• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 81119

User-requested account closure
Banned
Sep 19, 2020
I love re-releases. Remaster collections like Mass Effect, Emulated classics like Castlevania, Remake collections like Tony Hawks.

And we are eatin'! Just the other day we had a Wonder Boy collection which brings the whole series to modern platforms.

But what collections are leftover and what would you most like to see, and in what style? Remakes? Remasters? Straight rom dumps?

The number one for me is Metal Gear Solid Anniversary Collection.

Like the recent Castlevania and Contra collections, I'd love to see the old MG games collected together:

Metal Gear
Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake
Snake's Revenge
Metal Gear Ghost Babel
Maybe even Metal Gear Solid 1 (although I might prefer a proper remaster)

What about you?

EDIT: Please do try to give more details than just a list of collections. Like what games you'd like to see in each and what kinds of versions you want. List threads aren't allowed.

Last edited:

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
A collection of Taito's Bubble Bobble games with at least the original, Rainbow Islands, Parasol Stars, Bubble Memories & Bubble Symphony.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
I would really like to see two Ridge Racer collections. One of the traditional games and another with the entries that let go of all pretense of realism and let you corner at 270 degree angles while burning nitro.

Last edited:

Tortillo VI

May 27, 2018
Ace Combat Collection
Put there Ace Combat 4, 5, 0, X and 6 with upscaled graphics! Or port 4,5,0 to Ace Combat 7´s UE4 tech and gameplay.

Need for Speed "Blackbox: Never Forget" collection
Re-release the best Need for Speed titles developed by Black Box, such as Hot Pursuit 2, Underground 1-2, Most Wanted, Carbon & ProStreet and marvel at what this developer could do year after year before EA finally crunched them to death.

Burnout Not-Paradise Remastered
Similar to Burnout Legends on PSP, just putting stuff from 3&4 in a revised game. To be fair, rereleasing 3&4 with a modern coat of paint would be more than enough.

Ridge Racer Type 4 or Ridge Racer 5
Huge fan of these two games. I feel the saga as a whole already got a huge remake treatment in Ridge Racer titles on PSP but adapted to a drifting / nitrous gameplay that was cool but a bit of a departure from these two games. I'd just love to return to RRT4 & 5 with RR5 physics and gameplay. Also, keep music and menu design intact but upscaled.

Deus Ex Jensen collection
There are valid reasons for this one on each platform:
  • On consoles, the first game is on PS3-360 and the second is on PS4-One. I believe it's backwards compatible on 360 but still, a bit complex to start with this saga on PS4 due to this. I think it could be ported to the second game's engine and would look amazing
  • The second game is FPS boosted on Series consoles but not on PS4, and it's a beautiful game on PC that would look current gen with the right re-release.
The two games in one package, with balance changes and the possibility of playing them straight keeping some of your upgrades between game would make for a sweet package that may gain traction for a final entry in the Jensen trilogy. However, Square Enix and its western efforts make me doubt this would ever happen, despite seemingly being a no-brainer.

oni-link

tag reference no one gets
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Ace Combat PS2 collection

Xeno Collection

God of War HD collection, collection

Tailzo

Fallen Guardian
Oct 27, 2017
Sega model 3 collection
Virtua Fighter 3tb
Scud Race
SpikeOut
Sega Rally 2
Daytona USA2
Sega Bass fishing
Ski Champ
Virtua Striker
The Ocean Hunter
Dirt Devils
Virtua On
Emergency Call Ambulance

Followed by a Naomi 1&2 collection

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sega Saturn Remastered Saga 1-4

Collection 1: Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers

Collections 2: Shining Force 3 (all of it) and Dragon Force

Collection 3: Guardian Heroes, Fighters Mega Mix, and Virtua Fighter 2

Collection 4: Nights into Dreams, Sonic R, Astal, and Dayton USA (or Sega Rally)

Blue_Toad507

May 25, 2021
Breath of Fire 1 to 5 Collection.

The Capcom Fighting Collection gives me hope it might become a reality.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Would love a Tetris the Grandmaster collection to come out. The three games are still arcade exclusive, so a collection and port would be really nice.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Quintet Quintology
remastered (the way they did Wild Guns and The Ninja Warriors, just spicing up the original spritework, making it widescreen), in some cases slightly tweaked (balancing, fixing certain mechanics/explanations) versions of:

ActRaiser (with a secret unlockable ActRaiser 2 hidden in a menu)
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia/Time
Terranigma
Robotrek

I'd love HD-2D too but to be honest, I'd be much happier to just stick with the actual original sprites, especially for Terranigma and IoG

Carmelozi

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
Breath of Fire collection
Suikoden collection
Quintet collection
Viewtiful Joe collection
Vanillaware collection
Mistwalker collection

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
Resident 1-3 collection, a collection of the first fixed camera angle resident evil games from PS1.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
epuz2lrwaaefq8hkfkd5.jpg

Gotta get this first to entice Capcom to do the rest of the horror lineup like Dino Crisis

StarPhlox

Oct 25, 2017
Wisconsin
Castlevania DS collection would be great as although I love the Advance collection only one of those is a must play whereas the 3 DS ones are all at least 9/10 experiences

A collection of the original versions of RE 1-3 would be great since those are unavailable on current hardware and are all distinct from their remakes.

Most importantly for me is I gotta have the rest of the Mega Man series available readily so Legacy collections for Legends, Battle Network, and Star Force

Farlander

Game Designer
Verified
Sep 29, 2021
Commander Keen collection. With remastered 2D-graphics.

Sierra game collections too. With remastered 2D-graphics (3D where applicable). :D The most important of those being Quest for Glory. And Space Quest! And King's Quest too! And I wouldn't mind some redesigns to remove dead-ends from these games, I don't think anybody would complain if they're gone.

I'm old and weird like that, lol.

EinBear

Oct 27, 2017
epuz2lrwaaefq8hkfkd5.jpg

Gotta get this first to entice Capcom to do the rest of the horror lineup like Dino Crisis

Came to post this. Capcom absolutely love porting games, so I'm honestly surprised a classic Resident Evil collection hasn't happened yet.

I also think it's a real shame that Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes is stuck on the Gamecube. I'm still salty they didn't include it in the HD Collection so it would still be playable on Xbox backwards compatibility and PS Now at least. We're definitely about due another full MGS collection though.

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Sega AM2/AM3 Arcade Racing Collection
Shinobi Collection
Taito Arcade Classics (bring it back with all the cool games)
Irem Arcade Collection - Bring it back and put it on Steam please!

Devilgunman

Oct 27, 2017
Cave Collection. All Cave Shmups in one package. Never going to happen tho since they're doing a bunch of re-release for each game right now.

Ohnooni

Oct 27, 2017
Quintet Quintology
remastered (the way they did Wild Guns and The Ninja Warriors, just spicing up the original spritework, making it widescreen), in some cases slightly tweaked (balancing, fixing certain mechanics/explanations) versions of:

ActRaiser (with a secret unlockable ActRaiser 2 hidden in a menu)
Soul Blazer
Illusion of Gaia/Time
Terranigma
Robotrek

I'd love HD-2D too but to be honest, I'd be much happier to just stick with the actual original sprites, especially for Terranigma and IoG
This, a million times this!
I was thinking about this during the last direct. I love the Terranigma/IoT sprites too but I would be drooling over a HD 2D Remake like Live-A-Live!
I shouldn't do this to myself but seeing a game like Live-A-Live getting revived like this, actually gave me hope for more SNES Remakes like that.
Too bad the petition last year was "only" signed by 12k people,...

Oct 29, 2017
Dragon Age Legendary Edition
Final Fantasy SNES Collection (original art, not pixel remasters ☹️ )
Shin Megami Tensei/Persona PS2 collections
Wild Arms collection

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
Sega Saturn Remastered Saga 1-4

Collection 1: Panzer Dragoon Saga and Burning Rangers

Collections 2: Shining Force 3 (all of it) and Dragon Force

Collection 3: Guardian Heroes, Fighters Mega Mix, and Virtua Fighter 2

Collection 4: Nights into Dreams, Sonic R, Astal, and Dayton USA (or Sega Rally)
Sounds awesome, the Saturn was my first ever console, would buy/love this.

My pick is either Ape Escape Trilogy (remastered like Crash and Spyro) or Banjo Duology (same thing)

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Sounds awesome, the Saturn was my first ever console, would buy/love this.

My pick is either Ape Escape Trilogy (remastered like Crash and Spyro) or Banjo Duology (same thing)
The Sega Saturn has been my gaming white whale, the console I always wanted to dive into it's library but never could. I finally got a Sega Saturn this week and am hoping to slowly dive into the library. I focused my dream collections on getting a lot of it's biggest exclusive titles more wildly available. I know a few like Nights and Guardian Heroes have been ported before, but I can't imagine a Saturn collection not including them.

dougie4306

Jul 15, 2021
tetris the grandmaster collection (though apparently that was supposed to happen? haven't heard anything about it since the annoucnement delay)

breath of fire collection

suikoden collection

a modern metal gear collection

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'd love to see a Pokemon Collection one day, with the older games running in full screen, and at higher resolutions.

c8Cp7XCK_o.png

Give me:
  • FireRed / LeafGreen
  • Emerald
  • HeartGold / SoulSilver
  • Platinum
  • Black / White
  • Black 2 / White 2
You could split these into two collections. Give them Home support. Maybe include an option for the GBA games to have the physical/special split?

MrNewVegas

Oct 27, 2017
A Sega Naomi collection.

Cannon Spike
Capcom vs SNK
Capcom vs SNK 2
Dynamite Cop
Giga Wing 2
Guilty Gear X
Melty Blood Act Cadenza
Ikaruga
Powerstone
Powerstone 2
Project Justice
Psyvariar 2
Under Defeat
Zero Gunner

werezompire

Zeboyd Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Lunar collection.

Sega CD & PS1/Saturn versions of the first 2 games. English localized version of Lunar: Magic School (both Game Gear & Saturn versions). Dragon Song just to be complete.

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
This, a million times this!
I was thinking about this during the last direct. I love the Terranigma/IoT sprites too but I would be drooling over a HD 2D Remake like Live-A-Live!
I shouldn't do this to myself but seeing a game like Live-A-Live getting revived like this, actually gave me hope for more SNES Remakes like that.
Too bad the petition last year was "only" signed by 12k people,...
12k signatures was a massive success for something that basically had no support base in the US, the largest English speaking market. This was basically all Japanese and Euro/Aussie folk and people who knew about it through roms.

erlim

Oct 26, 2017
London
I was a little bummed we didn't get Alpha 3 max or the home features of Darkstalkers 3 in the new Capcom fighting collection. In some crazy world, if they did like a Capcom vs SNK collection AND tagged on those games, it would be incredible.

Lockheartilly9799

Corrupted by Vengeance
Nov 23, 2017
While the Pixel Remaster is awesome, I also want the unaltered originals of Final Fantasy I-VI. I wish we could have had a toggle or something.

Any collection that'll get Xenogears ported is something I'm in for.

Deleted member 27921

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Suikoden (You can dump Tierkreis)

You can pry Tierkreis from my cold, dead hands, sir !!

Sure, it's not as good as 1 or 2, but neither are any of the other Suikoden games. For a DS game, it's fine! Give it another shot.

Edit:
How about a Valkyrie Profile collection? VP1, VP2, VP: Covenant of the Plume could all use a little refresh.

Supaidaman

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
  • SEGA Arcade Collection that goes beyond the usual AM1/AM2 stuff. Go wild, maybe make multiple volumes for it, I just want Outrun 2, Daytona 2 and SCUD in some sort of racing collection
  • Sonic Portable Collection: Sonic Advance 1,2,3, plus Battle, both Rush games, the Pinball one and Sonic Pocket Adventure as a bonus.
  • Megaman Battle Network Collection
  • Megaman Star Force Collection
  • Megaman Legends Collection
  • Metal Gear Collection, with all games that are actually canon

N64Controller

Nov 2, 2017
You can pry Tierkreis from my cold, dead hands, sir !!

Sure, it's not as good as 1 or 2, but neither are any of the other Suikoden games. For a DS game, it's fine! Give it another shot.

Edit:
How about a Valkyrie Profile collection? VP1, VP2, VP: Covenant of the Plume could all use a little refresh.

5 is on part with 2 in my book! I'd even argue it's better ... but it's not a hill I would die on, as 2 is much too powerful and in my head the difference is minute. Two of my favorite JRPGs of all time though!

I'm all for giving Tierkreis a second chance, and I totally will if the collection ever releases.

I will even play tactics.

JUST GIVE US OUR DAMN COLLECTION!

Also, damn. Valkyrie Profile, yet another GLARING hole in my JRPG series. I would 100% buy a collection.

Deleted member 6263

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Squaresoft PS1 collection

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Legend of Mana
Parasite Eve
Parasite Eve 2
Chrono Cross