• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dalek

Oct 25, 2017
thedirect.com

Ginacarlo Esposito Says the Marvel Cinematic Universe Is His Likely Next Step

Giancarlo Esposito reiterates his desire to take a role in the Marvel Cinematic Universe and check the franchise on his bucket list

In a video interview with Entertainment Tonight, longtime Hollywood icon Giancarlo Esposito spoke of how much he would love to be a part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. He gave this quote when asked if he has any kind of dream role that he would like to tackle next:

"I want to work with those guys, I put it out there all the time... What they do is fantastic, I want to do something enduring with them... I think the Marvel world would be, likely, the next step for me, and then I would step back into playing some characters who I think really did change the world with their actions."
His entire interview can be viewed below, with his comments on taking a role with Marvel Studios coming around the 9:00 mark:

Doctor Doom!

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Would require some rejiggering. But he would be a perfect Mr.Sinster

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I like the sound of that.

(I saw someone suggest him for Professor X. And I liked that too.)

TiC

Banned
Jul 12, 2019
I like Magneto for him, instead of Holocaust, let it be racist cops like that one thread suggested for Batman.

Also unrelated but Marvel needs to hire a paraplegic person for Xavier. He's one of the most iconic disabled characters ever in fiction, it's time.

Last edited:

Bor Gullet

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
1479138910-gus-fring.gif

Oct 27, 2017
He's pretty fucking good in that universe. Hear me out, what if we put him and Jeffrey Combs in the same Marvel movie. What is that movie? No idea. But it's pretty good.

MetalMagus

Avenger
Oct 16, 2018
Maine
Playing to type as an evil mastermind - Diablo in the first Fantastic Four movie.

Playing against type as an evil mastermind - the Blue Marvel.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
Considering how most marvel villains never get enough screen time to properly set them up, his charisma and presence he brings to his roles is a quality cheat code for a movie if used properly.

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I'd like him to not play a villain for once. I nominate The Blue Marvel.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Its always good seeing a POC actor who has worked in the industry for so long get his due. You deserve the biggest bag the mouse has good sir.

Oct 26, 2017
I just hope he doesn't tune into his inner Gus for a villain role. I'd like to see range because he clearly has the talent to do so.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
No, seriously. That last one was offhanded, but after thinking about it? Esposito as Apocalypse and Combs as Sinister would be real good.

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, if they do have him as Magneto, I wonder if they substitute a (probably fictionalized) atrocity committed in a (probably fictionalized) Central American country for the Holocaust backstory.