• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Because if Game Of Thrones is known for one thing, it's non-violent solutions to disputes.

www.businessinsider.com

Rudy Giuliani says his 'trial by combat' comment during Trump's January 6 rally was a 'Game of Thrones' reference, not a call to violence

"I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani said.

At the rally, Giuliani repeated baseless claims about election fraud and told the audience: "If we are wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we're right, a lot of them will go to jail. So let's have trial by combat."

Speaking with The Hill on Tuesday, Giuliani told the reporter Brett Samuels that he was just making a "Game of Thrones" reference.

"I was referencing the kind of trial that took place for Tyrion in that very famous documentary about fictitious medieval England," Giuliani told Samuels. "When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

Ramsay

Jul 2, 2019
Australia
Riiiiight...

Since it needs to be brought up every time Giuliani is mentioned, here it is:

12803166-16x9-xlarge.jpg

NinjaGarden

Oct 25, 2017
So he's saying he wants someone to fight on Trump's behalf.

Totally exonerates the President. Thanks Rudy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know much GOT, but I do know that fight didn't work out well for anyone involved

Kamek

Oct 27, 2017
This is just like Brett K faking perjuring himself about the devil's triangle.

Green Mario

Oct 27, 2017
Yes, I suppose the last season of GoT is slightly less terrible if you think of it as a documentary.

bdbdbd

Oct 27, 2017
A very famous...documentary...about something fictitious.

And did he just liken Trump to a "very small man"?

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
There's been debate on whether or not the dragons had feathers, and where specifically Catelyn Stark was buried. They found written evidence suggesting that she had risen from her grave, but this knowledge was suppressed by the Vatican for centuries.

Also evidence that Starbucks has actually been around for hundreds of years

Joking aside, we all know the superior method:

TRIAL BY STOOOOOOOOOOOONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
"When Tyrion, who is a very small man, is accused of murder. He didn't commit murder, he can't defend himself, and he hires a champion to defend him."

is no one reading op..???

It got even dumber.

Danby

One Winged Slayer
Oct 7, 2020
The literal interpretation of this that he sent those maga heads to either kill the police or be killed to prove who is right.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
'The game is rigged.'

Trump been quoting Bodie from the fictitious Baltimore documentary The Wire this whole time.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always love the first 4 seasons of GOT, but he's making even them sound uncool. What a loser.

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
No he didn't because Bronn fought for him. Remember he tossed that Vale Knight Champion dude out the moon door?
There was 2 trial by combats. The second one he accused of murder against Joffrey. The first one he's accused of being involved with Bran's failed assassination attempt, if I remember rightly. Rudy seems to be referring to the second one, because of the well known trial scene in s4.

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yall this can't be fucking real, its like the country is stuck in a season of South Park