• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
image.png

Info:
GiantBomb.com will be livestreaming their GOTY deliberations for 2020! Monday through Thursday will feature a couple categories each day (might be less than previous years) and then the crew will hash out a top 10 (and ultimate GOTY) on Friday, January 22nd. That's the plan, at least!

Where:
giantbomb.com/chat
Twitch
YouTube

When:
10 AM PST/1PM EST/6PM GMT

Day 1 Deliberations

Day 1 Summary
Best Looking:
Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Runners up: TLOU2 & Microsoft Flight Simulator)
Best Dad:
Yusuf Khan (Avengers) (Runners up: Tony Hawk & Barret (FF7R))

Day 2 Deliberations

www.giantbomb.com

Giant Bombcast Game of the Year 2020: Day Two

Warm up your hi-fi, it's time for everyone's favorite listening party as we determine the winners for Best Music (and Best Multiplayer).

Day 2 Summary
Best Music:
Hades (Runners up: Risk of Rain 2 and Ori and the Will of the Wisps)
Best Multiplayer:
Deep Rock Galactic (Runners up: Among Us and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare)

Day 3 Deliberations

Day 3 Summary

Best Game Feel:
Hades (Runners up: Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Astro's Playroom)
Best Party:
Ichiban and Friends from Yakuza 7 (Runners up: 13 Sentinels & Spirits from Spiritfarer)

Day 4 Deliberations

Day 4 Summary
Best Moment Or Sequence:
Spiritfarer ending (Runners up: End of Chapter 12 in Yakuza, "Cell Phone Part" in There is No Game: Wrong Dimension)
Most Distressing Game:
Cyberpunk 2077 (Runners Up: Avengers & Warcraft III Reforged)

Giant Beastcast 1-21-20
(Staff top 10's combined and narrowed down to 25 games)

Day 5 Deliberations
Day 5 Summary

This Game Does Hang Here Award
Cook Serve Delicious 3, Umarangi Generation, Good Job, Granblue Fantasy Versus, Blaseball

Giant Bomb's Top 10 GAMES OF THE YEAR

image.png

image.png

Lena Raine
Erica Lahaie
Blaseball Commissioner Parker MacMillan IIIII
Mary Kish
Rich Gallup
Leon Chang
Mega Ran
Felix Kramer
Bruno Dias
Mike Mahardy
Jeff Bakalar
Kahlief Adams
Derek Yu
Dave Lang
Mike Drucker
Hiroyuki Sakamoto
Nina Freeman
Will Smith
Alex Zandra
Pat Baer
Greg Miller
Imran Khan
Drew Scanlon
Rami Ismail
Evil Uno
Alex Boniello
Chris Tilton
Jeff Green
Ed Zitron
No Goblin
Soha E
Emma Kidwell
Dante Douglas
Dan Ryckert
Kenny Omega & Xavier Woods
Greg Kasavin
Ron Funches
Scott Benson
Colin Spacetwinks
Samantha Kalman
Danny O'Dwyer
SWERY
BAKOON
Casey Malone
Grace Bruxner
Abby Russell

Staff Top 10 Lists:
Alex Navarro
Jan Ochoa
Jason Oestreicher
Jeff Gerstmann
Vinny Caravella
Ben Pack
Matt Rorie
Brad Shoemaker

image.png

6hAAM7M.gif

Last edited:

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to Hades' week long coronation.

I barely have any sense of what else will be making the list.

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
Not only TLOU2, in the last podcast most of the crew said they hadn't had time to playthrough FF7R and GoT, so don't hold your breath for these two either.

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not only TLOU2, in the last podcast most of the crew said they hadn't had time to playthrough FF7R and GoT, so don't hold your breath for these two either.
If I remember the conversations around launch right, FFVII probably has enough support from a broad enough group to make it.

GoT... maybe not.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Are they putting these conversations up as a podcast at the end of each day? I won't be able to watch live

Sep 12, 2018
To me Ghost of Tsushima making the top 10 is entirely based on Ben really liking it and others going "yeah I guess it was solid enough"

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Tsushima won't make the top 10, none of them were head over heels about it. If it does, it would say more about how few quality games they could agree on.

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I predict that when folks start to argue for non 2020 games like Among Us, Gerstmann will use that logic to defend the inclusion Super Mario Special for the PC-88 as well.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
I think Hades or Yakuza: Like A Dragon win per their podcasts this year. Ori and the Will of the Wisps maybe in the Top 5. For the rest, I'm really not sure because it feels like they were divided on a lot of other games this year.

I would be surprised if Ghosts of Tsushima doesn't pop up towards the bottom.

Last edited:

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
If tlou 2 doesn't even make the top 10 I can already feel the meltdowns. Probably not in this thread but the thread with the eventual list will have some of those people show up.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
More ppl on era whine about TLOU2 fanboys than TLOU2 fanboys whine about the game not making lists tbh

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the bottom half is often games no one is really head over heels for. If Ben fights for it, I think it easily squeezes in.
Yeah, I just don't think he'll fight for it. He liked it a lot more when he started it than when he checked in after finishing it. Who knows though, maybe he's super passionate about it