• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Here they are:

So, to recap:
  • They did not "shout out pewdiepie." They misspelled) his name once as a joke with zero context. (Link)
  • They did not "do a collaborative stream with boogie," as far as anyone can tell. He tweeted praising their channel and all they did was reply "boogie has spoken." (Link)
  • They did not "mock" feminism or Anita Sarkeesian. Shelby was asked why she wasn't the one who played all the games (she does play some), and answered honestly that she felt overwhelmed by them — not that she found them generally objectionable. (Link)
  • They did give NakeyJakey a shoutout, who was himself involved with drama for hugging noted racist JonTron.
  • They condemned PDP and boogie's actions last night on stream after hearing about them, and explicitly said they do not support or watch either of them. (Link)
  • They asked the pertinent people attacking them on ResetEra to stop, because none of the claims against them are true.

Last edited:

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
User Banned (1 Month): Inflammatory Trolling Causing a Derail, History of Trolling
Whew, thank god. I don't know how I'd continue living without knowing what Pewdiepie's biggest fans look like.

OP
OP
LBsquared

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
Whew, thank god. I don't know how I'd continue living without knowing what Pewdiepie's biggest fans look like.
MV5BMTA0NDU3Mzc2NDZeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDQ1OTc5MTM@._V1_UY317_CR19,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Minthara

Freelance Market Director
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Montreal
User Banned (1 week): Thread derail, inflammatory accusations
It's cool that they finally put their faces out there, I know part of the fun for some people with their early content was guessing what they looked like (strangely enough).

Shame they turned out to be complete shitheels though with the PewDiePie and Boogie shout outs. It's what got me to stop watching their content in the end.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
It's cool that they finally put their faces out there, I know part of the fun for some people with their early content was guessing what they looked like (strangely enough).

Shame they turned out to be complete shitheels though with the PewDiePie and Boogie shout outs. It's what got me to stop watching their content in the end.
I'm well aware of why PewDiePie is problematic but what's the dealio with Boogie? I'm not a fan of his content but I was under the impression that he was at least a body-positivity advocate.

Dec 2, 2017
I'm well aware of why PewDiePie is problematic but what's the dealio with Boogie? I'm not a fan of his content but I was under the impression that he was at least a body-positivity advocate.
The list of problems with boogie is long. He defended racists, made racist comments, defends child abusers, thinks we should meet racists and trump supporters in the middle, etc. Where do you think this gif is from?
ac85d69da678ca3550b3bba951bcd50ed1d47bc1.gif

Kin5290

Oct 26, 2017

They're shitheels for liking people who are generally well liked in their given field? Okay then.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
I don't recall them overtly stating they were pewdiepie fans. I think they referenced him once. But I've only ever watched their YT channel, never their streams.

Ninjician-

Oct 29, 2017
This thread sure went downhill fast.

I love their content, I could care less which big youtubers they shout out or make jokes about. I judge them by they content they create, not the company they barely keep.

They are both extremely talented.

NexusCell

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
They're shitheels for liking people who are generally well liked in their given field? Okay then.
Once you realize that 90% of YouTubers have either a positive to neutral relationship with PDP, it becomes easier to accept his presence. He's like the Michael Jordan of YouTube. Most successful YouTuber to ever exist that is also an sort of an asshole in real life.

OP
OP
LBsquared

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I don't recall them overtly stating they were pewdiepie fans. I think they referenced him once. But I've only ever watched their YT channel, never their streams.
That's literally all it was. I bet they're sweating some randos on the Internet calling them shitheels.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
The "what's what you like most in your partner" is pretty aww, and very similar to my SO and myself's. :)

It's kind of funny that she does actually look quite a bit like the girlfriend in the "guy looking at another woman's ass" meme image, hahah. I'm assuming that's precisely why they use it so much.

trineo_feo

Oct 27, 2017

*Yawn

Oct 25, 2017
This is typical, but still unless there are ongoing OTs for Youtubers (like Kinda Funny, etc) these threads will and perhaps should attract opinions about them.

I can discern between not liking the artist but still admiring the art once in a while. Most Youtubers - you'd have to admit - have to deal with the stereotypes because they fit the stereotypes.

Where should I start if I wanted to like these two?

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I love their content. Ridiculous to me how some people #canceled them just because they gave a shout out to pewdiepie, but hey to each their own. I'll continue to enjoy their videos

OP
OP
LBsquared

LBsquared

Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I love their content. Ridiculous to me how some people #canceled them just because they gave a shout out to pewdiepie, but hey to each their own. I'll continue to enjoy their videos
It's funny that they cancelled them but can't stop going into threads about them to let others know they don't watch them.

PKrockin

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Dismissive Commentary and Modwhining
#Banned for dismissing concerns of racism

NHarmonic.

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The list of problems with boogie is long. He defended racists, made racist comments, defends child abusers, thinks we should meet racists and trump supporters in the middle, etc. Where do you think this gif is from?
ac85d69da678ca3550b3bba951bcd50ed1d47bc1.gif

Looking at the keyblades on the wall, considering the message of this GIF and... maybe Sora should've talked with Xehanort and found some middle ground. You know, from destroying everything with Kingdom Hearts or saving the worlds... maybe destroying half of the worlds and save half of them?

Boogie is just fucking dumb as hell.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
This is typical, but still unless there are ongoing OTs for Youtubers (like Kinda Funny, etc) these threads will and perhaps should attract opinions about them.

I can discern between not liking the artist but still admiring the art once in a while. Most Youtubers - you'd have to admit - have to deal with the stereotypes because they fit the stereotypes.

Where should I start if I wanted to like these two?
Probably their first video, breath of the wild unless you don't like the game. From there I would just go to games that they've covered that you like and see what you think.

Oct 29, 2017
The way the people on this forum have to bring down every single thread with vapid, pointless bullshit will never surprise me. My lord.

Jarrod38

Oct 25, 2017
How can you hate these two? They seem to be a great couple that brought a fresh change to the YouTube video game review channels.

OmegaX

Oct 28, 2017
ProZD collaborated with them in a video but I haven't seen anybody on this forum calling him a shitheel. Maybe somebody should contact him on Twitter and tell him he is #cancelled too.
I wonder why it is OK to call Matt and Shelby awful things for mentioning PDP once (not even promoting him or agreeing with shit the did) but others that directly work with them don't suffer the same scrutiny.
Also, didn't Geoff Johns give a freaking award to Boogie? Yet Matt and Shelby are the monsters.

perfectchaos007

It's Happening
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
ProZD collaborated with them in a video but I haven't seen anybody on this forum calling him a shitheel. Maybe somebody should contact him on Twitter and tell him he is #cancelled too.
I wonder why it is OK to call Matt and Shelby awful things for mentioning PDP once (not even promoting him or agreeing with shit the did) but others that directly work with them don't suffer the same scrutiny.
Also, didn't Geoff Johns give a freaking award to Boogie? Yet Matt and Shelby are the monsters.

No clue. Chronic virtue signalers are really scraping the bottom of the barrel here

Status
Not open for further replies.