• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• Speaking Of Cum Stains, Shout Out To Our Seamen

Votes: 76 32.9%
  • You Did The Job

Votes: 59 25.5%
  • Rorie's Beatin' It

Votes: 34 14.7%
  • A Message Of Hope And Cheer

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Wallbabies

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Is That What A Man Can Be?

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Subject Line Transphobia

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Freestanding

Nov 27, 2019
I have a cheap AOC Admiral Overseas Corp. monitor and love it! But maybe i'm a pleb and Brad would scoff at it. =(

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Playing through Outer Wilds for the first time, I'm like 6 hours in.

I now understand why people reacted that way to Jeff having not found/used the translation tool. That's like, baffling. I'm shocked it works at all!?

I got to the game when it came to steam and had to check/ask to see if there were some sort of update/changes to it that made that Jeff stuff make sense. Nope.

liquiddragon

Jun 20, 2020
Sony offering Ratchet & Clank (2016) for free from March 1 to 31st.
I didn't like it as much as most ppl seemed to but could do a lot worse for zero dollars.

Space Gomez

Oct 28, 2017
I got to the game when it came to steam and had to check/ask to see if there were some sort of update/changes to it that made that Jeff stuff make sense. Nope.
When he was talking about it during GOTY it sounds like he was trying to get off the starting planet ASAP because of the time loop.

ie HE PLAYED THE GAME WRONG UGHHHH

Smerdyakov

Nov 13, 2017
When he was talking about it during GOTY it sounds like he was trying to get off the starting planet ASAP because of the time loop.

I think if he went into the game completely blind he would have understood it better. People talking about the time limit and saying that the game was "like Myst" probably gave him the complete wrong idea about what the game was.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah that was the consensus. That he did the Jeff thing and went in with a view of what the game was (you need to rush to get stuff done before resets) and never deviated from that path/was never able to see the game in any other way.

It's kind of a quality of his that leads to some of his better takes; if you aren't enjoying something just don't play it. But there are times that it seems that he decides that there is only one way he can have fun with a thing and if that isn't the game it is it doesn't matter, it's the only way he will play it. Or something.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
I feel like trying to speed through took away his curiosity. You're not going to know the solution on the first run or even in the first 15 runs so take your time and explore. I mean the first thing I did when I got into the ship was look around it and I saw the log immediately.

Space Gomez

Oct 28, 2017
It's wild because IIRC isn't there an NPC that straight up tells you to take your time in the starting area? Beyond that, there's so much cool stuff in the museum I don't see how you could stop and want to look at that stuff anyway.

May 5, 2018
Bombcast today should be pretty packed with news with the Nintendo Direct announcements needing to be covered and all of the delay news for VM Bloodlines 2 and Gran Turismo 7.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
My interpretation at the time was that like... him knowing what the point of the game was made him go "cool, did the museum, tutorial's over, loop's starting gotta goooooo" and he just ran right past the very obvious translator-giving guy, or something.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Kinda weird that the new PSVR will have a cord. I thought for sure that would be wireless.
Part of PSVR's thing is that the console is the primary processor. Sony would have to invest in PSVR as a separate console rather than a console accessory to really justify wireless. I know PSVR sold solid, but I don't think it sold well enough to make that jump.

I know Occulus Quest 2 really took off this past winter, but a big reason for that was the $299.99 price tag (and easier availability than next-gen consoles). Sony's only going to hit anywhere near that price tag if it's an accessory product.

Humanity

Aug 31, 2019
Don't care about PSVR but man I hope the next Xbox Elite controller is gonna completely rip off all those cool trigger tricks from Sony.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like trying to speed through took away his curiosity. You're not going to know the solution on the first run or even in the first 15 runs so take your time and explore. I mean the first thing I did when I got into the ship was look around it and I saw the log immediately.
Did he miss the log as well? I only knew about the translator. But the log would probably stay half empty anyway if you don't translate anything.

My interpretation at the time was that like... him knowing what the point of the game was made him go "cool, did the museum, tutorial's over, loop's starting gotta goooooo" and he just ran right past the very obvious translator-giving guy, or something.
There's four references to the translator in the beginning, two of them make a big deal out of it. The piece in the museum, the person in the museum, the person next to the museum (they actually yell at you even if you walk past, I think) and the one you get the launch codes from iirc.

MrHedin

Dec 7, 2018
Did he miss the log as well? I only knew about the translator. But the log would probably stay half empty anyway if you don't translate anything.

I'm fairly sure he missed the log as well. I would go back to listen but I don't feel like getting irrationally angry at meaningless things again.

Flipmenex

Oct 27, 2017
The funny thing is that if Jeff had gotten the translator, done a few loops and advanced through the game he would then justifiably realize that he was right and the game is really nothing special after all.

Rickenslacker

Oct 25, 2017
The funny thing is that if Jeff had gotten the translator, done a few loops and advanced through the game he would then justifiably realize that he was right and the game is really nothing special after all.
jSoLfuq.gif

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
Brad: "Recent version of a classic game should have more modern conveniences."
Also Brad: "I refuse to play this game on lower difficulties and will only play the one that is claimed to be the most like the classic games."

Banshee

Oct 27, 2017
Missouri
Got my first vaccine dose mere minutes ago. Super weird feeling.

Still shocked they let me. I'm a caretaker for my grandma. She was scheduled to get hers, and they basically just said "Hey you want one too? You take care of her so you'll need it!"

They practically tried to get our whole family to come for one, heh. One of the few perks of living in the middle of nowhere - far less takers when they actually get this shit.

Back for dose two in late March.

MrKlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Give me all the Valheim talk.
All Valheim, all the time.
That's what I want

The Valheim professionally relaxed friday stream was painful. Nobody had any idea what to do except maybe Vinny who spent most of the time just repairing the house while everyone ran away from the constantly spawning troll.

Raft stuff was fun but basically Will turned up and built them a nice house that we didn't even see happen so I've no idea how accessible the game is because the stream made it look terrible.

It seems good though so maybe the team will do some streams of it from the start, perhaps in the meadows rather than being near the black forest?

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The Valheim professionally relaxed friday stream was painful. Nobody had any idea what to do except maybe Vinny who spent most of the time just repairing the house while everyone ran away from the constantly spawning troll.

Raft stuff was fun but basically Will turned up and built them a nice house that we didn't even see happen so I've no idea how accessible the game is because the stream made it look terrible.

It seems good though so maybe the team will do some streams of it from the start, perhaps in the meadows rather than being near the black forest?
Want to see it from the beginning and a ton of building? Watch Abby's past stream here:

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first vaccine dose mere minutes ago. Super weird feeling.

Still shocked they let me. I'm a caretaker for my grandma. She was scheduled to get hers, and they basically just said "Hey you want one too? You take care of her so you'll need it!"

They practically tried to get our whole family to come for one, heh. One of the few perks of living in the middle of nowhere - far less takers when they actually get this shit.

Back for dose two in late March.
That means you can watch the Snyder Cut in theaters

OutofMana

Oct 25, 2017
California
Okay, after like around 20hrs or so I've finally reached Valheim burnout. The game is neat but the upgrading loop is way too tedious for my liking.

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Generalisation Around Alt-Right Rhetoric (SJW)
There's a weird German word for that feeling I'm experiencing watching all these performative gamergaters pretend to get excited for a Harry Potter game, a franchise typically most enjoyed by performative SJW-types. There will be another German word for watching the same gamergaters pretend to like the game after they get it and it's a games-as-service full of bad micro-transactions and lame events.