• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I have to buy my s/o's two younger brothers something for xmas. They are both ~28. I think they both game pretty regularly. FPS and online competitive games. I only play indies and retro japanese games, so I'm trying to avoid getting actual games for them. Unless you have a game other than COD to recommend that would appeal to casuals.

What's a good accessory or decoration that you'd buy for a gamer or yourself? Let's say $50 limit (preferably more around $20)

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I think that's a lost cause if you're planning on getting them something gaming related.

Anything they would want they will probably already get it themselves, plus if they're only playing CoD/Fortnite etc. they would not really be interested in anything outside that mainstream.

You'll have better luck getting something else entirely.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I'd probably just get them a gift card for whatever gaming platform they play on. Or probably just get them something not gaming related

karnage10

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
As someone that grew up as a "gamer" people always had at least 3 options to give me a gift:
  • You could always check my wishlist on steam for games.
  • You could just give a coupon/ gift card for an eletronic store
  • Lastly and TBF i usually really didn't and don't care what game/piece of tech you get me as long as it is gaming related. Like you want to give me a X game/console, sure i'll give it a go. For me it is mroe important that you "wasted" time to get me a gaming item than going for the easy parfum/piece of cloth option.

OP
OP
Stencil

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
Eh yeah maybe i'll just do a gift card. So lame though, when I'm giving my s/o's brother-in-law some amazing ramen bowls/spoons, and her father a decorative ceramic bottle made by a friend of mine. Shit I didn't even think of her sister. I hate the holidays.

Regardless, I meant for this thread to be more of a generic "gamer gift" thread

zswordsman

Nov 5, 2017
Just get them one of these bad boys and never worry about getting them presents again.

A13usaonutL._AC_CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C71oHw4lorxL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_UL1500_.png

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I would give them a gift card, since you don't know what games they have, or what they're looking for.

If you're not specifically getting games... maybe an accessory, like a headset or something?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that's what I'm looking for. What kind of headset? What other accessories are associated with online gaming?
Maybe things like gaming headsets, or mics, keyboards, mice, mousepad, etc.

The problem with all of those things is that they are all pretty personal items that most people of that age will have already picked out for themselves.

If they're getting into streaming, you could also maybe get them a capture card or something. But those are likely over $50.

What about figurines? Do you know if they like figures, or if there are certain characters or things that they like?

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Best thing is to get them gift card for their respective consoles. Trying to buy a game or accessories for them is just gonna result in you getting something they already have or dont want.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Can't really go wrong with a gift-card if you don't know what they like gaming-wise.
Most "gamer" oriented gifts are more joke than anything of worth and the only stuff that would really be kind of good to get would be things like headsets, Charging Docks, and the like depending on what system they have.

.exe

Oct 25, 2017
As long as it's red or green, the two official gaming colors, you're good. Accessories with RGB lighting are also acceptable.

I do think accessories are kind of a dead end gift though. When I was a kid, that type of stuff missed the mark more often than not. As boring as it is, perhaps a gift card would be best.

HonestAbe

May 19, 2020
Something on etsy related to their favorite games?

Last year my sister bought me a 3D printed captains skull from Sea of Thieves. It's freakin cool.

you're cutting it kinda close though for anything. If you're in the US, the USPS is slower than a sloth moving thru molasses right now. Everything is backed up.

justiceiro

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Guys cmom, money is something you give for people you don't really know at all.

If they are this old as this, go with something simple, usefull, discrete, and gaming branded, like a wallet, smarthwatch band, or cellphone case.

Wulfric

Oct 25, 2017
Might be a little late for shipping but maybe an artbook/figure from their favorite game?