• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 22, 2020
maxresdefault.jpg

This show is hilarious. If you're into 30 Rock or Kimmy Schmidt, this is very much your kind of show. (But hopefully none of that signature Tina Fey Asian and/or Native American racism. Fingers crossed!)

Songs are freaking great, too.

Good pick for getting a seven-day free trial to Peacock and then cancelling before you get billed.

Last edited:

Peru

Oct 26, 2017
Don't know where I can watch it in my country but I'll always check out Sara Bareilles productions

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished this - thought it was great. The first two episodes are a bit weak but the rest had me in stitches. Definitely scratches that 30 Rock / Kimmy Schmidt itch.
I really hope that Ashley did fake her own death and that she joins the group in S2

BluWacky

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I just finished this - thought it was great. The first two episodes are a bit weak but the rest had me in stitches. Definitely scratches that 30 Rock / Kimmy Schmidt itch.

Absolutely agreed with the above. A similar slightly surreal worldview but heartfelt and very funny at the same time.

(I'd also recommend the unfortunately short lived Great News in a similar vein)

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely adore Sara Bareilles, so I'm pretty interested. Last I checked it was 100% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Famassu

Oct 27, 2017
Busy Philipps was one of the best parts of Freaks & Geeks and Cougar Town. Defo interested just because of her involvement.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
God, this show is so good. I'm a sucker for all the Tina Fey shows, and this made me laugh as hard as Kimmy Schmidt and Great News. All the women are amazing, and the songs are spot-on.

I have a bunch of 3-month codes for Peacock Premium (got 'em from Albertsons' recent Monopoly promotion), so I'll set up a Giftbot for the thread. Rutherford Falls is also excellent and worth the watch.

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from Deleted member 11637!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

Deleted member 11637 said:
Here's a bunch of three-month subscription codes, just add them at checkout when you register your account (or check your account settings if you already have a free account.) Enjoy!

These are our awesome prizes:

• Peacock Premium Peacock Premium: 3-month sub - Won by Autumn Autumn (1 entry)
  • Peacock Premium Peacock Premium: 3-month sub - Won by someday someday (1 entry)
  • Peacock Premium Peacock Premium: 3-month sub - Won by louiedog louiedog (1 entry)
  • Peacock Premium Peacock Premium: 3-month sub - Won by oc_ oc_ (1 entry)
  • Peacock Premium Peacock Premium: 3-month sub - Won by Mr. Lemming Mr. Lemming (1 entry)

someday

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the sub Channel 5 News! I'm excited to check this out. I've been missing this kind of show.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Enjoy, all! I really want both this and Rutherford to get second seasons :D

PK Gaming

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I love this show

There's some really good character work here, with the main cast having excellent chemistry a very solid dynamics with each other. It's got plenty of comedy, but just enough sincerity to actually get you invested in these characters

Overall a really cute, funny and charming show that absolutely needs another season RIGHT NOW

TimeDevourer

Feb 24, 2018
I finished the first season today. I LOVED it, especially all the callbacks to late 90s/early 00s boy bands and girl groups. The fashion was on point!

The songs are hilarious, and the cast really meshes well together. So many great one liners (especially from Busy). Here's hoping it gets renewed!

Shedinja

Nov 30, 2017
I just finished watching this today. Such a good show, and it got better with each episode. Love Paula Pell. I really hope they get renewed for a second season.

The chorus of 4 Stars has been stuck in my head.

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone somewhat interested in this show as a huge fan of 30rock, I was wondering if they address the fifth member well

I just feel kinda bleh about reading that the fifth member who is the only Asian character is the one that gets fridged supposedly. Do they handle it well/have other Asian characters?

RatskyWatsky

Are we human or are we dancer?
Oct 25, 2017
As someone somewhat interested in this show as a huge fan of 30rock, I was wondering if they address the fifth member well

I just feel kinda bleh about reading that the fifth member who is the only Asian character is the one that gets fridged supposedly. Do they handle it well/have other Asian characters?

The last sentence uttered in the finale suggests
that she faked her own death. Fingers crossed she becomes a regular in S2!

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Loving this show so far. Is it really Kimmy Schmidt-esque? I fell off that show pretty quick but am really enjoying this show. And from my limited experience from watching 30 Rock, I'd also say that it doesn't seem as wham-bam rapid-fire as 30 Rock, though I did like that about 30 Rock.

Can't wait for the next ep.

dyreschlock

Oct 27, 2017
Gifu, Japan
Ohhh, thanks for this. 30 Rock is one of my all-time favorite shows. Kimmy Schmidt was pretty good, but dialed up the insanity too high. It's like every character was Jenna and Tracey. It became exhausting.

I'm definitely curious about this one.