• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
qJeSnaKVl56ZsKQ.jpg

qJeSnaKVlqeVp6c.jpg

qJeSnaKVlqeVp6g.jpg

Gintama the Final released on 01/08, and has reached #1 spot overcoming Demon Slayer's 12 week at the top spot.

Some people attribute the rise, because of a bonus item that people that buy ticket to Gintama, will get a random postcard with art by the author of Demon slayer character(Gacha time)
qJeSnaKVlqeVp6k.jpg

qJeSnaKVlqeVqKo.jpg

qJeSnaKVlqeVqKs.jpg

The postcard for the Gintama the Final that is giving to people that has a ticket, where hte artist for Gintama draws Demon Slayer cast.

Click on spoiler to open, picture many.
qZqSnZ6Wj6eYrKQ.jpg

qZqSnZ6WlaeZsKQ.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wlaedq6Q.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wlp6WrKQ.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wlp6aqaQ.jpg

qZqSnZ6WlqebqKQ.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wlp_cr6Q.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wl56Vp6Q.jpg

qZqSnZ6WlqCbq6Q.jpg

qZqSnZ6Wlqaar6Q.jpg

Last edited:

GG-Duo

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been reading Gintama for the last few years. How's the ending? Did they land it well?

it was always too bad that they kept extending the (serious) main story

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I haven't been reading Gintama for the last few years. How's the ending? Did they land it well?

it was always too bad that they kept extending the (serious) main story
It's well executed and has roles for most of the cast, but the entire time skip final arc essentially only exists to redeem Gintoki's master and I don't think many people were looking forward to that part. Still, there's enough for everyone else.

Philippo

Developer
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
It's well executed and has roles for most of the cast, but the entire time skip final arc essentially only exists to redeem Gintoki's master and I don't think many people were looking forward to that part. Still, there's enough for everyone else.

I agree.
I finished reading it when it "finished" on WSJ (that's what the movie is going to cover right?), but didn't it move to another magainze afterwards?

Jun 24, 2019
the best i can think of right now is Excel Saga, was aired in 1999

it's pretty great :

(this one makes even more sense since it's the same voice actress)

not a lot of clip of it hanging around though, better to watch it yourself! It's pretty similar to gintama in the way they approach parody and so on, but even more absurd

That's amazing and thank you!

200w.webp

NeonZ

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I agree.
I finished reading it when it "finished" on WSJ (that's what the movie is going to cover right?), but didn't it move to another magainze afterwards?
This movie covers the entire ending, not just the WSJ chapters.

Really? Can you recommend me some please!

Later seasons of Urusei Yatsura. In the manga, it parodies traditional Japanese fairy tales and stories. The anime starts like that although from the start it throws around tons of background cameos from anime and movies. Later on the anime and movie parodies start getting entire scenes, not just background cameos. It's an early 80s anime though so you need to be into 70s and 80s stuff to get many of the references.

Excel Saga like mentioned above.

Also Keroro Gunsou/Sgt.Frog.

Late 90s manga, middle 00s anime that ran up to 2011 (manga still continues). This one like Gintama already had parody stuff in the source material, and the anime actually removes some of them initially, when they were too blatant and not tied to Sunrise or Bandai licenses, although it also adds some stuff of its own too.

Jun 24, 2019
Later seasons of Urusei Yatsura. In the manga, it parodies traditional Japanese fairy tales and stories. The anime starts like that although from the start it throws around tons of background cameos from anime and movies. Later on the anime and movie parodies start getting entire scenes, not just background cameos. It's an early 80s anime though so you need to be into 70s and 80s stuff to get many of the references.

Excel Saga like mentioned above.

Also Keroro Gunsou/Sgt.Frog.

Late 90s manga, middle 00s anime that ran up to 2011 (manga still continues). This one like Gintama already had parody stuff in the source material, and the anime actually removes some of them initially, when they were too blatant and not tied to Sunrise or Bandai licenses, although it also adds some stuff of its own too.

Ha ha that was awesome!

Thanks I'll check them out