• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

I think this is awesome. The Giant Bomb Extra life streams are always a huge hit, their community comes through big for stuff like this.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Do people really enjoy watching strangers play Animal Crossing? Seems like kind of a slow-paced title for streaming.

Patitoloco

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Their daily lockdown streams have been DAMN GOOD. I'm excited to see what special stream they do on Fridays.

Also, it's exciting to see that they're seeing that cross coast content is more than possible.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Edit: Wrong Thread.

This is super cool of them. We need more positive things in our lives, and this is a great thing to kickstart some of that.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
Do people really enjoy watching strangers play Animal Crossing? Seems like kind of a slow-paced title for streaming.
Hell, yes.

Some of my favorite streams are games like Animal Crossing. I've watched hours of Laura Kate Dale stream American Truck Simulator. You're literally just watching someone drive across the country.

It's great to have on in the background.

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
Abby said on the Beastcast that she hopes they'll be able to check out some of the fans' islands during the stream, so that should be extra fun.

FormatCompatible

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That's awesome definitely will be checking it out. Though personally what I really want is more of Vinny playing FMV games, it's so good.

anariel

Oct 27, 2017
GB's been absolutely outstanding during the lockdown. Having regular streams like this has been a blessing for my partner and I while we've been cooped up. Gained a lot of respect for all of them.

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
GB's been absolutely outstanding during the lockdown. Having regular streams like this has been a blessing for my partner and I while we've been cooped up. Gained a lot of respect for all of them.

Yeah, I'm really impressed by how well they've adapted to this whole thing. I've been watching more frequently now than I have in like a year or two.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Awesome to see. I'll check out the post-Animal Crossing streams.

I don't but it's mostly because I'm far behind where a lot of others are in the game. I like having future island developments be a surprise, where watching a stream would kinda take that away since i'd see everything they've received and have been able to do.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017

Probably depends on how entertaining the people playing are. i agree the game itself is pretty lowkey and not really a great spectator game, outside of giving the people playing plenty of time for banter.

ReginaldXIV

It's Pronounced "Aerith"
Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
They've been killing it with the streams lately. I think a lot of it is because they finally found the solution to having cross-coast content so you get a lot of Vinny hanging out with Brad, Rorie and Jeff and vice versa with Ben, Abby, Alex, and Jan. It's just been refreshing.

Kalnet

Oct 25, 2017
This has been a huge blessing in disguise. Really love how they output their livestreams and daily too, Aside from the weekends of course. It makes it much more refreshing too with different pairs and groups within the GB crew.

Oct 27, 2017
PIT
The streaming content has been great, I hope they take this to heart and do more of these interspersed with their studio content.

Phionoxx

Oct 26, 2017
United States
Excited to watch! I've fallen behind with their streams since the Lockdown 2020 started but from what little of it I've seen, it's been great. At some point I'll be able to catch up and watch the segments I'm interested in.

Natiko

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome of them to do. The content lately has been top notch, I'm sure these streams will be great as well.

Deleted member 5322

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ima try to get on the stream. I visited Abby's island the first night the game was out and it was the most fun I've had with the game tbh

OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.giantbomb.com

Giant Bomb

The largest video game database online, Giant Bomb features Game Reviews, News, Videos, and Forums for the latest in PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, DS, 3DS, NGP, and more!

It's starting!

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Stream is over, they started with a $2,000 goal but managed to raise $13,040.10(!!!) by the time the stream went down. What an overwhelming response from the community!

Abby said they plan to do another one next friday, but it doesn't sound like the specifics are set in stone. Looking forward to it.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This week's stream sounds like it will be really fun. I enjoyed Funches when he was on the Beastcast that one time.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The stream is now live. I missed the start, but I think Ron Funches couldn't make it? is gonna be late? Cast rn is Abby, Ben Pack, Alex Navarro, and Janina Gavankar.
www.giantbomb.com

Giant Bomb

The largest video game database online, Giant Bomb features Game Reviews, News, Videos, and Forums for the latest in PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, PSP, DS, 3DS, NGP, and more!

Goal this time is $5k.

Edit: Ron Funches has arrived.

Edit2: Oh right, and of course the donation link:

Tiltify - Made for Fundraisers

We give you the tools to engage with your donors and raise more for your charity

Last edited:
OP
OP
MadLaughter

MadLaughter

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
www.giantbomb.com

Giant Bomb

Abby said elsewhere that these streams have raised over 50 thousand bucks!