• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AZ Greg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This won't move the needle at all.

It will be waved away as simply an indicted individual looking for a plea and nothing he says will be seen as having value.

We've already done this dance during the Mueller investigation. Funny enough, all the "Got ems!" in this thread remind me of those times. And we all know how that turned out.

Grimminski

Oct 27, 2017
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
ezgif-1-55ef41475141.gif

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017

It will be waved away as simply an indicted individual looking for a plea and nothing he says will be seen as having value.

We've already done this dance during the Mueller investigation. Funny enough, all the "Got ems!" in this thread remind me of those times. And we all know how that turned out.
but the needle has steadily been moving in great part due to the Mueller Report. There's a clear timeline to follow.

voOsh

Apr 5, 2018

Trump might be bulletproof sure but this will at least bring down Nunes (like Manafort, Cohen, Stone, etc. before him) if Parnas brings verifiable communications between himself and Nunes.

Boxxy

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

You got the powerball numbers, while you're at it?

Dahbomb

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Like 6 peopl have been convicted directly related to Trump with potential 3-4 more.

We'll see if Parnas has the juice though. I see Nunes has lawyered up which means he definitely did it.

State department actually released documents just 10 mins ago and yeah... they were all in on it (State department I mean with Guiliani).

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
The GOP have been completely corrupted.

The path of least pain seems like it at minimum requires a whole bunch being arrested and/or removed from any position of power. I do not see it happening though - too much of the population has been brainwashed and left as unthinking masses.

julian

Oct 27, 2017

With multiple convictions? Heck, Roger Stone was found guilty just last week.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
The Republican chair of the intelligence committee is corrupt. In a sane world it would destroy the party and the administration.
Yes. But if you destroy one big party, there would only be one big party left. That's a real problem. In comparison to that, we have almost too many parties in Germany. If one dies, there are dozens of alternatives you can vote.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Like 6 peopl have been convicted directly related to Trump with potential 3-4 more.

We'll see if Parnas has the juice though. I see Nunes has lawyered up which means he definitely did it.

State department actually released documents just 10 mins ago and yeah... they were all in on it (State department I mean with Guiliani).
Link?

Also why is Nunes such a bitch when it comes to him getting accused of something? Its he always shitting on Dems and Schiff when he gets the chance? I mean he is accusing the Dems of trying to meddle in 2016 election with Ukraine. Wow throw dirt but cries like a bitch when someone does the same. The difference is that it's likely true that he has committed a crime.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
A bunch of cronies. How are Trump, McConnell, Graham, Ryan, etc... doing?
Of that list only Trump has been accused of blatant crimes, and Mueller made it clear he thought the remedy was with Congress - which it is and which we're currently witnessing. Nunes doesn't have the same protections the president does.

Jive Turkey

Oct 25, 2017
Link?

Also why is Nunes such a bitch when it comes to him getting accused of something? Its he always shitting on Dems and Schiff when he gets the chance? I mean he is accusing the Dems of trying to meddle in 2016 election with Ukraine. Wow throw dirt but cries like a bitch when someone does the same. The difference is that it's likely true that he has committed a crime.
He's just mimicking senpai.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017

So this story is 100% true.

and recall the other day Kash Patel, the former Nunes/current NSC staffer implicated in all this, sued Politico (using devin's Cow Lawyer) over a different Ukraine story. The party of Free Speech sure as hell likes filing bullshit lawsuits to discourage speech.
Of that list only Trump has been accused of blatant crimes, and Mueller made it clear he thought the remedy was with Congress - which it is and which we're currently witnessing. Nunes doesn't have the same protections the president does.
there is speech or debate clause immunity for congress members which might give some cover. Though I'm not actually sure what crime people think Nunes is guilty of here

Mar 3, 2019
Republicans have succesfully gridlocked the whole legal system it seems. I have no faith that anything will come of this, every single republican is lock step in line and they seem to be bulletproof to laws at this point. It feels pretty dire right now.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
and recall the other day Kash Patel, the former Nunes/current NSC staffer implicated in all this, sued Politico (using devin's Cow Lawyer) over a different Ukraine story. The party of Free Speech sure as hell likes filing bullshit lawsuits to discourage speech.

there is speech or debate clause immunity for congress members which might give some cover. Though I'm not actually sure what crime people think Nunes is guilty of here
I'd assume campaign finance violations at the least. Though it's weird since in this case he's trying to help somebody else win so I'm not sure how that'd apply.

NTGYK

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Yes. But if you destroy one big party, there would only be one big party left. That's a real problem. In comparison to that, we have almost too many parties in Germany. If one dies, there are dozens of alternatives you can vote.
If the GOP disintegrated, the Dems probably would split in a future election and remnants of the GOP would eventually form another Conservative party.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017

There will always, eventually be a second party.

While the Democratic-Republicans (now known as the Democratic Party) have been around since the time of the founding fathers, and have survived by changing their platform to reflect the times, a second party does always pop up, eventually. The longest gap we've had with one party was thirty years, and that was at a time when the Northern and Southern branches of the Democratic Party were split into essentially two separate parties over the issue of slavery. There was a nine year gap between the end of the Federalists and the beginning of the Whigs, and a thirty year gap between the end of the Whigs and the beginning of the Republicans.

In a scenario where the Republican Party becomes non-viable, there are two likely scenarios: Either Republican politicians jump ship to a smaller conservative party to rebrand, or moderate Republicans change party affiliations, leading to a splinter between the moderate and progressive wings of the Democratic Party. Either way, a First-Past-the-Post system guarantees that we will always eventually return to a state of having two (and only two) viable parties on a national scale.

Eggiem

Oct 27, 2017
If the GOP disintegrated, the Dems probably would split in a future election and remnants of the GOP would eventually form another Conservative party.
There will always, eventually be a second party.

While the Democratic-Republicans (now known as the Democratic Party) have been around since the time of the founding fathers, and have survived by changing their platform to reflect the times, a second party does always pop up, eventually. The longest gap we've had with one party was thirty years, and that was at a time when the Northern and Southern branches of the Democratic Party were split into essentially two separate parties over the issue of slavery. There was a nine year gap between the end of the Federalists and the beginning of the Whigs, and a thirty year gap between the end of the Whigs and the beginning of the Republicans.

In a scenario where the Republican Party becomes non-viable, there are two likely scenarios: Either Republican politicians jump ship to a smaller conservative party to rebrand, or moderate Republicans change party affiliations, leading to a splinter between the moderate and progressive wings of the Democratic Party. Either way, a First-Past-the-Post system guarantees that we will always eventually return to a state of having two (and only two) viable parties on a national scale.
But that wouldn't be much different, right? Would still be the old GOP with a new name in the end.

devilhawk

Oct 27, 2017
As I said in the first thread, HPSCI (House Intelligence Committee) is a "Select" committee, meaning that the Speaker can remove whoever, for whatever reason. Pelosi coming forth and saying "until it is determined the veracity of these stories..." is perfectly reasonable and should be done. Granted, that just gives Gym Jordan more screen time, but I think pulling him from the committee will at least bring some press to his corruption.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Republicans have succesfully gridlocked the whole legal system it seems. I have no faith that anything will come of this, every single republican is lock step in line and they seem to be bulletproof to laws at this point. It feels pretty dire right now.
You realize that the left has been making major gains around the country for the past couple of years, right? All of this information is hurting Republicans pretty tremendously. Don't let the loud Trump base convince you that they're winning. They are not.

SamAlbro

Oct 25, 2017
But that wouldn't be much different, right? Would still be the old GOP with a new name in the end.

Depends on which path is taken. If the ex-GOP hijack another conservative party, yeah.

If the Democratic Party fractures, even with moderate Republicans jumping ship, it would still move the overall discourse leftward, making someone like Biden be what would be considered Right Wing, instead of the Trumpites we have now.

Steel

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on which path is taken. If the ex-GOP hijack another conservative party, yeah.

If the Democratic Party fractures, even with moderate Republicans jumping ship, it would still move the overall discourse leftward, making someone like Biden be what would be considered Right Wing, instead of the Trumpites we have now.
Nah, dem fracturing would just lead con voters to band together forcing anyone to the left of them to never win an election again barring some major changes to how our electoral system works.

Binabik15

Oct 28, 2017
Still wish that someone had called him Rancid Member Nunes during the hearings. Despicable waste of flesh.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Definitely true.

He's suing a fake cow for daring to speak truth.

Also never post Daily Wire. At a minimum it's cancer on your browser and security.

Beer Monkey

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (5 Days): Hostility and Inflammatory community generalizations
"Nothing will happen" is a fucking disease and fuck every poster who loves to say it or the paraphrasing du jour. You are a cancer on the future of society. Outcomes are more complicated than "removal by the Senate" and it's really, really fucking important than all this is happening. Eat turds, worthless humans. You are human scum and trash. You are lacking in value, at least as far as your role in the problematic landscape of social media. We are better than this.

Byakuya769

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
"Nothing will happen" is a fucking disease and fuck every poster who loves to say it or the paraphrasing du jour. You are a cancer on the future of society. Outcomes are more complicated than "removal by the Senate" and it's really, really fucking important than all this is happening. Eat turds, worthless humans. You are human scum and trash. You are lacking in value, at least as far as your role in the problematic landscape of social media. We are better than this.

smdh.

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yes! A criminal willing to dish dirt about something that he HEARD happen but didn't actually witness. Top tier testimony.

don't get your hopes up on this one, folks.

Oct 31, 2017

Those kinds of posters just like to play the middle-man and/or devil's advocate. Also probably chasing after a Republican guy.

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO

Well guess what? Nothing will happen. Anyone who thinks otherwise is simply being naive or pointlessly optimistic that our political system and laws will work the way they were intended to and that good will prevail in the end, when things just don't work like that anymore.

We will get our hopes up that "oh THIS will be the end haha!" just like every big scoop when the Mueller investigation was going on, while Republicans will dance around the facts and run out the clock as Democrats stumble into even more damning information about the next Republican to be absurdly corrupt (since they all are), at which point the focus will move to that person. How many normally career ending scandals have come and gone affecting Republicans, with nothing happening? Well here is another one to add to that pile.

Republicans are above the law at this point, and they're in deep enough with treason/corruption that their literal lives and freedom depends on staying in office, so they are not going anywhere on their own and will gerrymander the shit out of every state or pull every trick in the book including voter supression, letting Russia tamper with election systems, ignoring election results or fucking with the census to keep it that way.

I'd love to be wrong, but I likely won't be here

Last edited: