• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dec

Prophet of Truth
Oct 26, 2017
People post Twitch Prime rewards and GoG discount codes. Yes they're not available to everyone but they're basically free.

Plus I clicked the Square Enix link and there was a queue. Since the giveaway is only for a few days it seems reasonable to give away a code if someone misses it.

Twitch prime codes are a bit different. Not everyone has prime, many people share prime, and some people may want multiple codes (me and my wife play Dauntless and a way to get a second code is nice).

2 gifts from Milly79

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Milly79 Milly79!

This is a lightning raffle that will expire in 1 hour. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

These are our awesome prizes:

• Steam Steam: RESIDENT EVIL 2 - All In-game Rewards Unlock - Won by Velikost Velikost (8 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Resident Evil Revelations 2 - Episode 1: Penal Co - Won by TiredGamer TiredGamer (3 entries)

honorless

Oct 28, 2017
People post Twitch Prime rewards and GoG discount codes. Yes they're not available to everyone but they're basically free.

Plus I clicked the Square Enix link and there was a queue. Since the giveaway is only for a few days it seems reasonable to give away a code if someone misses it.
I understand where you're coming from, but those giveaways in particular were done in a pretty suspicious/bad-faith way.

Why make four separate posts? (Imagine it had actually been a named user. Wouldn't that be a little strange?)
Why keep posting the giveaways in quick succession, without explanation, even when other users in the thread are saying "hey these are available free rn, this is kinda scummy"
Why not leave a note saying "jsyk, this is free on Steam/from S-E -- turns out I didn't need my keys so I'm giving them out"?

...What's funny is, I don't think anyone would have batted an eye if they'd waited until the promotion was over to give the keys away.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ o well

1 gift from KDash

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from KDash KDash!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Steam Steam: Gas Guzzlers Extreme - Won by one of us one of us (14 entries)

2 gifts from Cels

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018
This giveaway has unfortunately been cancelled.

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from Cels Cels!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

Cels said:
Couple twitch prime codes for games i don't play

• Dauntless Dauntless: Rites of Spring Weapon Skin
  • Ring of Elysium Ring of Elysium: Prime Exclusive Skin Collection 3 - Won by scrapple scrapple (1 entry)

1 gift from laoni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from laoni laoni!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni said:
It's been a while since I've done one of these...

5 gifts from laoni

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 5 gifts from laoni laoni!

This is a raffle that will expire in 12 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

laoni said:
Also, my Humble Monthly leftovers!

• Steam Steam: My Friend Pedro - Won by fspm fspm (40 entries)
  • Steam Steam: F1 2019 - Won by Tailzo Tailzo (24 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Turok - Won by Burai Burai (36 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Death's Gambit - Won by Eraser_Arcade Eraser_Arcade (32 entries)
  • Steam Steam: Etherborn - Won by Malakiax Malakiax (11 entries)

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back, laoni! I hope you're doing well considering the circumstances. :)
And thank you for the chance - perhaps I can get a getaway ticket.

I am doing well! I've been busy back at studies, had a lot of medical appointments (Still clear on the cancer front a year out \o/) and now I'm self-isolating and studying from home. Been doing lots of mini painting and 3D printing, though slowed down now I don't hold in-person DnD sessions anymore

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I am doing well! I've been busy back at studies, had a lot of medical appointments (Still clear on the cancer front a year out \o/) and now I'm self-isolating and studying from home. Been doing lots of mini painting and 3D printing, though slowed down now I don't hold in-person DnD sessions anymore

I'm glad to hear you've been doing well lately, and that you're still staying strong. :)
And yeah, unfortunately things are putting a bit of a damper on social activities, but that's what vidya is for! If I do win, you'll always be welcome on my island. And even if I don't win and I end up getting it, the offer stands!

Zonic

Oct 25, 2017
On the one hand, sure would be nice to enter for those rare PS4 & Switch giveaways, especially when it's something I have interest in.

But for some reason, I can't help but feel it's a bit unfair to enter for a region that's not my own, even if I can easily make an account.

Morrigan

Spear of the Metal Church
Oct 24, 2017
TBH I'm not a fan of those giveaways either. It's not as scummy as creating multiple SE accounts to grab keys to a game that's already free to literally everyone though...

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017

Welcome back from me too, I'm glad your condition is good! I can sort of relate to how you must feel, I haven't seen my local friends in person for three weeks now, it's a weird feeling but what can you do. Sooner or later all this will be over with. And thanks for the generosity with the giveaway, I bought the game so I'm not entering but yeah if a game came at the perfect time of crisis it was Animal Crossing really :P

Katana_Strikes

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 29, 2017
I think now might be a good time to actually get round to playing/using a couple of my wins from these threads.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Welcome back from me too, I'm glad your condition is good! I can sort of relate to how you must feel, I haven't seen my local friends in person for three weeks now, it's a weird feeling but what can you do. Sooner or later all this will be over with. And thanks for the generosity with the giveaway, I bought the game so I'm not entering but yeah if a game came at the perfect time of crisis it was Animal Crossing really :P

Thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty used to being in some sort of isolation or another so, while it doesn't wear too much on me now, I still miss going out and doing stuff in person. Feel really bad for our in person DnD sessions especially, those were a lot of fun and good social time every week.

I would have loved to do a doublepack of AC/Doom but, funds didn't allow for it alas. The AUD is having a bad time of it.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! Yeah, I'm pretty used to being in some sort of isolation or another so, while it doesn't wear too much on me now, I still miss going out and doing stuff in person. Feel really bad for our in person DnD sessions especially, those were a lot of fun and good social time every week.

I would have loved to do a doublepack of AC/Doom but, funds didn't allow for it alas. The AUD is having a bad time of it.

I can imagine but hey see it like this, once all this is through going out and having fun will feel all the more sweet again! :D And yeah, the German economy also moves to shambles status quick these days but it's no surprise with what happens. I tried Doom 2016 again via a friend's Family Share again after seeing all the hype for Eternal and as much as I want to like these games because the gameplay feels fun and good, the atmosphere is a tad too creepy for me :P

SRV

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 29, 2017
That's great to hear! I hear you it sucks with the limited socialization but the important thing is trying to keep healthy.
Amazing generosity as always.

dreams

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad you're doing well, laoni ! Thank you so much for your unending generosity. I hope whoever wins ACNH has a blast! I've been loving it so far!

Oct 25, 2017
It isn't harsh when someone has obviously signed up just to abuse this feature and essentially the kindness of others, which a review of their wins, posts and overall behaviour suggested.

Probably fair then. I didn't mean to suggest it was unwarranted and it no longer seems like it is harsh based on your explanation of the account activity.

4 gifts from Peter4331

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 4 gifts from Peter4331 Peter4331!

This is a day raffle that will expire in 24 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

• Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Dead Rising 4 - Won by Diemza Diemza (116 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Resident Evil HD REMASTER - Won by Strax Strax (127 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - Won by itspants1 itspants1 (156 entries)
  • Humble Bundle Humble Bundle: Resident Evil 0 HD REMASTER - Won by Ferrasvansen Ferrasvansen (125 entries)

Tailzo

Oct 27, 2017

Thank you for F12019 laoni

I wish you the best, please be safe and healthy :)

1 gift from m_anger

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from m_anger m_anger!

This is a quick raffle that will expire in 6 hours. The winner will be drawn at random! Any prizes leftover after the deadline will become available on a first-come first-serve basis.

m_anger said:
Won this here, but decided not to use it.
Maybe somebody like it more.

3 gifts from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from an anonymous user!

1 gift from Animus

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 1 gift from Animus Animus!

Animus said:
It's a DLC. You have to own the base game on Steam to redeem the code.

• Steam Steam: DLC RESIDENT EVIL 2 - All In-game Rewards Unlock - Won by Cloud_Strife Cloud_Strife (19 entries)

3 gifts from an anonymous user

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 3 gifts from an anonymous user!

Anonymous said:
Giving way Twitch Prime stuff to people who will get use out of it.

• Steam Steam: Ring of Elysium: Prime Exclusive Skin Collection 3
  • PlayDauntless.com. PlayDauntless.com.: Dauntless Rites of Spring Weapon Skin - Won by Khilandros Khilandros (1 entry)
  • Minion Masters Minion Masters: Minion Masters:Slither Lords DLC

2 gifts from gaiadyne

GiftBot

Official Giveaway Bot
Verified
Mar 7, 2018

Giveaway

Restrictions:
Hello, I am bot! I come bearing 2 gifts from gaiadyne gaiadyne!

This is a first-come first-serve giveaway. Any claimed prize will instantly be delivered.

gaiadyne said:
These were given away a few days ago but Square-Enix's storefront was so slow I just received them directly from Steam instead.

• Steam Steam: Tomb Raider - Won by WhupTroy WhupTroy (1 entry)
  • Steam Steam: Lara Croft and the Temple Of Osiris - Won by Kanito8a Kanito8a (1 entry)