around anime with a lot of very great essays on pro wrestling and videogames, too. I'm not even into anime and I'm super into watching Super Eyepatch Wolf's anime-dedicated videos, as well as his off-shoots too.

Core-A Gaming - very entertaining analysis and briefer video essays about fighting games and fighting game culture. Even if you don't like fighting games, I think there's some universal gaming knowledge that can be examined and gleaned from this channel.

My faves.

Greatest Ever

Banned
Aug 25, 2018
The top-of-the-line, worth-every-second gaming YouTube channels:
MatthewMatosis
Super Bunnyhop
MrBTongue

These ones are worth my time almost every single time and are always exciting to see a notification for.

The great ones:
videogamedunkey
Joseph Anderson
AngryJoeShow
TheGamingBritShow
HyperBitHero
Shammy
Scott the Woz
Raycevik

Lots of good content, less relevant sometimes, but still worth watching and lots of great videos.

The okay to good channels, ones that have lots of interesting content, just not as spectacular as the ones above, or ones I haven't watched enough of:
Ahoy
Woodsie
Turbo Button
thinreaper
theDeModcracy
The Cosmonaut Variety Hour
Rev3Games (very old though)
Noah Caldwell-Gervais
Perils of Pokey
Novacanoo
PtoPOnline
LowSpecGaming
Folding Ideas
Game Maker's Toolkit
Errant Signal
Defunct Games
Dave Control
Crowbcat
Cool Ghosts
CGRUndertow
Albert Krueger
Hot Pepper Gaming

Channels that aren't good or are worth skipping:
Gilly the kid
MattVisual
Sunder
That channel that got big off the IGN Dead Cells fiasco

Channels I haven't watched enough of or specialized somewhere else:
Skill Up (very good Anthem Review)
Digital Foundry
Tome of Infinity
Vash the Shell Bullet
Zen (if you're into Siege)
ProZD
Noclip (loved his Rocket League vids)

Cow Mengde

Oct 26, 2017
I would recommend The Magic of Rahat, but his channel's been dead for a while. Not sure what happened. He does a lot of more fun and magic based pranks.

Kieli

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I find it hard to enjoy Super Bunny Hop's content given that he is very negative on a lot of the subjects he discusses. It detracts from his critique when he keeps mentioning how much he dislikes XYZ.

As for channels I enjoy, it has to be Munchies. It's a Vice channel for those of you that care about that stuff, but it is entertaining and informative.

Stiler

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Bald and Bankrupt. He's a travel vlogger but unlike most others he doesn't just go to "tourist" destinations, instead he focuses on going to places and actually seeing the real people that live there and interacting with them. He speaks their language somewhat as well so he can actually have conversations and things with them.

Lately he has been spending a lot of time in Belarus,
This video is what got me into his channel, he wanders around the Belarus Chernobyl zone and runs into a little village that has some people living in it, they invite him in for drinks and food, it's great seeing how people still live there.

A couple more I enjoyed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50pQHccrlHg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q37qWA2cL5w

The 8-Bit Guy - You like Tech/Nerd stuff? Then this is the channel for you. The guy does videos about technology, usually older tech, computers, gaming systems, etc and he restores them and shows them and explains how things work.

Gus Johnson - Great comedy skits/videos, sometimes just goes random and it can work lol,

The Try Channel - It's Irish people....trying stuff lol. You might recognize them, they used to mostly all be on a channel called "Facts" but that channels owner closed down and they went off and started their own channel after that.

Wonder - A great documentary reenactment channel. Mostly about survival stories,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xym5KUJrvsY

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't he pretty dismissive of peoples concerns regarding his friend and regular guest reggies transphobic comments?

Seem to remember him brushing it off like 'Well I can't control what he does". Don't know if he has had him on since as I essentially stopped following him after that.
For real? I thought reggie was cool, though I'm not subbed to either of them. When did he make the phobic comments?

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
KEXP if you want to find some cool music
Cut has some nice random videos
Cercle for EDM in unusually beautiful places
GDC channel has lots of GDC presentations, I like to watch those related to games I enjoyed playing
Townsends has a guy cooking old stuff (like centuries old recipes, and he uses only old equipment)
Game Makers Toolkit (similar to GDC, but shorter videos)
Casey Neistat because he is the king of Youtube
Donoteat01 for leftist propaganda disguised as gameplays
Munchies, Serious Eats and Bon Appetit for culinary videos that are actually entertaining
Epicurious for their amazing videos of experts comparing cheap and expensive stuff
First we feast, great food videos mixed with interviews
Kenji Lopez Alt for superb cooking tips
Physics Girl for physics in an entertaining way
Simone Giertz because she is an amazing person that does shitty robots

Deleted member 35011

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 1, 2017
ManyATrueNerd. Nice let's plays, heavily edited when it's a long running series or mildly edited if it's a one-off. Most well known for his "YOLO" Fallout 3 and New Vegas series where he plays both games with permadeath and no healing. He also has a degree in classics from oxford so whenever he plays a game related to that period of history he will occasionally stop to just talk about history in a very excited voice for like a solid 10 minutes, like Rome Total War and so on.

He's also nice to watch because he's rarely negative. When he doesn't like a game he tries out that shows through more with a polite British lack of excitement rather than loud yelling at the game.

It's a nice chill channel to watch.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
Vinesuace Vinny
Vinesauce Joel
TierZoo
Trey the Explainer
Todd in the Shadows
Bright Sun Films
NakeyJakey

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Theres a channel I came across that I found pretty interesting. Glen and friends cooking.

He's a guy who does a lot of 30's and 40's cooking out of an old cookbook he has. A lot of the instructions are incredibly vague so he has to fly by the seat of his pants a little bit. He's a really nice guy and his videos are quite well done.

Scarface

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I dont want too many lets plays these days, but I will watch Aris (avoidingthepuddle) if I miss a playthrough or something.

HustleBun

Nov 12, 2017
GameXplain - preview, review, deep analysis and lots of hype around Indies, Sony and mostly Nintendo Switch games from some of the most thoughtful, genuine dudes out there.

Lindsay Ellis - some of the best video essays on YouTube full stop. She's intelligent, informed, socially conscious and makes me interested in topics that I never considered before.
Two recent-ish videos that I loved.

Comics Explained - Rob is an absolute class act of a human being. In neatly organized playlists, he will passionately explain any comic book characters or storyline that you can think of. His excitement is infectious and his enthusiasm and attention to detail make his videos addictive I'm nature. I recommend starting with his Injustice videos.

The Cosmonaut Variety Hour - really funny guy who loves to geek out and goof on franchise movies (Marvel, DC, Star Wars, Harry Potter). He has a genuine love for the stuff but also makes a lot of funny and thoughtful points. He also loves games and this is one of his longer videos worth checking out:

I hope someone finds something they like here :)