• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mr_Kuschels

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned - Thread Whining
I deleted my message because I understand that my question, that legitimately was meant with no ill-intent, will sooner or later turn into "here's why or why not this should be a thread". I didn't mean to complain about OP posting the the video, but wanted to get an idea why certain videos are being put into spotlight without "bigger"/more detailed commentary from OP (And I guess with last sentence it goes back to why posting my questions wasn't a good idea to begin with). So, I'm sorry.

Last edited:

FHIZ

Oct 28, 2017
YcW0eTJ.png

I spit out my drink.

jakomocha

Oct 29, 2017
California
Good video, even though I definitely don't agree with everything she said.

I really enjoyed the QuickTime events in Detroit, I thought it (and Until Dawn) had some of the best implementation of QTEs in gaming. I didn't think they took away from the game at all

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
Good thing Ive already watched Breaking Bad and played Detroit Become human. Not a fan of reviews having so many spoilers. Great content none the less, and she has a great sense of humor.

Bhonar

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Does she not like the game at all?

I don't want to watch it yet because I haven't gotten around to finishing Detroit

Oct 27, 2017
Does she not like the game at all?

I don't want to watch it yet because I haven't gotten around to finishing Detroit

She likes the game overall, but not the QTE gameplay or the ham-fisted social commentary

I have to agree with her, if the constant pointless button prompts where removed the game would be much more enjoyable to play.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
She likes the game overall, but not the QTE gameplay or the ham-fisted social commentary

I have to agree with her, if the constant pointless button prompts where removed the game would be much more enjoyable to play.

Disagree and I usually don't like QTEs. The fact that failing those sequences has actual consequences and the fact that they aren't easy means I enjoyed them. Because they actually do serve a real purpose.

Oct 27, 2017
Disagree and I usually don't like QTEs. The fact that failing those sequences has actual consequences and the fact that they aren't easy means I enjoyed them. Because actually do serve a real purpose.

Those are a minority of the interaction in the game, and are more tolerable. It's the times where the game just freezes and waits your your to push a button or tilt a stick before continuing that really bother me.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
The videos are consistent but I'm concerned they are pivoting pretty heavily into the "nerd/gamer" demographic, despite the channel's USP being deliberately in opposition to that.

I will still watch their videos over the huge amounts of garbage on YT, though. Not shouting and lack of fake outrage goes a long way.

Sphinx

Nov 29, 2017
err... spider man's Tom Holland as Connor??

WTF she should do her research... it's the voice and the likeness of Bryan Dechart

EDIT: Oh it's all jokes.. nevenmind

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Want to watch it but I've yet to play Detroit. Ah well, can always put it on the list and wait till I go through the game.

Crumpo

Oct 28, 2017
Bournemouth, UK
Unique Selling Point. The first video was portraying the channel as "I have no idea wtf is going on with these games, here's how I view them from an outsider lens". this was very refreshing and the core source of the humour. Now it's morphing into memes and gamer in-jokes, which are still relatively funny but definitely not how the channel started.

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
Pretty much means who the channel is being marketed towards. Which I would argue it actually has always been targeted at "nerds/gamers" but it way of "what does a non-gamer think of my hobby" which is cool with me as long as it doesn't become blatant

Last edited:

BluePigGanon

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how she could continue to do it the way she had originally without faking it. Watching her bf play videogames all the time is going to make her know something about videogames.

And she's dead-on about Detroit!

akasha

Jan 14, 2019
Germany
Good points. State of Mind was a much deeper exploration of the AI subject for me. It has quite some problems too but it is sad to see that it didn't get more attention with all the money thrown at Detroit (that has a cringeworthy second half and sub-mediocre closings of all character arks).

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Silicon Valley
Fun video, but hard disagree on removing the gameplay mechanics that literally can result in changing the plot (bending story) if you fail them or choose something in the heat of the moment other than the slow-paced "choose your own adventure" dialog options.

Everything else I can get behind, to a good degree. Shame they misrepresented someone based on looks alone (Bryan Dechart), when they showed all the other actual actors, like the famous Mr Crabs :P

Oct 27, 2017
I don't see how she could continue to do it the way she had originally without faking it. Watching her bf play videogames all the time is going to make her know something about videogames.

And she's dead-on about Detroit!
The scripts are a mix of both of their knowledge. And then he does the video editing and she does the narration.

n00bs7ay3r

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
Good thing Ive already watched Breaking Bad and played Detroit Become human. Not a fan of reviews having so many spoilers. Great content none the less, and she has a great sense of humor.

I mean, I think it is pretty safe to assume that a video about a game that came out almost a year ago might contain spoilers for that game. I did not catch the Breaking Bad spoiler but if she spoiled a show that was not the focus of the video I think it is understandable to be irked by that a bit.

This is the first video of her's that I have watched and I found it pretty enjoyable.

Blackbird

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Yup, that's definitely her best work this far.

This channel should be blowing up sooner than later, this is pretty fucking good.

JayWood2010

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, I think it is pretty safe to assume that a video about a game that came out almost a year ago might contain spoilers for that game. I did not catch the Breaking Bad spoiler but if she spoiled a show that was not the focus of the video I think it is understandable to be irked by that a bit.

This is the first video of her's that I have watched and I found it pretty enjoyable.
I disagree. I view reviews as informing people on if they should play or not. Not throwing constant spoilers regardless of age. And yes, she shows the ending of breaking bad.

Great personality, and good humor but I will be avoiding future videos