• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
That was entertaining.

Though as a Series X only owner though Im not sure why so many outlets are afraid to flat out say that PS5 is a better buy right now.

Tigress

Oct 25, 2017
Washington
Uh... either would be wasted on my husband... and he knows that Playstation would be what I want. My husband only is interested in games that are simple enough you can use a joystick and one button with (basically games from our youth).

Sems4arsenal

Apr 7, 2019
The editing is so good.

Video seems like just get the PS5 but the Series X has gamepass which is a good deal.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
She could have done a better joke about the naming, the joke doesnt really work. You know the PS5 is better than the PS4 by at least one? How can you not say the same about the xbox? Xbox ONE, Xbox SERIES? ONE=ONE SERIES=MULTIPLE. BY the very definitions of the words the series is at least one more than the one. This joke would have worked with ANY name that wasnt ONE, but in this case, it doesnt.

Anyway love their videos.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
She could have done a better joke about the naming, the joke doesnt really work. You know the PS5 is better than the PS4 by at least one? How can you not say the same about the xbox? Xbox ONE, Xbox SERIES? ONE=ONE SERIES=MULTIPLE. BY the very definitions of the words the series is at least one more than the one. This joke would have worked with ANY name that wasnt ONE, but in this case, it doesnt.

Grandma still doesn't know wtf the differences is. The name is pretty confusing. All of the Microsoft consoles are a part of the Xbox series.

Enduin

You look 40
Oct 25, 2017
New York
Fun and entertaining as always.

After like 2 years and some ~75 videos they're still really damn great at what they do.

Solace

Dog's Best Friend
Oct 29, 2017
I never understand why no one talks about PSnow, I mean the only difference is the lack of first-party titles on day 1, but no one even mentions that. poor thing.

RisingStar

Banned
Oct 8, 2019
I never understand why no one talks about PSnow, I mean the only difference is the lack of first-party titles on day 1, but no one even mentions that. poor thing.

Its library still isn't that great. Plus Game Pass gets EA Pass too. However that's offset by the cheaper price of entry in several countries. At the end of the day it's the Pr and marketing.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Grandma still doesn't know wtf the differences is. The name is pretty confusing. All of the Microsoft consoles are a part of the Xbox series.
Shelly doesnt sound like a grandma. Im sure someone her age would know that series is to one what 5 is to 4. AT LEAST. 5 is one more than 4 while series is between one and infinity more than one. Sure the later jokes about grandma work fine.

Sparks

Senior Games Artist
Verified
Dec 10, 2018
Los Angeles
Round 1
Round 360

was good.

Very well put together like always, loved the TFLOPS Michael Scott choice, perfection.

It is amazing what a brilliant pack-in Astro Bot was, just an absolute home run way to celebrate your new console and the past as well. It honestly makes PS5 one of my favorite console launches for that reason alone.

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
That was entertaining.

Though as a Series X only owner though Im not sure why so many outlets are afraid to flat out say that PS5 is a better buy right now.

As a Series S owner I strongly disagree with this. Even with so few next gen games to play Gamepass and the QoL upgrades are reason enough for me to say the Xbox is a better buy right now. The first year or so is always slow on new games so to be able to play everything I have on the older systems at better performance (even if it's not the X enhancements) is such a good value. I really wish Sony would take BC more seriously. It's made owning the S such an enjoyable experience.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018

... Nah, man

C'mon, its not intuitive. You're also analysing the joke from the midpoint

Xbox and then 360? And then back to One? One X is better than One, ok.

But Series S or Series X? X is better because it's at the end of the alphabet? Xtreme?

It's poor branding. Pretty much a consensus. Excellent hardwares tho.

And pretty good video from GR

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
... Nah, man

But Series S or Series X? X is better because it's at the end of the alphabet? Xtreme?

Series S replaces One S and Series X replaces One X. It's not hard to understand. People really do want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If no one is confused by Samsungs or Apples branding then MS is just fine.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
... Nah, man

Im not saying its intuitive and i agree that its poor branding.im saying that this one joke doesnt really work. There are thousands of jokes that you can make about it. But when you say i know that 5 is at least one more than 4 then you should know that series is at least one more than ONE. Unless you dont know what series means.

Yung Coconut

Oct 31, 2017
That was entertaining.

Because it isn't for everyone? I can play Miles Morales on my PS4 and Game Pass is way more attractive than anything Sony is offering right now.

Neither console has any super tempting exclusives right now... Especially if you aren't into Demon Souls. If you aren't buying the PS5 and Series X for backwards compatibility they're both a terrible buy right now imo.

Hugare

Banned
Aug 31, 2018
Series S replaces One S and Series X replaces One X. It's not hard to understand. People really do want to make a mountain out of a mole hill. If no one is confused by Samsungs or Apples branding then MS is just fine.
Apple uses numbers too tho, right? Iphone 11, 12 and etc., despite the S or whatever, to indicate a new generation

Anyway, just my opinion. I'm not confused by it because I'm into games and etc., just taking a guess about grandmas

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
Apple uses numbers too tho, right? Iphone 11, 12 and etc., despite the S or whatever, to indicate a new generation

Anyway, just my opinion. I'm not confused by it because I'm into games and etc., just taking a guess about grandmas

Yeah they do but from generation to generation they've had: number, SE, X, XR, XS, XS Max, etc. It's really not that big a deal but just saying other companies are just as guilty as MS over it and I do appreciate that Sony keeps it simple and just uses numbers. Even the Pro made sense because it was the pro version of the PS4.

GreenMonkey

Oct 28, 2017
Michigan
Im not saying its intuitive and i agree that its poor branding.im saying that this one joke doesnt really work. There are thousands of jokes that you can make about it. But when you say i know that 5 is at least one more than 4 then you should know that series is at least one more than ONE. Unless you dont know what series means.

Seriously?

The naming convention here (Xbox Series X vs Xbox one X, and Xbox Series S vs Xbox One S) is a complete clusterfuck.

And I thought the Xbox One and the Wii U were dumb, but this time around is even dumber.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
As a Series S owner I strongly disagree with this. Even with so few next gen games to play Gamepass and the QoL upgrades are reason enough for me to say the Xbox is a better buy right now. The first year or so is always slow on new games so to be able to play everything I have on the older systems at better performance (even if it's not the X enhancements) is such a good value. I really wish Sony would take BC more seriously. It's made owning the S such an enjoyable experience.
All my ps4 games work perfectly on ps5 and that's the backwards compatibility that means the most to me. I commend Microsoft for taking it a step further but Sony did a great thing too.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Because it isn't for everyone? I can play Miles Morales on my PS4 and Game Pass is way more attractive than anything Sony is offering right now.

Neither console has any super tempting exclusives right now... Especially if you aren't into Demon Souls. If you aren't buying the PS5 and Series X for backwards compatibility they're both a terrible buy right now imo.

Shhh, don't say that out loud, you'll anger the console generation elitists that expect everyone to pay a $500 entry fee to play new games despite us living in a global pandemic and an economic collapse!

Kewlmyc

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That was entertaining.

I'd only say the PS5 is a better buy if you care about exclusives, and even then, only Demon's Souls is one and that's a shot for shot remake of a PS3 game. If you want an overall gaming library, both new and old, then Xbox wins hands down due to full backwards compatibility and Gamepass.

lost7

Feb 20, 2018
Liked the video as always. I have to say, when put that way what MS is doing is so amazing. Backwards compatibility and game pass are personally not things that interest me greatly (I have limited amount of time to I tend to play only new games) but it's unbelievable the amount of content you have available just by spending 5 dollars and having an old collection. Honestly, fair play to them

Apr 25, 2018
Rockwall, Texas
All my ps4 games work perfectly on ps5 and that's the backwards compatibility that means the most to me. I commend Microsoft for taking it a step further but Sony did a great thing too.

No don't get me wrong, BC on PS5 has been surprising but the breadth of titles are just better on Xbox for BC. Plus throw in gamepass and really the first year will be just fine. I'm actually surprised it's turned out so well at launch considering there are just about no next-gen games ready.

Mukrab

Apr 19, 2020
Seriously?

The naming convention here (Xbox Series X vs Xbox one X, and Xbox Series S vs Xbox One S) is a complete clusterfuck.

And I thought the Xbox One and the Wii U were dumb, but this time around is even dumber.
Again. I AGREE THAT IT IS A CLUSTERFUCK. But if you know what series means then you know that series is more than one. Thats all im saying. Im not saying its smart, or good or anything positive about the naming. Im just saying that the particular joke she choose to made doesnt really work IMO. Its a bad joke regardless if you ask me. By that logic i could say that last gen yeah the ps3 was at least one better than the ps2 so the 360 was at least 359 better than the xbox? And again just so you know don't jump on this statement. IM NOT SAYING THAT XBOX 460 WAS A GOOD NAME EITHER.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
That was entertaining.

Yup.

Not if you're talking value for money. Games, I agree, despite Xbox being more robust and well-rounded.
I have both the PS5 and the XSX and I'd argue that PS5 DE is the best value for the money, over the XSS. Only $100 more than the XSS while performing a lot better and being a good investment for lasting the gen, comes with a great albeit short game (Astro's Playroom), and its yearly online membership comes with a great selection of games including Uncharted 4, Arkham Knight, TLOU, Days Gone, God Of War, Bloodborne, and more.

Oct 27, 2017
Shhh, don't say that out loud, you'll anger the console generation elitists that expect everyone to pay a $500 entry fee to play new games despite us living in a global pandemic and an economic collapse!
Yeah, it was very pro-consumer of Microsoft to not have exclusives on their new console so that people stuck with last gen systems aren't left out.