• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Imperfected

Nov 9, 2017
I know when I think of events that happen in the middle of the seat imperial power and religious authority in the middle of a large continent I think, "Fictitious Medieval England".

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
The right in America is convinced they are in Westeros, playing the game of thrones with their 12D chess strategies..... meanwhile the rest of us can clearly see we're stuck in South Park

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
Documentary... about... fictional England

You cannot fucking make this shit up. When they make the HBO documentary series in the future people will say the writing is far-fetched and ridiculous. They might even say it's as badly written as the season 8 of that documentary...!

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Motherfucker probably thinks Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter and Wild Wild West were based actual events.

Last edited:

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
It's a trial that ends with a big angry rapist smashing another man's head flat with his own two hands, so...

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
Game of Thrones is a documentary about medieval England just the same way Four Seasons landscaping was a replica of Four Seasons hotel. You can't deny this logic.

darz1

Dec 18, 2017
The literal interpretation of this that he sent those maga heads to either kill the police or be killed to prove who is right.
Reporter: "So are you saying you want trumps supporters to fight to the death with police to prove him right?"

Guiliani: "no, you are putting words in my mouth, I'm saying I want trumps supporters to fight to the death with police to prove him right"

Wag

Nov 3, 2017
I always thought there was a strange amount of sex and nudity in Game of Thrones.

Now that I know it's a documentary I'm ok with it.

Bizazedo

Oct 28, 2017
Is there audio of this? Proof of it? This is fucking unreal if he thought GoT was a documentary.

Bobbetybob

Nov 11, 2017
Does he think his "explanation" makes it sound better? Because it almost just clarifies exactly what he was saying. "Oh Trump can't defend himself so we need someone to do it for him, will you be his knight in shining armour?"

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Someone needs to lay off the sauce while on the interview circuit. Especially when they are facing serious criminal charges, and their meal ticket is reportedly pissed off at them and is refusing to cough up legal fees. (And presumably refusing to issue a pardon too.)

Traxus

Spirit Tamer
Jan 2, 2018
So uh...Trump is the foul-mouthed dwarf and his followers are the flamboyant warrior who meets a gruesome and thankless fate fighting in his place? Sounds...accurate? I have no clue how this reference makes anything better.

Nimmermehr

Oct 27, 2017
Bnh8.gif

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I did previously say that it was like watching a real life Game of Thrones unfolding, and that Geoffrey is about to bite it, but I didn't realize that GoT was a fictional documentary. šŸ¤£

I'll take stupid words that begin with "O" Alex.

It's a trial that ends with a big angry rapist smashing another man's head flat with his own two hands, so...

Different fight, and for a different reason.

Last edited:

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
While horrible/surreal, this is legitimately a fucking amazing line that I wish I'd come up with.

ChrisP8Three

Oct 26, 2017
Leeds
Wait what? even that makes little sense as he references Tyrion not fighting himself (Trump) so gets a champion to fight on his behalf (the mob), so even that is what they did

Deleted member 44129

User requested account closure
Banned
May 29, 2018
I've never seen Game of Thrones. Do they even ever use the phrase "Trial by combat"? Because if they did. then surely someone would already have pointed this out. I'm guessing they never used the words.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Dunno, should GRRM feel honored or confused that Ghouliani thinks GoT is a "documentary"?

I've never seen Game of Thrones. Do they even ever use the phrase "Trial by combat"? Because if they did. then surely someone would already have pointed this out. I'm guessing they never used the words.

Yes they do, iirc at least two times. The thing is ... regarding Ghouliani's "clarification" ... violence is always invovled because normally at least one of the combatants is dead at the end of the trial. ^^

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
Somehow his explanation makes him sound more dumb, and still can be interpreted as inciting mob violence.

Tacitus

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking GTA was making fun of this decades ago when they had a radio ad where an ad called "Red Dawn" a documentary.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Different fight, and for a different reason.
Rudy referenced that one, actually. He says "Tyrion is accused of murder". Tyrion's first trial by combat isn't for murder, but attempted murder on Bran. It's for the second trial that he's accused of murder.

But like the article says it's... unclear who the "Tyrion" in this story is...

Yes, they do. But it's literal combat in the story, not something metaphorical. And moreover dumbshit Trump fans can easily take it the wrong (or, in his case, likely intended) way as an incitation of violence.

Also, Game of Thrones is most definitely not a "documentary about fictitious medieval England" lol....

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
Rudy referenced that one, actually. He says "Tyrion is accused of murder". Tyrion's first trial by combat isn't for murder, but attempted murder on Bran. It's for the second trial that he's accused of murder.

Well, then they are mixing the two together.

I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani told the reporter Brett Samuels. "When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

I don't remember Tyrion hiring anyone for the second trial by combat. Unless that's different in the book.

Morrigan

Oct 24, 2017
Well, then they are mixing the two together.
Probably yeah. Though I suppose Oberyn could fit even if he's not strictly speaking a "hire".

In any case... it's just Rudy being a goddamn clown as always. It's not like he knew what he was talking about. Let's remember he called it a documentary...

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't there another idiot there talking about kicking ass? Or was that Rudy too?

And didn't Jr. say some volatile shit?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Torn between refusing to believe he would say this and feeling certain that he would absolutely say this, lmao.

BriGuy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is like that Mo Brooks guy yelling at the crowd pre-riot to "take names and kick ass," but now he's claiming he meant ass as in donkey as in Democrat, and he meant kick them out at the ballot box in 2022 and 2024. It's not his fault that all these angry and riled up people assembled to "stop the steal" misinterpreted his very clear and very obvious intent!