• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• LIVE SKIT HERE

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • There's Some Gift Giving, Hades Shit, Everyone's Horny

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • The Essence Of Pickle Is Afoot

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Here She Comes O'brian

Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Le Freakzilleau

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You Guessed It, I'm The Captain

Votes: 6 7.6%
  • Get Forked

Votes: 48 60.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I will defend many terrible movies with you J Viper.. but this... this road I will not walk down this road with you..

In other news Era being peak Era by defending North Korea because "America also bad"
Here's the thing I appreciate about Matrix Res

It is the most expensive student film ever made

It is honest, and flawed, and absolutely fucking insane how anyone from an executive level let it happen, and that is why I appreciate it

I don't think the film is great, but it is great that the film exists if that makes sense

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
I fucking loved the new Matrix. (I also like all the matrix movies and games so...)

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Imagine taking any of this seriously. Grow up.

It's actually a very serious situation. You're literally talking about a domestic abuse situation where a person had part of their finger cut off.

Grubb is mocking an abuse victim and claiming anyone taking the victim's "side" hates women. And if he's going to make such a horrible statement on a public platform, he opens himself up to being called out on it.

Sep 12, 2018
Here's the thing I appreciate about Matrix Res

It is the most expensive student film ever made

It is honest, and flawed, and absolutely fucking insane how anyone from an executive level let it happen, and that is why I appreciate it

I don't think the film is great, but it is great that the film exists if that makes sense
This, also I do think it's kinda great lol.

EdReedFan20

Oct 25, 2017
There it is. Next week then announced for August.
The question is will it be at the Xbox event or at the Summer Game Fest kickoff thing? If Xbox only, the former. If multiplatform, the latter. If multiplatform, I can see it being just Xbox (console and PC) and Nintendo (as GoldenEye is so strongly associated with N64).

Sep 12, 2018
Depp-Heard Derangement Syndrome
FUdUV7wX0AEhcGV

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's just a rumor and Machine Games makes cool games, but idk if first person Indiana Jones is a good idea.

I didn't think that was a rumor, thought it was confirmed.

But yeah, I agree with Humanity there, but also I don't really need an "official" Indiana Jones game anyway. Guess I'm always more for non licensed stuff even if there have been a bunch of good licensed games recently.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Hostility towards another member
It's actually a very serious situation. You're literally talking about a domestic abuse situation where a person had part of their finger cut off.

Grubb is mocking an abuse victim and claiming anyone taking the victim's "side" hates women. And if he's going to make such a horrible statement on a public platform, he opens himself up to being called out on it.

If you exhibit symptoms of terminal poster brain such as these, you need to log off and go outside.

The local parliamentary leader of the Greens (biggest third party in Australian politics) has gone off the rails and possibly tanked her political career over this trial, and it's not the first time she's fallen down one of these holes (posted a lot of questionable stuff about the CCP last year) . Some people just can't handle being online, the same way that some people can't hold their liquor.

Aarglefarg

Oct 27, 2017
I liked the ability to stealthily kill a lot of enemies in The New Order. Moving between the different gameplay styles helped a lot.

SP.

Oct 27, 2017
I still firmly believe they're going to surprise announce Wolfenstein 3 for a release this holiday.

Sep 12, 2018
If you exhibit symptoms of terminal poster brain such as these, you need to log off and go outside.

The local parliamentary leader of the Greens (biggest third party in Australian politics) has gone off the rails and possibly tanked her political career over this trial, and it's not the first time she's fallen down one of these holes (posted a lot of questionable stuff about the CCP last year) . Some people just can't handle being online, the same way that some people can't hold their liquor.
I'm almost grateful for moments like these because I go "thank fuck I'm not THIS online"

SP.

Oct 27, 2017

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Deleted member 22476

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Emperor Kojima is the right amount of online

Edit: Unbearable Weight of Massive Nicolas Cage appeared on my Plex, Monday night viewing sorted

Last edited:

JAT

Oct 27, 2017
Can my Dead Space 3 opinions get me banned? (it being one of the best games of that generation)

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
Can my Dead Space 3 opinions get me banned? (it being one of the best games of that generation)

No, but you should probably be at least a little ashamed.

Not to the point where the first thing you think when you wake up is "Goddammit", but maybe enough that when you see your face in the mirror, you visibly scowl.

I also like Dead Space 3, despite its problems.

Don't tell other people.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
No, but you should probably be at least a little ashamed.

Not to the point where the first thing you think when you wake up is "Goddammit", but maybe enough that when you see your face in the mirror, you visibly scowl.

I also like Dead Space 3, despite its problems.

Don't tell other people.
Finally we got some genuine good™️ opinions

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If Indy is first person that says to me that they could not get Harrison Ford's likeness. I can't see them paying for that and then not showing him much on screen.

Oct 31, 2017
From everything I read it really sounds like Forbidden West doesn't solve or address any of my complaints about the first game and just doubles down on size. The original was like a rather weak 8/10 for me and a lot of that was being propped up by the novelty of the setting. It was their first big third person game after doing Killzone for years so I gave it a pass. The sequel seemed like a perfect opportunity to polish the original. Then I saw gameplay and like your weapon wheel seems to have easily twice as many icons on it and the inventory still seems kinda bad..

That is spot on

Aside from the presentation face lift, which is kind of a given considering the dev time, but ever other aspect of the game is either at the same level as its five year old sequel, or somehow worse.

Visuals go a long way for me, so I still had an alright time, but FW is far from the "Among Thieves"-tier sequel it should have been.

I wouldn't say it doesn't address the first game's issues -- they tried to improve traversal (glider, grapple hook, flying mounts), they definitely tried to improve human combat, and they definitely tried to allow for more progress in upgrading your weapons (I used to go straight to Meridian to get all the highest weapons once the map opened up in the first game).

But the way they tried to improve traversal for climbing was strange and didn't actually help, while the grapple hook doesn't really allow for smooth and quick traversal over large areas. And upgrading has the issue where it took a lot to upgrade any weapon you had, and by the time you upgraded it meaningfully, a better weapon came along anyway.

I don't think it's either/or for doubling size/trying to polish the original; they did both, but what I'm realizing is the attempts to polish the original in a lot of ways didn't work. I've played the game in bursts over the past few months but haven't finished it, mostly because it's overwhelming, whereas I finished the first game easily.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
I wouldn't say it doesn't address the first game's issues -- they tried to improve traversal (glider, grapple hook, flying mounts), they definitely tried to improve human combat, and they definitely tried to allow for more progress in upgrading your weapons (I used to go straight to Meridian to get all the highest weapons once the map opened up in the first game).

But the way they tried to improve traversal for climbing was strange and didn't actually help, while the grapple hook doesn't really allow for smooth and quick traversal over large areas. And upgrading has the issue where it took a lot to upgrade any weapon you had, and by the time you upgraded it meaningfully, a better weapon came along anyway.

I don't think it's either/or for doubling size/trying to polish the original; they did both, but what I'm realizing is the attempts to polish the original in a lot of ways didn't work. I've played the game in bursts over the past few months but haven't finished it, mostly because it's overwhelming, whereas I finished the first game easily.
I haven't played it yet so it's good to know they attempted fixes because that at least means they're aware of the problem. One day I'll own a PS5 and maybe I'll pick it up as a GOTT edition or something but currently have zero interest in it. Then again after Elden Ring I really need a break from open world games. Even Sniper Elite is kind of tiring because of its vast open maps. What I'm looking forward to is a nice, linear corridor shooter - something like Max Payne 3.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
I haven't played it yet so it's good to know they attempted fixes because that at least means they're aware of the problem. One day I'll own a PS5 and maybe I'll pick it up as a GOTT edition or something but currently have zero interest in it. Then again after Elden Ring I really need a break from open world games. Even Sniper Elite is kind of tiring because of its vast open maps. What I'm looking forward to is a nice, linear corridor shooter - something like Max Payne 3.

I think FW is a much better game than the original with better combat mechanics, better weapons, better supporting characters and better sidequests. The only major issue I have with it is how it's story is structured (there's way too many important story elements that don't get proper development).

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
The entire Halo scenario is a fascinating example of setting the wrong expectation

Knowing that they do not have the manpower nor resources to sustain a constantly-updated project, they could have simply came out ahead of it and stated that Infinite is not a service, and would adhere to the old school model of less frequent, more substantial updates.

Setting the expectation that H:I would keep up with Fortnite/Warzone is what really got them into this mess.

Yeah it's like their attempts at expanding traversal mechanics aimed at doing the bare minimum, and even then, simple movement suchas climbing across a wall is somehow slower and more clunky that in ZD

I try to refrain from using the term "worst", but God damn that grappling him may be the most useless grappling hook I can recall in recent times.

It's just damn slow

Last edited:

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
this is what happens when you stray from this thread's intended purpose (discussing the DC cinematic universe)

OP
OP
Death Metalist
Oct 25, 2017
Kuwait ⇄ Leeds, England
3379242-vlcsnap-2022-06-03-15h11m35s279.jpg

Unprofessional Fridays: UPF - 06/03/22
Nothing better than arranging an attaché case and SKATIN'!

-----

We Talk Over: State of Play (06/02/2022)
We have a packed State of Play with a new Resident Evil 4, Final Fantasy XVI, Street Fighter 6, and cats!

-----

Voicemail Dump Truck 025
Bands, stands, and the Dump Truck will make EVERYONE dance!

-----

GrubbSnax 49: The Summer Game Mess, Dragon Age News, and More
Join Jeff from his hotel room to talk about what's coming up in the "Not-E3" season.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Trying to have a nice Snyder-Verse conversation and this Death Metalist guy always posting random stuff from some website

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm thinking a group of us all can link up and start a Blank Check-esque podcast about our lord and savior Z Snyder

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Keighley is really downplaying his show, this year.

You know it's not going to be banger when even Keighley can't bring himself to hype it.