• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mexen

Oct 26, 2017
My girlfriend likes this channel. Good content. Don't agree with some things but it's a good time.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked this one. The best one I've seen. I loved the comment about Daisy and Waluigi.

SMD

Oct 28, 2017
I guess, I just encountered so much trash comedy channels that it's almost shocking to see a channel offer genuinely funny and wholesome content that doesn't have to become the usual "angry gamer" schtick to deliver the point, see the Fallout 76 video. For now they nailed everything from the timing, the humor, the editing, the jokes, we'll see how the channel evolves but so far I'm in big time. This video is probably the best one so far.

I don't watch any of the angry gamer channels so I can't really say I understand their appeal but they clearly work given the numbers. It's far less effort than something like this, so I'm glad that this video is being recognised for how well written and produced it is.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't watch any of the angry gamer channels so I can't really say I understand their appeal but they clearly work given the numbers. It's far less effort than something like this, so I'm glad that this video is being recognised for how well written and produced it is.

Yeah, it's the first gaming channel I actually subscribe too in a while, even set up notifications for it. Even the YouTube comments which are usually a cesspool under gaming videos (or elsewhere) are... good? It almost feels fake or moderated to hell and back. But I don't mind at all. This channel's really great.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
If you cared about spoilers you would've seen the movie already. It's Venn over 6 months. Its been out on dvd for months now.
This is on you.

I know this is late and I'm not who you were responding to but I have been dying to see Infinity War but I haven't been able to because I became a father in January and I haven't had more than an hour to myself outside of maybe 2-3 different occasions.

So no, not everyone can see everything they want to that easily.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know this is late and I'm not who you were responding to but I have been dying to see Infinity War but I haven't been able to because I became a father in January and I haven't had more than an hour to myself outside of maybe 2-3 different occasions.

Well the latest Avengers trailer also spoils the fuck out of it. It's rightly expected that you'll have seen it at this point if you cared.

violent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the latest Avengers trailer also spoils the fuck out of it. It's rightly expected that you'll have seen it at this point if you cared.

Absolutely true story. When the new Avengers trailer came out a few days ago, I actively avoided it as I was interested but not had the chance to watch Infinity War. I finally watched it last night and immediately saw the trailer after, so your expectations may be a bit off on this one.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018

That's a bummer but no one else's fault. Movies been widely available to rent/buy for months.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017

I've been careful to avoid that too. I'll get around to watching it I'm sure.

I also don't care that much about spoilers but I do feel for those who do.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Videos are top notch and funny. But yeah, she/her team aren't performing as passive observer (to borrow someone else's words) is evident (not that it matters one way or the other).

Last edited:

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I had my second son in May a few weeks after i watched infinity war. my wife couldnt see it because she was 8 months pregnant but i went and saw it after putting my other son to sleep at 8. After a few months when it come out on bluray, i bought the bluray and watched it with my wife with our 2 month old sleeping in the other room. he woke up twice. we put him back to sleep.

I refuse to believe that you didnt have a two hour window for the last 11 months. kids sleep all the time. especially newborns who wake up only to feed and shit. i religously played Destiny 1 while my first son slept next to me while feeding him, burping and changing him every two hours. i raided many times, mostly after midnight on weekends when the wife and kid would go to sleep.

even with two kids, i was able to put in over 50 hours in Red Dead, over 50 hours in Destiny Forsaken, 100 hours in GoW and Bloodborne and 30 hours in Spiderman. you just have to put your kids to bed early.

Deleted member 135

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I went back and watched all of them and these are really funny. I showed my wife the RDR2 one and she loved it, matched her experience perfectly (especially about the first 10 hours...).

I don't care if this channel is run by two people with some video editing experience or by a full team. I don't care if she plays every game she reviews or not. Its entertainment, it doesn't need to be real. James Rolfe doesn't really hate every game the Nerd reviews.

It's just for fun and thats okay.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
That's a bummer but no one else's fault. Movies been widely available to rent/buy for months.

Yeah I'm not blaming anyone, just noting how it's possible that you can not have time to see something even after 6 months.

I had my second son in May a few weeks after i watched infinity war. my wife couldnt see it because she was 8 months pregnant but i went and saw it after putting my other son to sleep at 8. After a few months when it come out on bluray, i bought the bluray and watched it with my wife with our 2 month old sleeping in the other room. he woke up twice. we put him back to sleep.

I refuse to believe that you didnt have a two hour window for the last 11 months. kids sleep all the time. especially newborns who wake up only to feed and shit. i religously played Destiny 1 while my first son slept next to me while feeding him, burping and changing him every two hours. i raided many times, mostly after midnight on weekends when the wife and kid would go to sleep.

even with two kids, i was able to put in over 50 hours in Red Dead, over 50 hours in Destiny Forsaken, 100 hours in GoW and Bloodborne and 30 hours in Spiderman. you just have to put your kids to bed early.

I should probably clarify, my wife wanted to see this with me. So we had to find time to see it when both of us had like 2 hours to spare. I've had chunks when the baby is asleep of course but for the first few months of her life we would also try to sleep when she slept, since she is an absolutely terrible sleeper. She never naps more than an hour or so at a time, so naps have never been an option, and she doesn't take a bottle so my wife can't really leave her alone for hours at a time.

I think it wouldn't be so hard to find time to watch it now at home after she's down for the night (assuming it's on Netflix now or soon?) but it's still risky, since she often wakes up within 2 hours of being put down and we like to have that time to actually sleep.

luqi

Oct 28, 2017
Oh God, the Dark Souls one is so relatable. As people pointed out here already, the tone seems to be a bit "I'm not as hardcore as my boyfriend, but I do love games very much", with some cheeky language. I'm fine with it, for entertainment and what it is, it serves its audience pretty well.

I also agree that's probably more people behind that than just the two of 'em. Even if it's just for the editing of the video. Also don't care about it. Great stuff!

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm not blaming anyone, just noting how it's possible that you can not have time to see something even after 6 months.

I should probably clarify, my wife wanted to see this with me. So we had to find time to see it when both of us had like 2 hours to spare. I've had chunks when the baby is asleep of course but for the first few months of her life we would also try to sleep when she slept, since she is an absolutely terrible sleeper. She never naps more than an hour or so at a time, so naps have never been an option, and she doesn't take a bottle so my wife can't really leave her alone for hours at a time.

I think it wouldn't be so hard to find time to watch it now at home after she's down for the night (assuming it's on Netflix now or soon?) but it's still risky, since she often wakes up within 2 hours of being put down and we like to have that time to actually sleep.
yep. been there. talk to her pediatrician about sleeping routines. kids around 1 years of age should be sleeping through the night. Dont let your daughter set the agenda. ;p

Good luck. sucks the movie got spoiled for you.

Oct 30, 2017

Sorry, but I don't see why you would feasibly expect everyone in the world to avoid spoiling you about a super popular movie that came out 6 months ago indefinitely. I mean, it's absurd, and objectively speaking you're an extreme edge case (still worried about being spoiled about an insanely popular movie that's been out half a year).

Also, your statement of not having more than an hour to yourself in the past year sounds pretty dramatic and hard to believe, regardless of whether you became a father, especially since you can watch it..at home. You know, where you can pause stuff.

Last edited:

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
yep. been there. talk to her pediatrician about sleeping routines. kids around 1 years of age should be sleeping through the night. Dont let your daughter set the agenda. ;p

Good luck. sucks the movie got spoiled for you.

Thanks, we're actually currently working with a sleep trainer. Any amount of money will be worth being able to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time again.

And like I said above I don't really care too much that I got spoiled, I was just pointing out that it's possible people haven't been able to see a movie they want to even 6+ months later.

Sorry, but I don't see why you would feasibly expect everyone in the world to avoid spoiling you about a super popular movie that came out 6 months ago indefinitely. I mean, it's absurd, and objectively speaking you're an extreme edge case (still worried about being spoiled about an insanely popular movie that's been out half a year).

Also, your statement of not having more than an hour to yourself in the past year sounds pretty dramatic and hard to believe, regardless of whether you became a father. I would suggest making an effort to see the movie, or to stop caring about spoilers.

Read my other posts, I don't really care about spoilers that much.

clay_ghost

Oct 25, 2017
Man i miss short and great you tube videos.

Watch them monetize it and increase the length of the videos but fill them with fillers.

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks, we're actually currently working with a sleep trainer. Any amount of money will be worth being able to sleep for more than 4 hours at a time again.

And like I said above I don't really care too much that I got spoiled, I was just pointing out that it's possible people haven't been able to see a movie they want to even 6+ months later.

Read my other posts, I don't really care about spoilers that much.

I did, and still don't believe for a second that you "haven't been able" to watch a movie at home that you've been "dying" to see for the past 6 months. Sorry.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is actually legit, are least in terms of not getting to a theater. I only managed to get to the theater once this year, and that was for Infinity War, but it was like 5 months later at a discount theater. And our kid is 4! Would've been easier if my wife didn't insist on going too.

Kivvi

Jun 25, 2018
I don't know why, but I don't see any originality in those videos. The idea is great but the jokes are beaten up to death and the rest is pretty predictable.
Nice to hear girls talk about games tho.

JeTmAn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why, but I don't see any originality in those videos. The idea is great but the jokes are beaten up to death and the rest is pretty predictable.
Nice to hear girls talk about games tho.

It's a gimmick, and those tend to wear thin. Like the song at the end of the Smash video... it was great for the first few lines but then she ruins it by continuing to sing over the entire lengthy Smash intro.

Still, there's clever writing and editing on display here, so if she/they manage to surpass the gimmick there could be longevity as well.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a very poor sleeper, and most nights don't get a total of 5hrs. Anyway, not sure what that has to do with anything, especially with the flexibility to watch a movie at home, during weekends, etc. Kind of irrelevant.

Well I'm sorry you're a poor sleeper but it's quite relevant because it means all of the free time I get I want to use it to rest or sleep.

Anyway this has been a very long but interesting derail so this is the last I'll comment on it.

Oct 30, 2017
Well I'm sorry you're a poor sleeper but it's quite relevant because it means all of the free time I get I want to use it to rest or sleep.

Anyway this has been a very long but interesting derail so this is the last I'll comment on it.

I mean, you have almost 12,000 posts here in a year, kind of implies that free time is not something that you lack to the degree that you state. Just saying.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, you have almost 12,000 posts here in a year, kind of implies that free time is not something that you lack to the degree that you state. Just saying.

You should know probably 25% of them were between 1-5am while I was rocking my daughter. It's a lot easier to find 5 minutes to post on a website than it is to find 2 hours to sit with my wife in front of a TV.

Nikus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Spikematic

Oct 28, 2017
Jesus... some of the posts here really made me cringe. From questioning her "gaming cred" and coming up with conspiracy theories about how the content is manufactured, to complaining about how the videos are depressing for single people(?!?!?). It's okay not to like things, but the way some of you spread your misery is just sad.

Owarifin

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
These vids are pretty pro for once a week.
Either they have industry experience,
or there's a bigger team behind them.

Oct 30, 2017
User Banned (1 month): Sexism, Thread Derailment, Accumulated Infractions
Honestly, I doubt she has anything to do with the videos. Sounds like she's just reading from a script someone gave her, and there's a production team that created this video concept because they knew it would get more views than if it was a guy narrating.

Oct 30, 2017
Who the fuck cares. Drop it.

Sorry, who are you to command me to "drop it"? His mother? He volunteered certain information, and anyone has a right to comment on it and discuss it. That's what the hell a discussion board is for. I'm not the only one that found the narrative hard to believe, and I have a right to question something that I can't wrap my head around. Feel free to ignore, since it has nothing to do with you, instead of dictating when others have a right to comment.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I doubt she has anything to do with the videos. Sounds like she's just reading from a script someone gave her, and there's a production team that created this video concept because they knew it would get more views than if it was a guy narrating.

I'm sorry but a lot of the responses in this thread are pathetic.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017

Why the fuck would you even think that? Because she's a woman? What evidence do you possibly have to make you feel that way?

Disgusting.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
My girlfriend agrees with the not being able to sleep at night part. In fact, she looks just like that Donald Duck that appears on the video!

violent

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Sorry, who are you to command me to "drop it"? His mother? He volunteered certain information, and anyone has a right to comment on it and discuss it. That's what the hell a discussion board is for. I'm not the only one that found the narrative hard to believe, and I have a right to question something that I can't wrap my head around. Feel free to ignore, since it has nothing to do with you, instead of dictating when others have a right to comment.

Unless you have specific reason not to, you should give someone the benefit that they are being honest. If he says he hasn't had time, he hasn't had time. Shouldn't be a court trial. You're coming off both angry and accusatory and your points as valid as they may be, are getting lost in your presenting of them.

Spartancarver

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Fucking LOL

Yeah man she probably doesn't even *exist*

Women are just imaginary, forget GAMER GIRLZ