• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Jun 23, 2019
It sure feels that way. Anyway, Gio was one of the few people at Sony who seemed to give even a remote fraction of a shit about Japanese games, so losing him is a big blow both for first and second party representation.

This. I don't think people realize that western games are trash and that Japanese games are the only things interesting on PlayStation. Why play Horizon Zero Dawn or Days Gone when we have Ni no Kuni and Yokai Watch 4?

Baron Von Beans

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gio will forever be a hero to me, as the Vita is my favorite console I've owned. I hope that Sony will have another outstanding handheld supporter in their wings somewhere, but I know Gio will absolutely excel at wherever they are going.

Vita means life!

Goldenroad

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Good luck Gio!

Have Sony confirmed for sure whether or not PSX is happening this year? My guess is probably no, since they would have had to announce something by now, and unless they are going to really start showing next gen hardware/software, they really probably have nothing to show, but it also feels like they are at a point to where they have no one to show it. Will be very interested in seeing who start coming out as the big spokespeople for this company in 2020 and at the launch of PS5.

ASilentProtagonist

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This. I don't think people realize that western games are trash and that Japanese games are the only things interesting on PlayStation. Why play Horizon Zero Dawn or Days Gone when we have Ni no Kuni and Yokai Watch 4?
I wouldn't call Western games "Trash", I really liked Horizon for example. Japanese games however are what has made this gen sooo great for me, and it's a shame Sony doesn't seem to care about them half as much as Western games/studios. Biiiig mistake, I'm sure Japanese devs will sticks around regardless because of Sony's marketshare worldwide, and in Japan, but you'll start to see more Japanese games coming to PC. We've seen it with SEGA this gen, Valkyria Chronicles, and Yakuza.

Pyro

God help us the mods are making weekend threads
Jul 30, 2018
United States
Man the PS5 era is looking real different. Wishing him luck to wherever he goes next!

Last edited:

Kaswa101

Oct 28, 2017
Isn't that enough?
FhkBL3f.png

Lmao

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Either way, after a lot of creative monotony from the 1st party post-Uncharted 2 combined with these shakeups, I've never been more nervous as a PlayStation fan. I'll be saying this again in some other thread whenever Yoshida leaves, just like how I always want Sony to get rid of non PlayStation parts of their business.
Nothing about Sony's 1st party output was "monotony" after Uncharted 2. And prepare yourself, because Yoshida will retire soon, too. He's old enough and doesn't want to travel around the world forever, while having his kids waiting for him at home all the time.

Iwao

Oct 25, 2017
Wishing him the best of luck.

Eternally grateful for his support of Shenmue, Yakuza and Vita.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That's kind of what I'm expecting, too. I bought my PS4 way too early this gen and spent like 6 months straight exclusively playing Warframe - I'm not going to make the same mistake twice if they drag their feet and expect mediocre third party games and a Horizon sequel to be enough.

Oh well. Saving money is never a bad thing.
To be honest I massively enjoyed the PS3, PS4 and Xbox 360 even in their launch window. But back then I played a lot of multiplayer games online and that just isn't the case anymore. Also, my backlog is even more massive nowadays and I don't even feel the need for new hardware. PS3 was overdue but most games don't even utilize the PS4 Pro or Xbox One X to their full potential. So yeah, there need to be some really good arguments to push me to buy the PS5 at launch.

Zaber

Alt account
Banned
Sep 11, 2019
He helped bring over some of my favorite games to the West. I wish him the best in his future endeavors.

Pyro

Jul 30, 2018
United States
You aren't going to notice anything different the way PlayStation is ran. Twitter news of position changes always make you guys believe they'll be some large structural difference in the way a business operates. Whatever PlayStation has built up over the years and going into next gen, doesn't suddenly disappear by a few people leaving.

That you wouldn't even realize if they didn't make any announcement about it.

Exactly. Plans for the coming gen have been in the works most likely since the day the PS4 launched (or 2015 at the latest). It's sad to see them go, but it's not like the future is uncertain because of these departures.

B.O.O.M.

Oct 25, 2017
Gio Corsi is good people. Had a small convo with him on twitter ages back iirc. I wish him nothing but the best

Deleted member 3190

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You aren't going to notice anything different the way PlayStation is ran. Twitter news of position changes always make you guys believe they'll be some large structural difference in the way a business operates. Whatever PlayStation has built up over the years and going into next gen, doesn't suddenly disappear by a few people leaving.

That you wouldn't even realize if they didn't make any announcement about it.
I feel like this is extremely disrespectful. You're basically implying their contributions are meaningless.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I feel like this is extremely disrespectful. You're basically implying their contributions are meaningless.

Maybe, but it's also disrespectful to assume that a handful of position changes will significantly disrupt the work that literally thousands of people you never hear about do on a day-to-day basis, too.

STech

Sep 24, 2018
I wish the best for him and I hope Sony could find another guy as good as him for his position.

Soprano

Banned
Oct 28, 2017

No i'm not. I understand what each individual brings to a team/company. Overall though they are a few out of hundreds of other people. Whatever idea they had, have to had meshed with the rest of the company full of other ideas. Basically it's not a one man/women business. All together is what keeps the business going.

That's what i ment by you wouldn't notice any change in PlayStation. If anything, what Gio brought to the table will be seen as successfull and will be recommended that continue by whoever replaces him.

Damn Silly

Oct 25, 2017
There'll obviously still be plenty good work going on at Playstation, but that's a lot of their crowd-facing "good guys" of the generation gone going into the PS5.

At the very least, it's gonna feel weird.

jman0625

One Winged Slayer
Dec 18, 2017
Dang, *another1.gif*

I will always remember the Yakuza localization announcements at PSX and flipping my lid. Corsi has done gods work for Playstation; big shoes to fill after his departure

Diablos

has a title.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a terrible Sony fanboy because I did not know who this guy was up until now.

He seems like a cool dude though.

It is mildly concerning that some important people have been leaving Sony tho

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame. He was always a highlight whenever he was on stage.

Shuhei is now the only 'personality' Playstation has that I enjoy seeing (outside of their devs) :(

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn. Wish him the best. He will be missed.

Sony lost a lot of charisma at the tail end of this generation.

Deleted member 26293

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I vividly remember freaking the fuck out when he announced Yakuza 5 during the first PSX.

Truly the end of dark times for the Yakuza fanbase.

Acquiescence

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Lake Titicaca
I vividly remember freaking the fuck out when he announced Yakuza 5 during the first PSX.

Truly the end of dark times for the Yakuza fanbase.

Yeah that was amazing. Truly the light-at-the-end-of-the-tunnel moment for any Yakuza fan. It's easy to take for granted now because we practically get a new Yakuza game every year, but back in 2014 things were looking bleak as hell.

Thanks Gio. And if you had any say or influence in getting Shenmue III off the ground then a thousand thank yous for that too.