• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Jan 2, 2018
Back to the video: The little commentary on indiependent games and the industry was great and I really like her voice.
I'm glad that I found this channel. I'm always looking forward to the next video.

G.O.O.

Oct 26, 2017
Huh, never heard of this channel. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny but I find it interesting. I'm always wondering what games are like from the point of view of a non-gaming spectator.

RedGator

Nov 7, 2017
Great analysis of the games, humour-wise pretty wooden. Great message at the end though, big love to all the indie devs out there making exceptional games!

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Do you disagree with the premise that a relationship is not about one person dictating choices to another?
The premise that you conjured up in your own fucking head based on the title of the video instead of its actual fucking content? Either you're unbelievably obtuse or you're being a douchebag on purpose to rile people up and sabotage a thread about a cute little comedy video. Also, I just realized that by replying to your douchebaggery twice I'm actually playing into your hands. So I will bow out now and do what I should've done the second I read your nonsense: ignore you.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
She has a point, when companies knows exactly how well the game is gonna do already, do they even have to make it ''great''?

There're many AAA games that makes me feel like the team behind it wasn't truly passionate about it (won't make an example cause it's gonna start up some unnecessary debate), sure they still want to make it good, no one wants to make a bad video game, but you just kind of feel like they didn't go above and beyond on this one, which I would argue any truly passionate creator would be willing to do for their creation.

There're developers that makes games like they are writing a book, while there're developers that makes games like they are writing an article, it's just ''another good one'' for them, nothing too special about it.

Some indie/AAA games are so incredibly good it sometimes makes me wonder ''holy shit is this the dev's last fucking video game?''

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
let's at least try to get back on topic I guess.

It's great to see how different people perceive titles like Celeste entirely based on personal experiences. I am someone who appreciates platformers but does not seek them. I have never had a mental illness of some sort so the story beats that were meant to hit hardest, I did not really feel as I felt the writing did not do a good job of providing emotion and depth to the characters to the point I could empathize besides to a superficial level. Seems like the game was aimed at people WITH some sort of a mental illness to immediately understand what Madeline is going through vs trying to properly convey it to everybody and building her character up more.

I never cared for Dead Souls for almost her exact reasons though. Nothing I watched of it looked particularly compelling to me as a gamer. I have stayed away from so many games with overly busy visuals (ie massive colors and explosions around you). MMOs are one in particular I am turned off by this. I appreciate more slow and methodical Metroidvanias.

Hollow Knight is a game I loved visually and the story was on point. Probably among my favorite indie titles. I just hope that when the sequel comes out they reconsider some of the badges/stickers mechanics and improve them as having to decide between certain abilities seemed like such a chore when in other titles having X alongside Y was not game breaking but having to choose it here was annoying when you have such limited space. I also disliked how the perfect ending required at least a few hidden/unspecified actions. But that's basically a staple of Soulsborne titles at this point. I'm looking at you umbilical cords.

I can see why Celeste can be frustrating in theory as a viewer vs say Red Dead Redemption 2 which is built as a cinematic experience.

EdgeXL

Oct 27, 2017
California
Whenever the age you end up in a functional relationship is. Hint, the video isn't actually meant to have anything to do with her controlling a boyfriend.

You will note that I did comment on the video, only the title. I have been in plenty of functional relationships and I have never even thought about dictating what my partner should do. I get that the video is apparently well done but all I did was comment on the title... and then the world ended or something.

Zetta

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Great video, love it just as much as the other ones. This has become one of my favorite youtube channels and it hasn't even been up for long.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
Huh, never heard of this channel. I don't know if it's supposed to be funny but I find it interesting. I'm always wondering what games are like from the point of view of a non-gaming spectator.
I'm pretty sure they're both gamers. The girlfriend does the "spectator character". She's probably more casual than her boyfriend, though. Question is what happens if they break up or get married? I know it's a comedy channel, but still.

MrS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This YouTuber clearly has great taste because Hollow Knight is easily the best of those games.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
You will note that I did comment on the video, only the title. I have been in plenty of functional relationships and I have never even thought about dictating what my partner should do. I get that the video is apparently well done but all I did was comment on the title... and then the world ended or something.

You don't see a problem with coming in and commenting on content you decided not to partake in? Anyone who knows what context is should know such a title can be taken many ways, perhaps you should understand that before commenting. I'll never understand this tendency to just walk in and comment on the title without the subject matter being addressed.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty sure they're both gamers. The girlfriend does the "spectator character". She's probably more casual than her boyfriend, though. Question is what happens if they break up or get married? I know it's a comedy channel, but still.
nothing in her content implies shes more casual than her boyfriend as the actual person behind the video. She's just playing up the character and society's expectations that girls do not game and boys do for comedic effect.

She has discussed the games in her videos to the same degree of understanding as anybody else who makes comedic videos on games in youtube.

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Let's ignore the sad pitiful pathetic troll and be back on topic. I enjoyed the message of this video especially in its relation to the awful practices of modern AAA developers: an avalanche of micro transaction, DLCs, bugs, etc. Echoing what she said, the indie game industry is becoming the place for pure gaming. I just wished it moves pass its obsession with pixel art/2d side scroller.
Comedy is ok in this. It does get old after a few videos.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I think at this point all of you responding to him are doing just as much of harm as he did with his baiting responses and comments. Please move on. Hopefully a mod comes by and says as much. Discuss the actual video.

Oct 27, 2017
When will people on this site learn to just put people willfully trolling them on ignore. He isn't worth your time.

As for the video, it's the first of hers I've watched and I found it to be quite insightful and funny. My wife is also a backseat driver when it comes to gaming and believes its her contributions (nagging) that eventually lead to my victory. Wouldn't have it any other way. And yes, she often dictates what it is I play since we're both experiencing it together.

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey
nothing in her content implies shes more casual than her boyfriend as the actual person behind the video. She's just playing up the character and society's expectations that girls do not game and boys do for comedic effect.

She has discussed the games in her videos to the same degree of understanding as anybody else who makes comedic videos on games in youtube.
I mean that's I said probably. We obviously don't know. Being a more casual gamer isn't a bad thing. This is a passion project and it's clear she harbors a love for gaming as her boyfriend does, which brings a unique charm to the content that can't be seen in many gaming YouTube channels.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
umm u know this is a joke series/creator, right?

Reminds me of ''What's the point of watching AngryJoe's review? You already know it's an Angry Review anyway.''

giphy.gif

LifeLine

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Out of nowhere her videos show up on my recommendations all the time.

I watched one of them and I don't get it. The gimmick loses its value half way through a video and what's left is a pretty unfunny and uninsightful review.

TheMango55

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
When will people on this site learn to just put people willfully trolling them on ignore. He isn't worth your time.

As for the video, it's the first of hers I've watched and I found it to be quite insightful and funny. My wife is also a backseat driver when it comes to gaming and believes its her contributions (nagging) that eventually lead to my victory. Wouldn't have it any other way. And yes, she often dictates what it is I play since we're both experiencing it together.

While this one might be the most inciteful of her videos, it's actually probably the least funny (still enjoyed it)

You need to watch the rest of them, this is an awesome channel. I subscribed after the first video.

I watched one of them and I don't get it. The gimmick loses its value half way through a video and what's left is a pretty unfunny and uninsightful review.

It's not a review.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Dear lord go derail some other topic.

Anyway i think this might actually be one of my least favorite of hers but its still good. Despite the fact that she is obviously a gamer i like the perspective.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Dammit I need to finish celeste, i had to skip through that part in this vid cuz i think i saw some big spoils

Dec 9, 2018
New Jersey

It's definitely lighter commentary then channels like Raycevick or Matthew Matosis. It's a channel that caters to all kinds of gamers, not just the hardcore ones that love to analyze the smallest details of the most obscure of games. It has trendy comedy, touches upon issues in the industry at the moment, and has an overall pleasant feeling to a decent amount of people. While on the topic of YT recommendations, the YouTube algorithm exposed me to a lot of solid gaming channels like Scott the Woz and Raycevick. I guess they're the rare moments where YouTube promotes rising channels well.

butman

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Sexism, history of similar behavior
She doesn't play games and doesn't have a boyfriend that play games either. This is just a camouflaged media company channel that put the content that people want to see and ear to grab subscribers.
It's forced and unnatural.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

This is the point we take out the textbook phrase on how subjective comedy is, and she is gaining a following fairly fast. Her videos for the most part are not meant to be insightful besides on little snippets such as in this one where she discusses what certain games can provide for entertainment as someone 'backseat gaming' and what type of games make for better entertainment when you are not the gamer. She brings up points other have previously, but her channel is meant for comedy.

I am watching them for the comedic element and cause they're dumb and fun little fake reviews.

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
She doesn't play games and doesn't have a boyfriend that play games either. This is just a camouflaged media company channel that put the content that people want to see and ear to grab subscribers.
It's forced and unnatural.
Is this a reference I'm not getting or will you follow up and tell me the moon landing, Kennedy Assassination and 9/11 are fake?