• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
The knee-jerk defensiveness from these people really only proves the point of the ad ironically.

broncobuster

Oct 26, 2017
There's a lot to like about the ad and its message, or discuss the ironic rage against the ad, but I want to point out my guy acting up a storm--

ajDdXcR.jpg

lint2015

Oct 27, 2017
Seems kinda weird and petty to get upset over an ad that's basically saying real men step in when somebody's getting bullied, roughed up, or harassed.

I hope these "men" will be okay. Not sure if they'll survive the winter with emotions like those.

Frozenprince

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Be a man of integrity and conscious" obviously is a message that makes people lose their shit. It's because they have no capacity to remove themselves from the actions that they've taken throughout their lives and be better. That introspection never manifests as active self loathing in these people like it does with those of us with empathy, which is why they create elaborate fantasies with enemies that are coming to put them in the gulags because it's their own subconscious method of creating a comeuppance for their lifetime of being a monstrous individual who's done nothing but make the world a more shit place to live.

To reflect on that sentiment and grow is anathema to how they've live their entire lives, where being a man meant being powerful based on arbitrary bullshit.

WarLox

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
This unfortunately seems more like pandering than taking a stand. I wonder if lady Gillette will make a similar one telling ladies to hold other ladies accountable. Lol

The message was good, but that was a terrible commercial.

Sai

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
why would feminists letting their armpit hair grow out be interested in a product to shave hairs off your body

god, right wingers are so fucking dumb lmfao

Oct 27, 2017
Good ad.

So these goods throwing a fit and virtue signaling to their conservative buds fear literally any change, even those we all can agree would be for the best, eh?

medinaria

Oct 30, 2017
shit, dove's been doing this for 15 years and people still fall for it.

like, they're promising to donate ~.015% of their yearly sales to charity and "promote positive images of men in their ads". ok. in order for that to make any difference whatsoever, people have to... watch their ads. that's the point here. not "an end to toxic masculinity", not donating to charity. the point is you, watching their ads, and feeling like they're "supporting the good guys" so you buy their product.

if they found out 18-34y/o men and women were actually enormous racists, they'd be out here making ads saying HERE AT GILLETTE, WE WOULD LIKE TO ENCOURAGE PRESIDENT TRUMP TO PUT GILLETTE™ BRAND RAZOR BLADES ON TOP OF HIS BIG, BEAUTIFUL WALL

smurfx

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
good message but i knew it would be disliked to hell and back and even then i still got surprised at how lopsided it was. are there bots out there that down vote videos their creators don't like? with that said i can't say i'm gonna buy their razors since they are too expensive for me. although i do buy their shaving cream.

Kangi

Profile Styler
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think I'll ever understand the kind of person man who ties their self-worth to their sad ideas of playing gender roles.

Spenny

Oct 25, 2017
San Diego-ish
Cool message even though it's all marketing. Conservatives sure get mad when it's suggested that one shouldn't treat others like shit. Have any of their boycotts affected shit?

alexi52

Oct 28, 2017
* commercial gives me the advice to not be an asshole *

HOW DARE THESE VIRTUE SIGNALING BABIES CALL MY MASCULINITY TOXIC

Doober

Banned
Jun 10, 2018
Yes it's marketing, but it's still a poignant message.

It's going to be a hell of an uphill fight though. Men AND women promote toxic behavior in men in ways most won't want to think about. It's too deeply ingrained in what both sexes "want."

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Well, I'm just cynical enough to be wary of this coming from a corporate platform, but I do think the message is great and the delivery of the message is great.

But then I read the internet's negative responses and the hardcore defense mechanisms people put up for their negative response and ouch, it hurts.

I get that there's a hilarious irony in it, and I am kind of laughing, but boy am I dying inside pretty hard, too.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
Why are those wanna be alpha males using Gilette anyway. Shouldn't these manly men™ use straight edge razors since that's what people used back in that mythical time when men were still men instead of those pansy-ass multi blade razors?

/s if that's not obvious

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
The salty reactions reminds me of all those people who go out of their way to eat a steak whenever they read that someone is going vegetarian or vegan.

Freakzilla

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
As depressing as it is to see the vitirol, at least if corporations are willing to piss people off with these kinds of ads (Gillette, Nike, etc) it means that that is the future and the that public opinion is shifting.

Sleepyhead86

Oct 27, 2017
mmm.... who's looking for any reason to be offended again?

I understand it's just an ad, but seriously we men can do better as a whole.

neon/drifter

Shit Shoe Wasp Smasher
Apr 3, 2018
I feel like those offended by this are fucking programmed to just see keywords that seem tied to the left and thus go apeshit. Like, the whole context of the ad being, "Lets be better and work on our image fellow men." and these people just feel like SO ATTACKED.