• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
This can't be real. So he's basically Hugh Grant's character from Death to 2020??
NINTCHDBPICT000627928623.jpg

Ensorcell

Oct 27, 2017
"I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England,"
If you hired this person as an attorney wouldn't you realize what a terrible mistake you made in hiring them after hearing this statement? Trump is stiffing him anyway so I guess he probably doesn't care what Giuliani says anymore.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Even overlooking the documentary comment (Which is hard to do)

The trial by combat didn't even go all that well for Tyrion either.

LvgsTFN.gif

grand

Oct 25, 2017
And after the trial by combat fails, a guard (his brother) frees him, he kills the VP of Westeros (his father) and then goes west where he works on overthrowing the Westeros government (resulting in the deaths of many)

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
So he wanted to... hire someone to fight to the death for him in a gruesome battle? What?

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I'd like to take a moment and remind everyone that at one point - long before the melting hair dye, the calls for duels, stuffing his hands down his pants in Borat, holding a press conference at a landscaping company between a sex shop and a crematorium, etc. - Rudy was once one of the most respected and admired men in the nation.

giuliani.jpg

Now, hindsight is 20/20, but, whew, what a fall.

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
I'd like to take a moment and remind everyone that at one point - long before the melting hair dye, the calls for duels, stuffing his hands down his pants in Borat, holding a press conference at a landscaping company between a sex shop and a crematorium, etc. - Rudy was once one of the most respected and admired men in the nation.

giuliani.jpg

Was he actually? Or was it just due to him being mayor of NY during 9/11 and being a proponent of "showing strength" by destabilizing the ME?

Shoeless

Oct 27, 2017
Was he actually? Or was it just due to him being mayor of NY during 9/11 and being a proponent of "showing strength" by destabilizing the ME?

At first I only knew him as a "Genial Uncle" type that appeared on David Letterman from time to time in the 90s. It was all news to me when the other stuff started coming out.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
He was insanely popular immediately following 9/11. He was America's Mayor. Lots of calls for him to run for president, etc. Over the years people figured out he was nuts. Before 9/11 he wasn't really on the national RADAR as much, but well know in New York. Even Bush was really popular following 9/11.

AlexBasch

Oct 27, 2017
I remember joking about keeping my job through a trial by combat last year.

And even then I knew GoT was not a documentary in medieval England because it would imply that Dothraki weddings existed and that would make me hyped as fuck.

Chrome Hyena

Oct 30, 2017
He was insanely popular immediately following 9/11. He was America's Mayor. Lots of calls for him to run for president, etc. Over the years people figured out he was nuts. Before 9/11 he wasn't really on the national RADAR as much, but well know in New York. Even Bush was really popular following 9/11.
Yeah I think the truth was people in NY (specifically black people/poc) knew he was a nutty racist, but everyone else just saw him as "America's uncle/grandpa" whatever. People from NY back then tried to warn us, but 9/11 clouded most people's judgement in the early 2000's (remember "Freedom Fries" because America was mad at the French for joining us in destroying Iraq?) so we had no clue he was who he really was.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
This is what happens to a brain of a person that eats the end of the cigars rather than throwing them away.

pink

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
BRO LMFAO

MY FAVORITE PART ABOUT MEDIEVAL ENGLAND WAS THE FUCKIN DRAGONS

LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

yo i can't with these people

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think the truth was people in NY (specifically black people/poc) knew he was a nutty racist, but everyone else just saw him as "America's uncle/grandpa" whatever. People from NY back then tried to warn us, but 9/11 clouded most people's judgement in the early 2000's (remember "Freedom Fries" because America was mad at the French for joining us in destroying Iraq?) so we had no clue he was who he really was.
Yeah he was always horrible.

Rune Walsh

Too many boners
Oct 25, 2017
So... Ghouliani believes that dragons were real and the undead came alive to invade the land of the living in Medieval England? How has he not been disbarred yet?

Dec 30, 2020

krazen

Oct 27, 2017
Gentrified Brooklyn

Yup. The irony of this is that his political career started off as aligning himself with white grievance against the incumbent black Mayor

As many as 10,000 demonstrators blocked traffic in downtown Manhattan on Sept. 16, 1992. Reporters and innocent bystanders were violently assaulted by the mob as thousands of dollars in private property was destroyed in multiple acts of vandalism...
...Yet the uniformed police present did little to stop them. Why? Because the rioters were nearly all white, off-duty NYPD officers. They were participating in a Patrolmen's Benevolent Association demonstration against Mayor David Dinkins' call for a Civilian Complaint Review Board and his creation earlier that year of the Mollen Commission, formed to investigate widespread allegations of misconduct within the NYPD.

"Beer cans and broken beer bottles littered the streets as Mr. Giuliani led the crowd in chants," The New York Times reported.

Guliani political career was built on dogwhistle racism and the Black mayor was a perfect foil (who funny enough was rapidly expanding the NYPD but just wanted ya know, accountability) and positioned himself as 'tough on crime' by implementing racist policies and giving NYPD carte blanche.

He took credit for a declining crime rate that was already happening nationwide (plus remember it was the black mayor that expanded NYPD) and rapidly started gentrifying the city. While he did abhorrent with POC voters, every time he ran he just basically doubled down on the racism ("Do you want to go back to the 80's where those hoodlums ruled the streets!?!") and white voters kept him in.

He was just smart enough to
1)Do his job during a tragedy
2)Read the room to tone down the rhetoric

Something his now boss is incapable of doing. But the Guiliani you see at the national level is the same guy that New Yorkers always knew.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
"When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

is no one reading op..???

It got even dumber.

There's so much to unpack in this second sentence, even besides the obvious points like "documentary". From solving legal disputes with a fight to the death being such a fantastic idea, to the fact that Tyrion actually loses his second trial by combat even though he was innocent (almost as if to underscore that the result of a fight to the death had little correlation with the merits of each side's arguments).

This whole circus keeps exposing the ease with which white, affluent, well-connected men dramatically fall upwards in the politicolegal network.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
There's so much to unpack in this second sentence, even besides the obvious points like "documentary". From solving legal disputes with a fight to the death being such a fantastic idea, to the fact that Tyrion actually loses his second trial by combat even though he was innocent (almost as if to underscore that the result of a fight to the death had little correlation with the merits of each side's arguments).

This whole circus keeps exposing the ease with which white, affluent, well-connected men dramatically fall upwards in the politicolegal network.
8546.jpg

is me throughout all of this.

Oct 25, 2017

giuliani.jpg

He could have just retired 11 years ago at 65 and this america's mayor period would probably have remained the main highlight of his life, overshadowing the various stains that didnt get as much public attention.
but at 76 years old he just had to make sure the world knew who he really was, and to shine a black light on his life in front of the nation.
now images of him melting, screaming in parking lots and putting his hands down his pants will be the capstones of his life.
dude really played himself

Strike

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this clown ends up representing himself in court. I could already imagine how that would go.

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
1.) GoT was not a documentary about fictitious medieval England.

2.) Trial by Combat involved physical battle to the death.

This excuse is lame lol.