• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Keighley is really downplaying his show, this year.

You know it's not going to be banger when even Keighley can't bring himself to hype it.

Honestly I suspect the same factors that led to the death of E3 would eventually damage Keighley's shows in the same way. If you're a big publisher/dev you can just do your own presentation. Keighley is good for wrangling together a handful of smaller games and pet projects and putting them together in a nice package, sometimes bigger companies play ball as well, but outside of the Game Awards I suspect his pull has more limits than people think. Summer Games Fest is basically just a nice branding for companies to show all their stuff in the same month-long window.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
FUdUV7wX0AEhcGV

So your logic is that since he looks slightly happier in a pic with a 12 year difference, that he didnt deserve to come out on top of the trial?? What?

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
By who? Me? What was the point of the picture I replied to if I'm wrong?

?
You're so bizarrely wrong idk even how to correct you

The only point is that "they haven't even aged!"
Is blatantly not true and a funny thing to say about anyone.

Depp is not Paul Rudd (and even he has obvious signs of aging)

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
?
You're so bizarrely wrong idk even how to correct you

The only point is that "they haven't even aged!"
Is blatantly not true and a funny thing to say about anyone.

Depp is not Paul Rudd (and even he has obvious signs of aging)
Of course he's not. He's nearing 60, four years older than Rudd and has been dragged through hell in the last few years, which would age anyone.

In any case, using that picture to somehow paint people who believe that Depp was abused based on the evidence presented in the trial as delusional is beyond stupid. I guess all you can expect from people who seem to wear their ignorance about the case as a badge of honour is hot takes like that one.

elbageluno

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 4, 2022
Of course he's not. He's nearing 60, four years older than Rudd and has been dragged through hell in the last few years, which would age anyone.

In any case, using that picture to somehow paint people who believe that Depp was abused based on the evidence presented in the trial as delusional is beyond stupid. I guess all you can expect from people who seem to wear their ignorance about the case as a badge of honour is hot takes like that one.

Exactly , like I understand what the point of the picture in the tweet was. What I was unclear on was why the person who posted it, did.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017

What the hell is anyone talking about? No one was doing that?

Dude shared a funny tweet about how weird people can be.

Why are we talking about this shit in this thread?

This forum is exhausting

Trunchisholm

Oct 31, 2017
What the hell is anyone talking about? No one was doing that?

Dude shared a funny tweet about how weird people can be.

Why are we talking about this shit in this thread?

This forum is exhausting
Sure, let's pretend that the picture was posted in a vacuum and that the poster wasn't banned for it. I guess some people just want to keep shitposting with zero repercussions.

Addleburg

The Fallen
Nov 16, 2017
Guys, guys, guys can we just get back to talking about the important stuff like unsubstantiated Giant Bomb gossip and rumors?

I hear Rorie's a robot

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I would think that it would be more productive to actually criticize the positions people have stated they have instead of…. whatever this is.

There are some possible stances you could take with the idea of just trying to blindly distance yourself from it, that this being about celebrities means there's no potential positive impacts for anyone else that's been abused, etc. etc., any one of those things you might disagree with, instead of assuming it's entirely just secretly taking a certain stance on how the trial itself should have gone.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
What's the word on that? Kinda blacked out Silksong stuff because I was following it too closely for so long and it didn't look like it was coming soon.
Apparently some big reveal coming up which can only mean a release date. Since Keighley said to temper expectations I'm guessing it's not going to be a "..and it's out ..NOW!" sort of situation, but hopefully like, it's out next month!

Feb 12, 2019
If I say Johnny Depp three times in a mirror will a hot take appear behind me

anyway, hello friends. To get back on topic, allow me to give a long litany of complaints about Giant Bomb, a website about video games, and the flaws in their content output I have perceived using my expert business and content creation acumen.
1. Not enough dubious RPGs
2. That one time Jeff said my name on the Bombcast when I commented "Duke Nukem Forever is a wretched, miserable game" is the most validation I will ever get from said website.
3. Premium? Premium content? Un-premium content?

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
You heard 'em

Back to discussing BvS

tumblr_o50rls1tqJ1tslewgo1_540.gifv

Watched this part of the trailer like a 100 times. Beefy Batman looked so amazing.

Anyway, hope Jeff is doing better. From what I gather his jaw situation came to some sort of breaking point.. possibly literally.. As someone who has a jaw that cracks loudly when I eat sometimes, I sure hope it doesn't come to that.

Too bad Rorie is so busy with all the back-end stuff because when he isn't streaming Magic, which I find profoundly boring, I think he is very entertaining even as a solo guy.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
tumblr_o50rls1tqJ1tslewgo1_540.gifv

Watched this part of the trailer like a 100 times. Beefy Batman looked so amazing.

Anyway, hope Jeff is doing better. From what I gather his jaw situation came to some sort of breaking point.. possibly literally.. As someone who has a jaw that cracks loudly when I eat sometimes, I sure hope it doesn't come to that.

Too bad Rorie is so busy with all the back-end stuff because when he isn't streaming Magic, which I find profoundly boring, I think he is very entertaining even as a solo guy.
I smashed the repay button on the first two BvS trailers

The third trailer when they tried to sell it as an MCU flick is hysterical

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently some big reveal coming up which can only mean a release date. Since Keighley said to temper expectations I'm guessing it's not going to be a "..and it's out ..NOW!" sort of situation, but hopefully like, it's out next month!

Well it is about time. Really curious to see the scale of it since it started as just dlc for the original. After I wait another 2 years to make sure the full game is out and it's all patched

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
It's crazy that ..after all that has happened.. this news isn't really hitting that hard. It's more like "well, this thing we all figured would have happened, finally happened."

DannyGlover

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Starting tomorrow, there will be a renewed focus on a core group of nine Giant Bomb crew members, and we'll be giving updates regarding future content, the plan for Premium and hopefully addressing most of the questions you might have, and maybe even a few you didn't know you had yet. We are more excited about what's to come than ever and we hope you will be too.

That's a lot of people they'll have a Giant bomb

Dwebble

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Not a surprise, but still a shock.

Maybe something new and cool will come from this, but RIP Giant Bomb.

BUNTING1243

Oct 25, 2017
Ok so:
- Seems very notable that he is leaving without a goodbye Bombcast
- Interested to see what announcements come tomorrow from GB, the article mentions 9 full-time members and they don't have that
- Unless he is joining Nextlander (which I don't really think he is) this is probably the end of ol' Jeff G in games journalism
- Real "Screened.com is under new management" energy in this site post
- Lol Jeff Backalar outlasted them all

Gyoru

Oct 27, 2017
It's crazy that ..after all that has happened.. this news isn't really hitting that hard. It's more like "well, this thing we all figured would have happened, finally happened."

Yeah I was expecting this to happen sooner than later, but I hope people get their closure now unless they move goalposts again

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well, I found out the same time as the nextlander guys, live on stream. Jeff to join them, maybe?

This news means I'll stick around GB for Grubbsnax, but apart from that (and this thread) I'm done with GB.

It's been emotional.