• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What do YOU want the next OT title to be?

• YEEEEEEEEEEEEHAW!

Votes: 159 42.0%
  • Got A Light?

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Shep Shep Is Gonna Ship Ship?

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Good Game, Player!

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • We're Going From Four Shitters To Two!

Votes: 14 3.7%
  • Those Dogs Was Fuckin'

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • It's A Lockdown, Baby

Votes: 175 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

efr

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 19, 2019
The Jason Schrier thread having to be made by Jason is hilarious how awful this place has become since the mods stopped being transparent and strict about bans. So many people just shitposting without any context or reading the information. I got banned for complaining about spoiling an event in a thread title, that didn't even air in my area yet, but people constantly shit post trying to be a funny reddit poster wihtout actually reading the information and nothing happens.

Sep 12, 2018
I got banned for complaining about spoiling an event in a thread title, that didn't even air in my area yet
AlarmingElatedComet-size_restricted.gif

May 30, 2018
The Jason Schrier thread having to be made by Jason is hilarious how awful this place has become since the mods stopped being transparent and strict about bans. So many people just shitposting without any context or reading the information. I got banned for complaining about spoiling an event in a thread title, that didn't even air in my area yet, but people constantly shit post trying to be a funny reddit poster wihtout actually reading the information and nothing happens.

there does seem to be a lack of transparency with things but you were incredibly aggressive in that thread

Joeku

Oct 26, 2017
Wal-Mart had Doom out early on consoles. I should have checked for AC; Nintendo would tear them a new asshole for selling it early. But then Wal-Mart Canada is the king of leaks anyway.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
User banned (1 month): Thread derail. Trolling over multiple posts. History of similar behavior.
cmon efr let's not bury the lead as to why you got banned.
I got banned for "derailing a thread" because I complained that a historical moment in wrestling, for a transgender wrestler winning a title, was spoiled in a thread title before it even aired on the west coast.

Meanwhile, nearly every thread in gaming is derailed immediately, and threads in OT are filled with misinformed people(the Fed injecting money thread for example) but no one is ever banned for it.

Sep 12, 2018
I got banned for "derailing a thread" because I complained that a historical moment in wrestling, for a transgender wrestler winning a title, was spoiled in a thread title before it even aired on the west coast.
Yeah turns out acting whiny and self-absorbed about an amazing historic victory is not a good look dude.

It's a show about people throwing each other around a ring, who cares if you were spoiled about the intricate twists when a great glass ceiling was just smashed.

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
i mean
take it up with the mods i guess?
I did, the person who banned me handed me over to a different mod. So no transparency.
But hey, there's an entire thread of people shittalking and derailing a thread with the wrong information that is so bad, that the person who said it had to come here and post a thread saying they are all wrong. Gotta get that ad revenue and refresh clicks I guess.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
my take is that you did deserve to be banned and that I agree the mods should start hammering people being shitty around games way more frequently

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
Yeah turns out acting whiny and self-absorbed about an amazing historic victory is not a good look dude.

It's a show about people throwing each other around a ring, who cares if you were spoiled about the intricate twists when a great glass ceiling was just smashed.
That's what was said in the thread, so I asked people who love their shows and video games if they're cool that I spoil stuff before they get released. Who cares? Its just a video game or another tv show. Everyone else, including the OP, turned on me after I said that. Go figure. Can't imagine people will be cool with me posting a spoiler for Zelda BOTW 2 the day before it releases. Why was it okay to ruin something in a thread title before it even aired on the west coast?

May 30, 2018
i'm gonna guess the derails and shitposts in that thread weren't anything close to "hey multiple posters i will personally hunt you down and spoil everything for the rest of your life". i didn't look in that thread but i can't imagine they would be as aggressive and frankly nasty

i don't think anyone in this thread is on your side regarding that ban of yours so we might not be the ones to look to sympathy for

Sep 12, 2018
That's what was said in the thread, so I asked people who love their shows and video games if they're cool that I spoil stuff before they get released. Who cares? Its just a video game or another tv show. Everyone else turned on me after I said that. Go figure.
Correct, spoiler culture is completely trivial/immaterial and some shit is more important than it. Including trans rights.

Sep 12, 2018
So you're cool that I post an RE3 spoiler about the after credits scene right now? It's all trivial, right?
If it stops this childishness from you then absolutely.

Also context is important ffs lol, if the RE3 spoiler in question was something truly historic and groundbreaking I won't mind it at all. I feel like you're ignoring this element just to suit this notion that the world revolves around you.

Genesius

Nov 2, 2018
Mustn't play the demo.
Mustn't play the demo.
Mustn't play the demo.

RE2/3 are two of my favorite games, I can wait a couple weeks.
As a quick follow up, after immediately caving and playing through the demo, it's obvious that they are skipping over bits and changing around where things are just to give you a taste of how the exploration works and (briefly) how Nemesis will. It doesn't show anything we haven't seen a thousand times in trailer (except in the advertisement that follows the end of the demo).

Zombies seem tougher to dismember than in RE2, maybe just tougher in general. Plays basically like RE2, the biggest difference so far being that weapons like grenades and the knife are now bound to a weapon slot, rather than being a sub-weapon. The inventory management and map system is basically identical. The dodge is not easy to pull off, managed to get one or two perfect ones in, but got chomped by zambies quite a bit and was needing to heal regularly.

In conclusion, be excited. The demo area is very contained, a few streets and like three two-room buildings, and it took 30 minutes to explore as much as I could and clear out every area of items.

Nemesis is going to be ROUGH. Hoo boy.

Catvoca

Oct 25, 2017
Love to derail people celebrating transgender representation by aggressively complaining about spoilers 🙃

Also please post the RE3 credits scene

efr

Banned
Jun 19, 2019
If it stops this childishness from you then absolutely.

Also context is important ffs lol, if the RE3 spoiler in question was something truly historic and groundbreaking I won't mind it at all. I feel like you're ignoring this element just to suit this notion that the world revolves around you.
You changed your post. Before you didn't care, now you only don't care if its historical. I'm not a piece of shit who spoils things for other people and havent' spoiled it for myself yet because I want to enjoy it.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
As a quick follow up, after immediately caving and playing through the demo, it's obvious that they are skipping over bits and changing around where things are just to give you a taste of how the exploration works and (briefly) how Nemesis will. It doesn't show anything we haven't seen a thousand times in trailer (except in the advertisement that follows the end of the demo).

Zombies seem tougher to dismember than in RE2, maybe just tougher in general. Plays basically like RE2, the biggest difference so far being that weapons like grenades and the knife are now bound to a weapon slot, rather than being a sub-weapon. The inventory management and map system is basically identical. The dodge is not easy to pull off, managed to get one or two perfect ones in, but got chomped by zambies quite a bit and was needing to heal regularly.

In conclusion, be excited. The demo area is very contained, a few streets and like three two-room buildings, and it took 30 minutes to explore as much as I could and clear out every area of items.

Nemesis is going to be ROUGH. Hoo boy.
See, now I don't gotta play the demo. I've lived it through this text.

Oct 25, 2017
You changed your post. Before you didn't care, now you only don't care if its historical. I'm not a piece of shit who spoils things for other people and havent' spoiled it for myself yet because I want to enjoy it.
What argument are you trying to win here? Your ban is in the past, the board and this thread seem to disagree with you as a whole, so you can either self-reflect on why that is, let it go, or... keep alienating people over a wrestling spoiler?

Also, both online only podcasts have been great this week, and I hope it puts to rest the dated concerns that this type of cross-coast audio stuff can't ever be done.

Sep 12, 2018
I never changed anything, I'm very consistent about generally not giving a shit about spoilers I just think making a great moment of representation all about yourself is a bit silly and you kinda deserve whatever criticism/mockery you're gonna get for it.